+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 4/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3406867;
    would it be possible for the contestants to "get sick" after a temptation round like that one?

I'm so glad that that type of strategy doesn't seem to be a factor but I guess part of me is also a little suprised

any thoughts?
    I personally would have gotten sick, but not because I would have gagged myself. When I started losing weight a few years ago, I was very strict with myself and didn't eat any "junk" for about a year and a half. At that point I had lost about 90 lbs and I decided I would indulge in my favorite cinnamon coffee cake on Christmas morning. I didn't eat nearly as much as these contestants did, but I ate too much, and I was sick the rest of the day.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3406846;
    Just my opinion BUT where do they get the UGLY clothes that they dress Allison Sweeney in? Yellow dress with black shoes? Every week is BAD preggers or not. It's like they try to make her look dumpy!
    Agreed.

Sione didn't look that different at home (not drastically different, anyhow). Apart from the shorter hair.

I wonder if Mike approached Laura about an alliance. Maybe she and Tara have aligned with him and Mike (as someone suggests above). But I don't see Mike going against Kristen (as she has remained loyal to "the pack") so basically that alliance would only serve to get rid of one person (Helen).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by donnandale;3406932;
    Jillian looks like she is in a good spot to win the finals again. Here are the percentages:

start --- current --- percentage --- height --- pounds lost
    Tara - 294 --- 186 --- 36.76 --- --- 5'9 ---- 108
    Mike - 388 --- 248 --- 36.10 --- --- 5'11 ---- 140
    Helen - 257 --- 169 --- 34.25 ------ 5'6 ---- 88
    Kristin - 360 --- 245 --- 31.95 --- --- 5'6 ---- 115
    (Sione)- 372 --- 256 --- 31.18 ------ 6'0---- 116
    Filipe - 364 --- 252 --- 30.77 ------ 5'11 - --- 112
    Ron - - 430 --- 308 --- 28.32 --- --- 6'0 - --- 122
    Laura - 285 --- 205 --- 28.01 --- --- 5'9 - ---- 80

However, Kristin, Filipe and Ron still have a good chunk of weight that they can lose whereas Tara and Helen aren't going to be able to get much past 50%. They would be smart to get rid of Kristin the next chance they get given how much she can potentially lose at home. Even though I'd rather see Ron and Felipe go next.

And Ron didn't really lose as much as it looked like. He gained three pounds last week (from the hospital fluids) and lost nine this week. If you take the three he gained away, he only lost an average of 3 pounds each week.
    Thanks for summarizing the numbers for us. And, I pretty much agree with your analysis as well. I was surprised that Jillian was so surprised at Tara only losing 3 pounds - I think the surprise is that she has been able to post so many big numbers previously. Based on her weight, she certainly still has some to lose, but looking at her the last couple of weeks as she's gotten on the scale, she looks really trim so she must also have alot of muscle mass. I admire greatly what she's done, but she will have a difficult time winning as you've said. Helen is in a similar situation.

I think Mike has the best chance of the guys and Kristen has the best chance of the girls. I think the 3rd position will come down to gameplay.

Laura voted off the biggest threat to herself in voting off Sione, so that was the sensible decision. I haven't always liked Sione's gameplay and whining (though Felipe is the more guilty of this), but I enjoy him as a viewer more than Helen. Helen is no doubt a hard worker and successful game player, but I find her attitude grating. "I'm not ready to go hooooooooome." Frankly I have disliked Helen ever since her daughter fell on the sword for her--I contrast her to Kristin's mom or mothers from other seasons, and find a definite lack of maternal devotion/self-servingness radiating from Helen. I think she was probably always the hot thing when she was younger, and in a sense is trying to get back there again, so she can strut around as a 'MILF'. By the looks of it, she hasn't changed her hair since those 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' days, and I can't wait to see them chop it OFF for the makeover.

So, not a Helen fan. Plus, she is legitimately tiny now at under 170, and therefore may well leave next week anyhoo. I've always thought that anybody who survives up to the makeover with Tim Gunn is already a winner. Bummer to be sent home the week before that! Sione would have been a contender for the BL crown--as t'is, he may win the $100K at-home prize. I seriously think it would be better to get a makeover and then go home before being in the final three, 'cause a contestant that stays at the ranch that long has an automatic boost for the at-home prize over others that went home in Week 2--I think there's a better shot at an at-home win in that scenario, rather than the heartbreak of losing the $250,000 by 2 pounds as a finalist and not getting a dime.

