+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3/31 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Regular

Re: 3/31 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3401411;
    The first Biggest Losers Couple season, they had a challenge where only Bob and Jillian participated. It was doing laps the wrong way on an escalator. The winner got to pick their team. Bob picked the Pride on 3 team, leaving Jillian with all the girls + Bernie. Ali Vincent (joined team Jillian) came back and won that season- no win for Bob.
    Wow! She must be really holding on to these negative feelings if she's referring to a season two years ago.

I really like Jillian. I hope she doesn't leave. It annoys me to hear how the producers manipulate the show that much, but I guess that's what you get with "reality" tv.

Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3399592;
    Pretty much any time Tara has had immunity, and there's been quite a few, she'd gained or lost very little. It's odd that they'd magically change the rule for Nicole.

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that she gained so much? It was very suspicious.
    according to wikipedia (i know, i know, but they have it laid out so nicely), tara has not yet gained weight in this game. she had a 0 week, but no gains.

kristen had immunity in week 6 and gained weight, but this was the week that only one team fell below the yellow line. it was the black team (blaine/dane) and blaine was sent home from the black team so it was a non-issue.

so, they haven't necessarily changed the rules mid-season, it just hasn't come up until now
    Last edited by MamaAmyG; 04-03-2009 at 02:26 PM.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3402297;
    according to wikipedia (i know, i know, but they have it laid out so nicely), tara has not yet gained weight in this game. she had a 0 week, but no gains.

kristen had immunity in week 6 and gained weight, but this was the week that only one team fell below the yellow line. it was the black team (blaine/dane) and blaine was sent home from the black team so it was a non-issue.

so, they haven't necessarily changed the rules mid-season, it just hasn't come up until now
    It happened to Paul from team yellow a few years ago too. After the Neil +17 incident, they have been playing around with weight gain "punishments"
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by bubblybear;3401660;
    Wow! She must be really holding on to these negative feelings if she's referring to a season two years ago.

I really like Jillian. I hope she doesn't leave. It annoys me to hear how the producers manipulate the show that much, but I guess that's what you get with "reality" tv.
    That doesn't make sense to what she was talking about in the interview. I'm really positive that she was talking about THIS season.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3402438;
    That doesn't make sense to what she was talking about in the interview. I'm really positive that she was talking about THIS season.
    I didn't watch the itnerview.

I think that the challenges this season have been geared towards male/more fit contestant. Tara and Kristen have done great.

After watching Daniel do so bad in the kayak/hike challenge, I think they need to handicap based on the Dr. H. evaluations they receive- at least in the beginning.

I do think that she got screwed during the escalator challenge though.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3402462;
    I didn't watch the itnerview.

I think that the challenges this season have been geared towards male/more fit contestant. Tara and Kristen have done great.

After watching Daniel do so bad in the kayak/hike challenge, I think they need to handicap based on the Dr. H. evaluations they receive- at least in the beginning.

I do think that she got screwed during the escalator challenge though.
    I did listen to the interview and Jillian said that exact thing.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3402438;
    I was referring to what the other poster had referenced...re: Ali's season.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3399550;
    I wanted Ron to stay and I do think that Nicole will do just as well at home. She looks gorgeous already.
    [COLOR="Sienna"]Hi, everyone. First time posting here. I've enjoyed the discussion.

I totally agree with you on wanting Ron to stay and that Nicole will do ok at home. I like Ron. He seems like a genuine person to me. He seems kind and big-hearted.

But did you see how Nicole was glaring at everyone as they revealed their decisions? And saying "If they're my friends, they'll keep me here" - just seemed manipulative to me - and then add that glare - I was glad she left. I wish her happiness in her marriage - she looked gorgeous in her wedding gown and is doing just fine, seems to me. Ron needed to stay more than she did./COLOR]

I'm sorry....I'm one of those that thinks (knows) its time for Ron to go home. He has been manipulative throughout-first in begging w/tears that his son stay, then in stating whose time it was to go home. I think he needs to go.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3402725;
    I'm sorry....I'm one of those that thinks (knows) its time for Ron to go home. He has been manipulative throughout-first in begging w/tears that his son stay, then in stating whose time it was to go home. I think he needs to go.
    I don't necessarily fault him for begging for his son to stay, but the "I will tell you who to send home because I know what is best for everyone and who can do this at home and who can't" speeches are highly annoying.

+ Reply to Thread