+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/17 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Re: 3/17 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3385366;
    you eat a cookie and you add 5 minutes to a player of your choices time in the marathon. aka tara is screwed.

and no jillian. cauliflower does not taste like potatoes. that is a FAIL!
    I looked at my 6yr old right after Jillian's cauliflower tip and told her not to believe that. It does not taste anything like mashed potatoes. I did tell her that cauliflower tastes good and is healthy though.. have to make sure she eats her veggies....

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3385400;
    Be kinda hard to believe anything that comes out of her mouth after that, wouldn't it?
    Maybe she just hasn't had mashed potatoes in so long that she forgot what they tasted like. Or wait.. maybe she has never had the true mashed potaotes with all the milk and butter...

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm going to offer some defense for Ron... I'm not sure why.

Reading through this, people are still upset about last week. I think it was obvious we entered that conversation part way through. Mandi had already been crying, and it seemed to me that they had already had a long discussion about who was to go home. Through editing, it seems like Ron was just being a bossy ass, but I think they had already come to a decision by that point as a team and he was really trying to get the person who needed to stay... to stay!
    I truly believe as a team they felt Aubrey needed to stay... and that was supported by this weeks decision to send Kathy home.
    Last year, people weren't fond of Vicki, viewers and team mates alike. Her closest friends there even declared her to be a b**** sometimes.
    These contestants seem to be genuinely fond of Ron, for all of his fatherly bossiness, and that to me says more than bad editing.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I'm not sure than anyone has a clear vision of who they want to win this year. Last year it was who we didn't want to win. I don't think there is anyone that deserves it more than the next.

Bob's strategy ended up kicking his butt (Blaine/Dane) in the long run.

This (with the exception of Ron) is being a good, fun season. Wouldn't it be funny if Ron made it to the finals? He has lost almost 100 lbs. and sneaks the loss numbers in so he doesn't stand out in the crowd. Maybe that's Bob's strategy-bringing the numbers in under the radar!

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I agree Famita... I can think of a number of people I would like to see win, in fact, any one of them would be great... though if I had to choose one I would rather not see win, it would be Aubrey.
    Even Tara would make a great winner... as much as she whines and dramatizes, she is such an impressive competitor, she can't be denied!

A few thoughts on last night's show (what I saw, which was only the weigh-in and elimination:

Kudos to Kathy for a classy exit, probably the classiest ever.

Does anyone else think Tara looks like Kate Winslet?

I am now in Sione's corner as the most Potential Hotness. At first I thought his cousin was the better-looking one. But Sione has proven me wrong. Not to mention, Felipe whines like a girl. I think the 'fro is also too tall, making him look womanish.

Holy crap--Ron has lost 100 pounds! Where???!? The before and after looked exactly the same. I can't imagine the beating his poor body has taken over the years. It's a miracle he's still alive.

To the Point

I know that Ron is playing the game, however, I still don't find him unbearable simply because he's not nasty about it. I also take a look at Mike and figure the man has done something right raising his son. Mike seems like a really good guy. Also, as was stated above by someone (sorry can't remember who), the other contestants really seem to love Ron and I think that speaks volumes about the real guy.

I can't wait to see most of these folks at the finale. I am sure that there will be those who haven't done as well as they should have, however, I think we will see some amazing results. These folks were really heavy and I can't imagine how incredibly difficult the works outs must be for an average size person, much less really heavy folks.

P.S. The only way cauliflower has the consistency of mashed potatoes is when it's whipped into submission with a ton of butter and cream. That's why it's OK on the Atkins diet--it's no starch but high fat. I'm not sure our trainers would want their people eating that kind of dish. Seems to me that a small baked potato with a little oil on it would be better for them. They need carbs with all that working out.

I don't mind cauliflower prepared that way, but in no way does it actually taste like potatoes! It's more of a texture thing.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by EllaMinnowPea;3386007;
    I'm confused as to why Filipe and Sione are still working out with Bob? I expected they would show that it had all been figured out and they were working out with Jillian again but apparently not.

It's silly to have two teams competing when a quarter of one team isn't even working out with their trainer/team.
    It is strange that they haven't explained that clearly in the episodes.
    I just went to the BL website to try to see the beginning of last night's episode - I got home late and missed the beginning... Anyway, there are bonus scenes there that show a whole segment of Filipe and Sione (actually Filipe is the only one talking - Sione just stands there) telling the black team that they're going to work out with Bob from now on.

In that same clip, they mention going home and talking to their family about everyone at the ranch. I guess the families were asking about the "teasers" that they saw and what about "the models" and "the 18 year old." The weird thing is this show was taped months ago, so theire families haven't seen the show on tv to know about those tags. All I can think is they showed the families some clips ahead of time, or something.

I was amazed that they were able to finish a mini-marathon. I've been training for one since Jan and I know I'm not ready to jog it. I know some of the walked it but still.. it's a lot. I just wish Ron would have tried to finish it.. either the next day or over a week period. I was disappointed that he didn't and gave up.

I was also disappointed in Helen eating that cookie. She may not have known that the top would be so close.. but come on.. did you really think she would have a chance at all? Tara handled it well but I would always remember that in the back of my mind.. TBH.

+ Reply to Thread