+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3/3 Biggest Loser Recap: A Pound A Day Keeps Eliminations Away

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

3/3 Biggest Loser Recap: A Pound A Day Keeps Eliminations Away

Hello Biggest Loser fans! It appears that we are back on schedule this week after last week's split episode. In case you missed the show last week, Dane was sent packing. Apparently after leaving, Dane ran in a marathon. By “ran in a marathon” I really mean “the production team drove him the whole way to the end and then filmed Dane running to the finish line”. Ah, the tricks that NBC uses to try to fool us! Apparently Jillian gets really mad this week at somebody, but I don't really see how that's different than any other week! Anyway, I'm done blabbing. Let's get on with the goods!

*Tara and Mandi are still all bawl baby blabby pants sad about Dane going home. Get over it.

*Rocco DiSpirito meets the contestants at a cooking school and challenges them to make healthy versions of their favorite fast foods. These foods include cheeseburgers, burritos, and pizza. Each team will make a version of these 3 foods and be judged on their version. The food will be judged on calorie content and taste. The winning team will win dinner cooked by Rocco. Is that supposed to be a prize? One person on the winning team chosen at random will win an extra vote at this week's elimination.

*The Black Team made a bison burger with onion and feta cheese, a turkey burrito, and vegetable pizza on a wheat dough. The Black Team made a stuffed burger, a turkey/rice burrito, and vegetable pizza.

Pizza: The winner is the Blue Team! Their pizza had 276 calories versus 470 for the original.
    Burrito: The winner is the Black Team! Both burritos were disgusting, but Black won because they had the lower calorie count. Their burrito had 417 versus the 1100 in the original.
    Burger: The Black Team wins! Their burger only had 303 calories and tasted great.
    Lara wins the extra vote at eliminations.

*Rocco makes his healthy version of fried chicken for the Black Team. The Blue Team has to wash dishes.

*Bob takes his team off-campus for a boxing class. Sugar Ray Leonard is there to offer his expertise. He looks pretty good for being, what, 149 years old? Apparently Aubrey used to be an amateur boxer. Did you know she's also a mother?

*Dr. H visits the gym to congratulate Mike for losing 134 lbs of hydrated fat and gaining around 20 lbs of muscle. That's a Biggest Loser record for 3 months. Tara so far as a 29% weight loss and that's another BL record for 3 months. Dr. H tells Mandi she's doing a great job. He also tells Ron that he “breaks every rule” because he's post-bypass and has a different kind of fat distribution. Ron has an odd fat distribution? All these weeks with his shirt off and I never noticed. *sarcasm* Ron has been needing less insulin and is starting to gain some muscle.

*Jillian has a serious talk with Sione about how he's feeling after losing his one true love previous trainer. He says he's doing a lot better.

*As Sione is working out, he stumbles and injures his ankle. He finds out he has a Level 1 sprain.

*Ali takes the contestants to the LA Regional Food Bank where they will have this week's challenge. The challenge is to take the food, assemble it into a kit, and then take the kits across the warehouse and load them onto the trucks. There are 100 kits to make and transfer. There are also 50 kits waiting at the truck. Each team will make and/or transfer a total of 150 kits. At the end of the challenge, the teams will have loaded enough food to feed 1,200 people for one day. Each member of the winning team will receive free groceries for a year from General Mills. Aubrey and Mandi want the groceries for their families. Yep, they have families. The winning team will also be featured in a national campaign advertising Cheerios. The winning team also gets letters from home. Laura is going to sit out for the Black Team because they have more members than Blue.

*Black Team wins the challenge and gets free groceries for a year as well as letters from home. Mandi and Aubrey act like they are the only people in the world who need the groceries and sulk around and hug each other and cry because they lost.

*Mike decides to take his prize of free groceries and give it to Aubrey. He says he doesn't need the groceries because he's a college student and Aubrey does need them for her 5 kids. In case I haven't declared this 60 times already, I'm over Aubrey and her kids. Many people on the show have families and kids. Not just Aubrey. That was pretty cool of Mike though. Kudos, buddy. You know, I think I might have a little crush on Mikey. He's looking good and he's a genuinely good person. Ron looks so proud of his son that I think I see rainbows and sunbeams shooting out of his ass.

