+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BodyBugg "the arm band"

BodyBugg "the arm band"

I have always wondered what the "arm band" was that they wore. I read this link Where are the 'Biggest Losers' now? - 'Biggest Loser' on TODAY

and this is what Ali says about it..
    Ali watches her calorie intake and continues to wear the BodyBugg on her arm to measure her calorie burn. "I don't want to leave anything to guesswork when I have the tools not to," she said.

So I goolgled and now I know. It counts your burned calories and also tracks your calorie consumption by linking to a computer program that you enter you food intake into.

Mystery solved.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

Re: BodyBugg "the arm band"

I always thought those were heart monitors... I kept wondering how ill they all must be to continue to wear them even when they were fit!
    Yup, with donuts!!

it is a cool little device. it works as a pedometer too. You set up your own program depending on how fast you want to lose and will tell you how many calories you can eat, how many to burn to stay on your program, The best part about it is that it is one day at a time.

Thank you! My husband and I have been guessing at what those armbands are for years now. I see they are not cheap...$249 for the armband and a 6-month subscription to the web program, and after that you pay a monthly fee of $14.95.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3403346;
    Thank you! My husband and I have been guessing at what those armbands are for years now. I see they are not cheap...$249 for the armband and a 6-month subscription to the web program, and after that you pay a monthly fee of $14.95.
    I think I'll stick with paying my $40/month (actually, my Mom insists on paying it for me and for herself so it's actually free for me ) for Weight Watchers to attend the meetings (which are sooo helpful BTW) and have access to their website where I can track my points and weight and get and recipes and more. It's the easiest diet I've ever done and it's the only one that actually has worked for me. It's not as fast as the BL though It also helps that my Mom and my Sister are doing it with me. I have been thinking about getting the WW pedometer because not only does it track your steps, but it also tracks your activity points and it's only $30. OK. My infomercial for Weight Watchers is over now
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3403976;
    I think I'll stick with paying my $40/month (actually, my Mom insists on paying it for me and for herself so it's actually free for me ) for Weight Watchers to attend the meetings (which are sooo helpful BTW) and have access to their website where I can track my points and weight and get and recipes and more. It's the easiest diet I've ever done and it's the only one that actually has worked for me. It's not as fast as the BL though It also helps that my Mom and my Sister are doing it with me. I have been thinking about getting the WW pedometer because not only does it track your steps, but it also tracks your activity points and it's only $30. OK. My infomercial for Weight Watchers is over now
    ITA!!! I'm a lifetime WW. The meetings are the most important aspect of WW.. IMO. I can't see paying that much money for something that I can do another way.. much cheaper. I actually find that WW and BL tend to be very similar in terms of exercise and eating right.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3404123;
    ITA!!! I'm a lifetime WW. The meetings are the most important aspect of WW.. IMO. I can't see paying that much money for something that I can do another way.. much cheaper. I actually find that WW and BL tend to be very similar in terms of exercise and eating right.
    I agree. So many times are the "trainer tips" on TBL the same things that have been said in my WW meetings.

Congrats on being a lifetime member BTW. I'm just kind of starting out, again. I did it last spring and lost 17lbs but we kind of had a family crisis with my nephew being born at 24 weeks (he's just fine with no brain damage now) and so my Mom and Sister and I all fell off the wagon. I'm the only one that gained all back +2. My mom actually lost 2 and my sister didn't lose or gain in that time.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3404442;
    I agree. So many times are the "trainer tips" on TBL the same things that have been said in my WW meetings.

Congrats on being a lifetime member BTW. I'm just kind of starting out, again. I did it last spring and lost 17lbs but we kind of had a family crisis with my nephew being born at 24 weeks (he's just fine with no brain damage now) and so my Mom and Sister and I all fell off the wagon. I'm the only one that gained all back +2. My mom actually lost 2 and my sister didn't lose or gain in that time.
    You hang in there, friend! You succeeded before, and you'll succeed again! My Mom used to do WW when I was in high school, and we'd go on walks together so she could get her exercise, plus it was great quality time for us. I'd watch her make her meals and track her points, and I have to say it was downright inspiring. She lost something like 60 lbs.

Best to you!

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3404442;

Yes, hang in there. It's a lifestyle change. You will have good weeks and bad weeks... always will..I still do but overall I am so much healthier and happier. I do find it harder when there is a lot going on. I tend to gain when I'm stressed and working to hard (not enough sleep and over working my body). I just figured this out though.. took me long enough!!! On top of that... I'm such an emotional eater.. thank God for Orbit White bubblemint gum.. that has really kept me from eating all the time. Anyway, stay focused and find ways to motivate and reward yourself.

Also... I pretend Jillian is yelling at me when I run and workout. I think I'm mental But it does help me. It got me through running 6 miles today... most I've done at once!!!

Thanks for the encouragement guys
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

+ Reply to Thread