+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 4/28 *Spoilers*

Re: Show Discussion 4/28 *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3428607;
    Anyway, along with Helen, I don't think Tara is looking super-good these days.
    I was having a tough time with Helen last night. She seems to have lost weight in her nose. She now has a Jimmy Durante-esque nose. It was very distracting.

Tara's teeth seem to have grown
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3428608;
    Tara is 23 why would she date 18yr old Mike? Kinda yucky.
    Yes . . .a 5-year age gap at that particular stage is more like a chasm. Especially when the male is the younger. And let's face it--Mike is probably more socially-challenged with the girls than the average 18-year-old guy because it's highly unlikely that he received any female attention (except negative) during high school at 400 pounds.

Mike has impressed me heretofore with his maturity in other areas, though. The cocky young man attitude we've been seeing for a few weeks now might have been there all along but now is being engineered to the forefront, since Mike is nearly universally likeable, much like Michelle and Ali before him. He will most likely win, unless Tara squeaks by him by a pound or two. Regardless, my hope for Mike is that he will go off to college with his newfound self-confidence and find a girl of his own age. He'd probably be a sweet boyfriend, but I think the freshmen should stick together. The last think Mike needs right now is a 'older woman' head case complicating his life with her issues. He's still sorting out his own issues. Dating is another huge complication that can probably wait a little while--I don't think 18-year-olds, no matter how mature, are well-advised to make emotional entanglements so young. But it will be nice to think of Mike enjoying college life as a normal-sized person for the first time ever, and being thought of by his peers both male and female, as a good-looking, together guy.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3428597;
    Bearcata, I just had a terrible flash of Ron with the skin gone, a scar down the middle and one nipple in the middle of his chest.

Now that is just a mental image I did NOT need! But really, I'm thinking it would be no more disturbing than Ron without his shirt now, and I'm not trying to be mean.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

To me, Ron is the one that should have gone. I was so disappointed to se Filipe go. Sad about his father.

CCL

I've seen pictures of Tara from her model days (lighter but not skinny-skinny) and I remember thinking that her face was not that attractive in them. As others have commented, she must lose weight in her face first. Right now (based on last night's show)I still think she looks good facially and I thought her hair looked nice as well (I've always thought she had nice hair; must not be the only one to think so as it was the only hair they didn't change during the makeover).

Regarding couples with weight issues - it can work both ways. They can either reinforce the weight loss - working out together, planning meals etc. Or one of them can slip back into old habits and drag the other with them. But, then, it can also be that one stays skinny and one doesn't. Ron's wife lost her weight and she has kept it off, even when all the men in her life are heavy.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I want Mike to win. I don't care for either of the women left and I don't see it happening for Ron, so Mike it is.

Too bad Ron can't get all that skin removed before the finals. He'd lose many more pounds, wouldn't he?

Bearcata, I just had a terrible flash of Ron with the skin gone, a scar down the middle and one nipple in the middle of his chest.
    Please, no, I almost spewed my caffiene on the the monitor. Can you imagine all that skin coming to life and becoming miniRon? Still I can see Ron as a patient on Dr. 90210. Scrotum lift anyone?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I wonder if Mike will go to the other extreme in college, however, since he hasn't had the dating/partying in high school...he could gain a lot back through beer and college dining (all you can eat without a lot of control of the entrees except salad bar in most places).

Just an observation about Mike and Tara, or any young couple with that age difference. I know we're just teasing about those two, but my point is that some people are much older, or younger than their years. When I was 26 I married a man who was 21. He had always had so many responsibilities that he was old for his age. I often said that I had to "young him up". It's now forty-four years later and I'm still working on that. Any idea how I can get the man in a pair of shorts so the glare off those legs won't give me a headache?

I want Mike to win. I don't care for either of the women left and I don't see it happening for Ron, so Mike it is.

Too bad Ron can't get all that skin removed before the finals. He'd lose many more pounds, wouldn't he?

Regarding the bolded part.....is having any kind of surgery breaking the rules? I would think it would be a rule....

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    (Which I believe someone else referred to as 'hitting the sauce'. Which she wouldn't--too many calories.)
    Yeah, I'm not saying she is... she's just looking and talking like it. Part of it is probably exhaustion.

Originally Posted by Muduh

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Please, no, I almost spewed my caffiene on the the monitor. Can you imagine all that skin coming to life and becoming miniRon? Still I can see Ron as a patient on Dr. 90210. Scrotum lift anyone?
    Picturing Ron's chest was bad enough, but I actually imaged his scrotum. Dang. I hate being so visual. Gaaaaak!
    May be necessary, however, he could really mess up his bum knee if he accidentally stepped on it.

+ Reply to Thread