Of course, we could debate the fairness of having a contestant eliminated in Week 13 after all that ranch advantage competing for the same money as someone sent home in the very early weeks. Not fair, that, but BL amply demonstrates that life is Not Fair. Maybe they need to pro-rate the at-home prize: $100K to the loser who loses at home up to say, Week 8. Half that amount for anyone who gets eliminated closer to the finale.

I see that some folks are eying with slack-jawed wonderment HostAli's maternity attire. Why? As anybody knows, the BL stylist is blind. Or at least, color-blind. Pregnancy presents special challenges to be sure, but they used to dress Caroline Rhea hideously, too, and she was never pregnant on the show. I used to blame Caro for her godawful sartorial style, but seeing as Ali, someone who has been celebrated for her beauty as a romantic lead, looks equally bad . . .I can only blame this show's wardrobe people and the horrid Karma of this show in general. Must be. So my advice to Ali and any other subsequent hosts is, Insist on wearing your own clothes. You could not dress yourself worse, so it's worth a shot. Call Stacey and Clinton from WNTW and they will get you in something pretty yet suitable for television. Seriously.

FORT Fogey

I am in total agreement that the stylist needs to be fired.

No suspense in this elimination. It was pretty silly to see the staged talks she had with both of them before the vote.

I am shocked that only Kristin took the sensible road and did not eat in that challenge (I think she had one thing). I did not understand why they cared so much to get control over voting out one of the two below the yellow line. If they had a choice of anyone, then that would be different. The only way to play this game is to stay above that line and do not make enemies.

Mike doesn't need his fathers help. He is young and peeling off the weight. Granted he has his fathers support and company but Ron is not keeping him in the game. If Mike falls below the yellow line all bets are off. He is the biggest threat and Ron is no longer in power. That would be interesting. I like Mike and I am rooting for him though.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Hikari, though I agree with most of what you've said... Helen is not quite yet legitimately tiny

The medical recommendation for her height, gender and age would be in the 118-155 range. I think she would be in the upper range of this due to her muscle mass, so probably around 150. 20 lbs may not seem like much, but the lower weights fall, the greater difference each pound makes. At 170, she is considered to be overweight still (but way under of the obese range ), but due to her muscle mass I would put her just over the heavy end of 'normal'.

I cross checked several internet sources for this information, and it's the medical world's opinion, not mine.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-08-2009 at 12:34 PM.

Yeah, tiny's not quite accurate, but everything about her attitude is dead on! Ron's overzealousness for his son - I can understand that, but at least he didn't send Mike packing so he could stay on!

Sorry to see Sione go - I would've much rather had Filipe go instead.

I was screaming at Ron last night to just let it go. It is a game and in the end it's really about taking off the most weight. I don't know how I would have handled the situation with Sionne but Ron should have just kept himself above the yellow line just as he did and smile it off.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

Why in the heck is Ron STILL THERE?? It baffles my mind because his weight loss is slow, he can hardly do a darn thing and he is no role model when it comes to working out and getting the job done. Anyway, I have never warmed up to Helen either- or her daughter- and I don't know why.
    Kristin was the only smart one in the group by not eating much at the challenge- its funny that no one seemed to realize what she did- you eat cupcakes, you fall below yellow line. simple. I can't stand these kind of challenges - stuff your face for a prize- ON A WEIGHT LOSS SHOW! Jillian was ticked off- but her anger should be geared towards the producers and challenge makers- not the contestants. I would probably eat the junk too- but I would be looking for the gum and money.

Beachgirl and Spockwhat:

Please allow me to amend my earlier comment to "legitimately tiny for the purposes of the Biggest Loser."

I felt that it is widely assumed and tacitly accepted that anyone remotely near 'normal' for their height and frame is "tiny" by comparison. Now that Helen's under 170 pounds and probably a size 12, I feel that qualifies her as small--relatively speaking. Sure, she could still lose another 30-35 pounds, but my point being, those last 30 pounds are going to be the toughest, now that she is more or less a 'normal' weight. 2-pound week weight-losses at this stage are completely normal and I doubt Helen will be pulling any more 8, 9 pound numbers at her current size. Apart from Tara, who given her greater height, looks good right now, the remaining women are still quite large. Kristin (who gets prettier every week) now weighs after 100+ pounds down, what many of the women weigh when they start, in the 240s. Kristin could stilll lose another 100 pounds altogether, though she will run out of time for it to happen before the finale.

I think Mike just might take the pie.

+ Reply to Thread