+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Re: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3379932;
    Oooh, I hate Tara. She'd be the last person that I chose to root for, unfortunately.
    How come? She works hard & doesn't complain. No excuses. She reminds me a lot of the past couple of female winners in her work ethic & attitude.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Doesn't complain?

She has a dramatic fit every time she wins or loses a competition. Last night, Mandi was in that sitting with the ball challenge as long as she was. Mandi dropped the ball, but got up and walked it off. Tara, as usual, was lying on the ground like she had just done something impossible. I'm sick to death of the drama.

It was DISGUSTING when she opted out of a pair off because she was afraid to lose. Her words. She was a better bet to beat people in a pair off than many others on her team, but rather than looking out for the team, she protected her ego. What a peach.

FORT Regular

I can't stand Kristen. When she has a big weight loss, she gets all preachy up on the scale. Then there are weeks like this where she's all talk about working out hard and doesn't have a big loss. Then there's the whining about losing the challenges. Hello, you voted the strongest person on your team off (Dane), then the next strongest in Mandi (she may be a whiner and cryer, but in the challenges, she has been solid). How do you expect to win when you keep kicking off the stronger members and keeping the weakest ones (Ron and Kathy). Next weak Aubrey is gone unless she can loose the most weight on her team. She is now the strongest on challenges (she was rockin the wall squats (2nd to last on her team and the kettle ball squats).

Can't stand Bob either. He's their trainer, he should be concentrating on teaching them proper exercise techniques, nutrition, and getting them mentally stronger. Not game playing and making them mentally weaker. Hated that smirk he had when Philipe told him that they weren't going to work out with Jillian anymore.

Philipe has no one to blame but himself. As already mentioned, all he had to do was ask Jillian to train one on one with him. They worked out for 1.5 hours, so she spends about 40 minutes with each member. The one on ones are usually the same anyway: boxing (um, shadow box by yourself); leg press with an extra 100 lbs instead of jillian being on the bar; increase the speed on your treadmill all by yourself; do pull ups by yourself; grab some weights or a weight vest and run across the gym (instead of having Jillian on your back).

I'm still rooting for Tara. Yes, at times she's cocky, but in a competition, who doesn't get over confirdent and cocky when they consistently are the winner? She works hard, is tough in the challenges, and the scale proves it. Who cares if she didn't lose any weight this week? It's just like everyone else who has immunity, they hardly lose any weight or even gain some, so they can have a big loss the following week.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I agree, Tara probably waterloaded some (I think in addition to the food and drink at luxury), being pretty confident that black would win, or if they did she wouldn't be their target. Maybe all the salt with the tequila made her retain even more than she expected so she "overshot" her goal of just a small loss.
    If there was one thing that luxury pointed out it was the dangers of alcohol to a diet. Not just for the empty calories alone but because it totally shoots your inhibitions. I'll just have one shot becomes 2,3, and 4. And then, what the heck, chicken tenders and FRIES on top of everything already eaten. The only thing they didn't show was a round of desserts...so I guess they had SOME restraint!
    Mike is under 21, right? So presumably he wasn't drinking with the cameras rolling...and I don't recall him pigging out nearly as much as the others, so, again, dangers of alcohol.....
    I was also surprised they didn't share food---a shrimp cocktail for the table would have worked fine and given everyone a taste of a high protein food with a little "bad" sauce. Or take the sliders and take off the bread at least. And then give everyone one piece of Kobe beef. I was amazed after all these weeks that their stomachs had room for this much food. And no barfing. The alcohol didn't surprise me....I'm sure it went right to their heads after all these weeks off it.
    I was surprised they didn't work out and THEN get the massage and pedicure...that would have felt great!
    Re Ron---I suspect he's just being the spokesperson for the former Blue gang of 3, because the ladies don't want to make enemies and be mean. I suspect the quote about it being her "turn" was taken out of context. Her sister went home before for a month or two to save her, now it is her "turn". I doubt there is much to choose between them re "danger" so maybe they were just being fair. And Ron did sound irritated that the one sister was always sacrificing for the whinier one...that she should get the food, the visit, the this the that, as if the other sister had no life or value. I think Ron was telling the truth on that one, if not tactfully. OK more later on Felipe.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Back again... work had the nerve to interfere! I agree Felipe acted like a 3 year old...AFTER he got caught....I think he's one of those guys who thinks the best defense is a good offense. So he took a valid point, that Jillian should indeed have made sure she worked out with everyone (and really, especially with the new guys even if they had been a tad sulky), and used that to deflect from his own sins. Too bad, as I had been really liking him up until then...although I also didn't like how he acted when he was drunk...too loud for my taste.
    Tara I still don't like from earlier...all that drama queen sobbing.
    Mikey... when Jillian was scolding them he was looking up at her with his puppy dog eyes... all I could think was, I bet those have gotten you out of trouble with your mom before!

FORT Fogey

I AM looking forward to seeing the interactions between Mike and his brother...from the previews. I think they did a homecoming last year (or the year with Trent and Roger)...so it's not completely new.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rozzie17;3379749;
    I thought Filipe's anger was over the top. His rant was bordering on scary. Notice how he didn't look at anyone, his head down. Looked a little looney to me! Again he was the victim. All he had to do was mention to Jillian that day in the gym that she forgot about him. I doubt she did it on purpose. Instead he let it go so he could wallow in self pity. "Poor me, Jillian doesn't love me! Bob is the best."

Sorry but these people just pi$$ me off.

The intense environment creates an atmosphere very different than how we would behave in the real world. I cut him slack for his flip out.

I'm going to risk sounding like Miss Know-It-All, but 45 minutes before the end of the show last night, I was certain the Blue team had lost the weigh-in. You could totally tell Mandi and Kristen had been crying. The make-up artists tried to clean them up, but the puffy eyes were a dead give-away. As time goes on, it's becoming easier to tell who won challenges and weigh-ins because of the contestants' demeanor.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nosilla;3380233;
    I'm going to risk sounding like Miss Know-It-All, but 45 minutes before the end of the show last night, I was certain the Blue team had lost the weigh-in. You could totally tell Mandi and Kristen had been crying. The make-up artists tried to clean them up, but the puffy eyes were a dead give-away. As time goes on, it's becoming easier to tell who won challenges and weigh-ins because of the contestants' demeanor.
    Yeah, and the interview clips that they intersperse sound more "clipped" if they are meant to mislead.
    I really do wish black had lost just to "show them" though. It's only because the teams are SO unbalanced since the shuffle that they won. A team with 2 older people against one with one, and of the 2 one is so hobbled by his knees he can never lose more than about 5 lbs. (not that that's bad! ) .

I still wish they'd show Ron doing water workouts. Swimming's great exercise.

And I think that Filipe/Sione were just looking for excuses to go back to Bob. It sucks that Jillian may have overlooked him or whatever, but instead of taking the initiative to form a relationship with his new trainer, he's looking for reasons not to.

+ Reply to Thread