*Jillian is ticked that Laura sat out of the challenge and is tired of Laura always playing the “weak” character. Jillian tells Laura something is wrong because Jillian isn't yelling at Laura like she yells at everyone else. She asks Laura why she is always last and then Jillian asks Laura why Jillian hasn't yelled at her. Laura thinks it is because Jillian believes Laura can do it, but it's actually the opposite. Jillian feels like no matter how much she yells, Laura still won't care.

*Jillian tells Laura she is going to do the meanest thing she's ever done on the show. Jillian asks the Black Team to name the weakest link on their team. They all answer Laura, except for Tara who refuses to answer. Jillian tells Laura that she has the ability to work out like everyone else but she chooses not to, which is why everyone thinks she's the weakest link. Jillian tells Laura to wake up. Laura sobs and Jillian gives up. Laura leaves the gym. Tara defends Laura and Jillian yells at Tara. Laura says that what Jillian did to her was worse than someone calling her fat.

*After the little gym incident, Jillian and Laura talk. Laura feels like Jillian threw Laura and Tara “under the bus”. I'd like to throw Laura's crying, lazy ass under a bus.

*This week, contestants will be weighing in with each other, not against each other. If all 11 contestants together have lost a combined total of more than 77 lbs (that's an average of 1lb per day per person or an average of 7lbs per person), they will all be immune from elimination. If all 11 contestants together have lost 77 lbs or less, then one person from each team will be going home. Also, for every pound the contestants lose, The Biggest Loser will donate 100 lbs of food through Feeding America.

This week's results:

Helen: Last week 198/This week 193 (-5)
    Mandi: Last week 203/This week 195 (-8) (Total: -13)
    Sione: Last week 286/This week 283 (-3) (Total: -16)
    Aubrey: Last week 211/This week 203 (-8) (Total: -24)
    Laura: Last week 233/This week 226 (-7) (Total: -31)
    Ron: Last week 349/This week 343 (-6) (Total: -37)
    Tara: Last week 211/This week 200 (-11) (Total: -48)
    Kristin: Last week 279/This week 270 (-9) (Total: -57)
    Filipe: Last week 283/This week 275 (-8) (Total: -65)
    Kathy: Last week 249/This week 246 (-3) (Total: -68)
    Mike: Last week 297/This week ............

....... to be continued. What?!?! Naughty, naughty NBC!

*Next week, a team turns on their trainer (cue Filipe screaming at Jillian). Also, the fate of everyone lies in Mike's young hands. Well, maybe if everyone else would have pulled their weight (Ha!) this all wouldn't come down to young Mikey. I'm on the edge of my seat! Tune in next week for the stunning conclusion of the weigh-in!!
    Wake up and be awesome

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 3/3 Biggest Loser Recap: A Pound A Day Keeps Eliminations Away

Great recap--thought Jillian made an excellent point that Laura sat out even though the much older Helen participated as did Sione with his sprained ankle--he even did a lot of running on it. Talk about being voted the weakest link on her team!

Do they have to hit 77 pounds or MORE than 78 pounds? I was getting mixed messages there.
    Totally agree, no way (weigh ) is it all on Mikey.

I was convinced they were all going to escape being voted off when there were about 3 minutes to go and they were still weighing, since there wasn't time for even one elimination ceremony, much less two. Ya got me, NBC!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3373663;

Do they have to hit 77 pounds or MORE than 78 pounds? I was getting mixed messages there.
    Totally agree, no way (weigh ) is it all on Mikey.
    The way I interpreted what Alison said was that they have to lose more than 77 lbs. So pretty much they have to lose 78 lbs or more. At least that's how I heard it!
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3373755;
    The way I interpreted what Alison said was that they have to lose more than 77 lbs. So pretty much they have to lose 78 lbs or more. At least that's how I heard it!
    Yeah, that's what I heard too. It would be clearer if they just said it as you said it - x pounds or more, but I guess that's not as dramatic.

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

They do have to hit the 78 or over pounds... Mikey (because of everyone else's numbers) has to hit more than 10.

Great Re-cap... Jillian should have done even more to Laura ... tell her to not come to the gym unless she really wants to work...
    Wasting away another summer...

Quote Originally Posted by AZHotFlash;3376007;
    They do have to hit the 78 or over pounds... Mikey (because of everyone else's numbers) has to hit more than 10.

Great Re-cap... Jillian should have done even more to Laura ... tell her to not come to the gym unless she really wants to work...
    I think that Jillian handled Laura a lot better than Bob handled Joelle in the exact same situation.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread