+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 4/28 *Spoilers*

Re: Show Discussion 4/28 *Spoilers*

Someone will have to run the numbers for us (not me, Im terrible with numbers) because:
    -in total (this one month home) and then the at-home time: they will at least be home for two or three months
    -average half the wieght loss on the ranch...Mike could lose about 5 lbs per week, right?
    -If mike loses 5 lbs/week and they are home at the minimum two months total--mike loses 50 pounds (and he is still big enough to lose that much..and maybe more)
    -If Tara lost half of that...25 pounds more...where would the percentages be?
    -I just don't think Helen (particularly) and Tara can lose that much more weight...can you imagine Helen losing 25 more pounds--she would be pushing 'too thin' for her height. And, right now, their percentages are VERY close, with Mike, Tara and Helen as 1, 2, 3.

If Mike averages a steady loss (that has been half of what he lost on the ranch) I do not think it is possible for Tara and Helen to win..because they can't lose much more!

Can someone please run the numbers?

Oh--I wanted to add--I love the two hour format and I am pumped about 3 (I love this show!!!).

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3428932;
    Regarding the bolded part.....is having any kind of surgery breaking the rules? I would think it would be a rule....
    I don't know. I wondered about it too. I tend to think that it should be allowed to get rid of excess skin if for no other reason than it looks so repulsive. If the goal is to make them look as pleasing as possible, that would sure do it for me.

Spockwhat, I do believe we'll all be happier if we keep our minds above the belt line.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

They cannot get any surgery before the final show weigh in - after that they can do whatever they wish.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3429028;
    Someone will have to run the numbers for us (not me, Im terrible with numbers) because:
    -in total (this one month home) and then the at-home time: they will at least be home for two or three months
    -average half the wieght loss on the ranch...Mike could lose about 5 lbs per week, right?
    -If mike loses 5 lbs/week and they are home at the minimum two months total--mike loses 50 pounds (and he is still big enough to lose that much..and maybe more)
    -If Tara lost half of that...25 pounds more...where would the percentages be?
    -I just don't think Helen (particularly) and Tara can lose that much more weight...can you imagine Helen losing 25 more pounds--she would be pushing 'too thin' for her height. And, right now, their percentages are VERY close, with Mike, Tara and Helen as 1, 2, 3.

If Mike averages a steady loss (that has been half of what he lost on the ranch) I do not think it is possible for Tara and Helen to win..because they can't lose much more!

Can someone please run the numbers?

Oh--I wanted to add--I love the two hour format and I am pumped about 3 (I love this show!!!).
    I'm bringing these #s over from the finale speculations thread--they are the weights they'd have to lose to hit 55%, and what they still had to lose BEFORE last night's weigh in. Now going to add in Missyboxer's summary of current weights.... and taking Felipe off the charts...

Last night...Ron: 430/298/289 -9
    Filipe: 364/244/234 -10 I'm getting S-C-A-R-E-D.
    Helen: 257/161/154 -7 Anyone think the last week was more like a week and change?
    Mike: 380/235/224 -11 Oh relief!
    Tara: 294/177/169 -8

So just look at those 55% weights for their heights.... and I think the winner will need to lose more than 50% this year...

Helen at 5'6" would need to weigh 115.65 lbs.---was 45.35 more lbs., now needs to lose only 38.35 lbs. more
    Tara at 5'9" would need to weigh 132.3 lbs.---was 44.7 more lbs., now needs to lose only 36.7 lbs. more
    Mike at 5'11" would need to weigh 174.6---was 60.4 more lbs., now needs to lose only 49.4 more lbs.
    Ron at 6' would need to weigh 193.5---was 104.5 more lbs., now needs to lose only 95.5 more lbs. to hit 55%

OK, and if Felipe had stayed in...
    Felipe at 5'11" would need to weigh 163.8---80.2 more lbs., now would have needed to lose only 70.2 more lbs.

Mike is about a "week" behind the women in absolute lbs. still needed to be lost to hit 55%. If he has kept up the house rate of weight loss most of that would be gone by they come back in a month, much less two. However, I agree, they will all probably show down a lot at home, plus it will get harder as they get closer to their "goal" of 55%. And for the women it will be quite thin. Mike would have to get below 55% to start look "too" thin.
    Last edited by PWS; 04-29-2009 at 06:18 PM.

I am glad Filipe went home. He's such a baby! Why do they keep crying about why are you taking the easy way out. Well, you fell below the line so too bad. If you were so great you wouldn't have done that. Not to mention he would have done the same thing. As far as helping his people. I don't think they will change. Especially in the older family members.

I want Tara to win. But am okay with Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3429222;
    So just look at those 55% weights for their heights.... and I think the winner will need to lose more than 50% this year...

Helen at 5'6" would need to weigh 115.65 lbs.---was 45.35 more lbs., now needs to lose only 38.35 lbs. more
    Tara at 5'9" would need to weigh 132.3 lbs.---was 44.7 more lbs., now needs to lose only 36.7 lbs. more
    Mike at 5'11" would need to weigh 174.6---was 60.4 more lbs., now needs to lose only 49.4 more lbs.
    Ron at 6' would need to weigh 193.5---was 104.5 more lbs., now needs to lose only 95.5 more lbs. to hit 55%
    Based on this:
    Helen-that would be too thin for her height and close to impossible (also, her age is going to hamper her a bit too).
    Tara-would be quite difficult for her to hit this at her height unless she got THIN!
    Mike-totally possible...if fact, his target weight is actually around the 160s, so 174 would be more than comfortable! Now, he only needs to lose around 45-50 pounds to likely win, and we can guess that he at least has 2 months (whereas Tara needs to lose 35-40 pounds in that period, and she is much smaller (thus, weight loss much slower as she progresses towards target weight)).
    Ron- all but impossible for him to lose around 100 lbs. for several reasons... 1)has taken him almost double that time while he has been at the ranch to lose that amount 2) he has the equivalent of one leg and arm 3) he will be at home with responsibilities as a dad, more temptations, etc... 4) I never thought he was as strong-willed or serious about losing the weight as the others (I just get this feeling that in his mind his son winning is paramount to him losing weight).

Again, my money is on mike. I hate that the second and third place peeps get nothing. If I were Tara, I would almost wanta send myself home in 4th, because she would be all but guaranteed to win the at-home 100k, whereas now she faces a steep climb against mike and could easily lose the title (and $$).

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3428932;
    Regarding the bolded part.....is having any kind of surgery breaking the rules? I would think it would be a rule....
    Setting up that kind of surgery takes time and I think it is considered cosmetic so his health insurance will not cover it. Then they is recovery time, no way, no how would he have time to do this before the final weight in. Now if he won any kind of prize and did it after, that's another story.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3429006;
    Yeah, I'm not saying she is... she's just looking and talking like it. Part of it is probably exhaustion.

Picturing Ron's chest was bad enough, but I actually imaged his scrotum. Dang. I hate being so visual. Gaaaaak!
    May be necessary, however, he could really mess up his bum knee if he accidentally stepped on it.
    Way too funny.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3429269;
    Based on this:
    Helen-that would be too thin for her height and close to impossible (also, her age is going to hamper her a bit too).
    Tara-would be quite difficult for her to hit this at her height unless she got THIN!
    Mike-totally possible...if fact, his target weight is actually around the 160s, so 174 would be more than comfortable! Now, he only needs to lose around 45-50 pounds to likely win, and we can guess that he at least has 2 months (whereas Tara needs to lose 35-40 pounds in that period, and she is much smaller (thus, weight loss much slower as she progresses towards target weight)).
    Ron- all but impossible for him to lose around 100 lbs. for several reasons... 1)has taken him almost double that time while he has been at the ranch to lose that amount 2) he has the equivalent of one leg and arm 3) he will be at home with responsibilities as a dad, more temptations, etc... 4) I never thought he was as strong-willed or serious about losing the weight as the others (I just get this feeling that in his mind his son winning is paramount to him losing weight).

Again, my money is on mike. I hate that the second and third place peeps get nothing. If I were Tara, I would almost wanta send myself home in 4th, because she would be all but guaranteed to win the at-home 100k, whereas now she faces a steep climb against mike and could easily lose the title (and $$).
    I agree with this. Anyone else starting to feel like a Bachelor sleuth or something, with all the number crunching we've been doing?

Definetly feels like a Bachelor sleuth.

Question for everyone.. Felipe said something Tuesday night... it was a quote.. I really like it but didn't write it down.. does anyone remember.. because I sure don't.....I have no memory left anymore.. due to all the aspertaine I used to inhale.. or due to the kids.. who knows. But does anyone remember?

+ Reply to Thread