+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abby - Season 8

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Abby - Season 8

Abby

Height: 5'4"
    Hometown: Mabank, TX

Abby is loyal to a fault, hardworking, a vivacious lover of life who avoids conflict and likes everyone to get along. She faced an enormous tragedy in October 2006. In light of losing her beloved husband, 5 year-old daughter and 2 week-old son in a fatal car crash, she chooses to forge ahead. She has been searching for a way to finally get back to a "normal" life and feels this will happen when she loses the weight.

Abby has been on various diets since the sixth grade when her mother, who has also always been overweight, recommended that she lose a few pounds. Her weight has gone up and down for years and since the accident she has gained even more rapidly, using food as her way of coping with her losses.

She is high school teacher and is a favorite amongst the students, often being requested by students that are not even required to take her classes. She enjoys inspiring students to achieve their personal bests, but often feels like a hypocrite since she is not doing the same. Abby recently went back to school and graduated with a Master's of Education degree maintaining a 4.0 grade point average. Abby desperately wants to live a healthy lifestyle enabling her to make the most of the next step in her new "normal" life.

The Biggest Loser - NBC Site

Re: Abby - Season 8

Oh My Gosh, what an awful tragedy she has gone through. I wish her well.

I love her already, but like I said in another thread, I'm really dreading how this show will edit her story. We all know how much TBL loves its sob stories, but after hearing each sob story about a million times each episode, it feels like a broken record.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

We'll hear about this one nonstop for the first few weeks. I'm rooting for her, but rooting for the producers not to dwell on it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3684389;
    We'll hear about this one nonstop for the first few weeks. I'm rooting for her, but rooting for the producers not to dwell on it as well.
    i hope not. it's way too close to home for me. my husband and our two young daughters recently narrowly survived a horrific car crash that almost claimed my dad's life (we were all riding in a minivan together, with my mom and brother) and reading even that little snippet just makes me feel ill.. ugh

for her to have recovered from the experience to the point where she can own it like this and use it as a source of strength though, i admire her for that a lot. maybe they will show the story in a way that helps me too
    _(Moo!)

I can't even imagine. I do hope BL doesn't use this for ratings but she can be such an inspiration to so many people....

My goodness - she has the most awesome attitude! And the things she says, WOW! I am looking forward to seeing more of her and watching her journey on the ranch.

(and yes, hoping BL doesn't overdo the sob story, but knowing they will *sigh*)

Her attittude really is amazing....I don't know if I could survive a tragedy like that! I cannot even imagine what she has been through. Makes one stop and realize that most of my struggles are petty compared to what she has been through!

I loved her last night and really was taken aback when Jillian broke down at the enormity of this woman's inner strength. Okay we got the story, now lets see her win this!

I agree! Mo is from my hometown but I am rooting for Abby. I guess it's b/c I'm a mom and can't imagine. Her inner strength is just so... wow!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast