+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3/3 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Re: 3/3 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Does anyone know how to get tickets to see the finale of the new season?

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    The food bank challenge, by the way, was finally an example of a challenge that was both meaningful in terms of reward and weight loss (they were sweatin' it!), but also meaningful in terms of actually accomplishing something. No mounds of wasted junk food, no 'Fear Factor' style water challenges--they actually performed a real-world task, and showed that even volunteering for charity can be a fat-burning activity. I think next they should work on a Habitat for Humanity house.
    !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal
    We thought it stupid though to give the contestants a YEAR SUPPLY OF FOOD- wasn't that pretty much what landed them there in the first place? My daughter thought GM should have given the food bank thier prizes instead. The letters from home were a good enough prize.
    YES! That bugged me so much.
    And it was SO ironic that Aubrey was going on and on about how the food bank was such a good thing when SHE needed it, and yet, she doesn't even think that Mike's free year of groceries could help out others with the same NEEDs she used to have?!?
    Instead, it's 'wah, wah, wah', I should have gotten the groceries because I have a wack of kids... So, Mike, who doesn't really need them either, gives it to her. When she was telling Mike her story, I was really hoping he'd say, "oh, I didn't know how much the food bank helped you... maybe I should donate the groceries there instead, and help out others who are REALLY struggling like you once did." Eh, no such luck.

I think maybe the producers were hoping that the contestants would donate that food, and I was disappointed none of them 'got it.' Obviously, the lesson didn't sink in at all with these folks. Obtuse, or self-centered in some ways I guess... not that there is anything REALLY wrong with holding onto a prize you won.... it's just really DISGUSTING to moan that you didn't win, when you don't need the prize like others do... then greedily grab the prize when offered from someone else. Gosh, I hate Aubrey.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 03-05-2009 at 12:11 PM.

I wonder how many days a week Bob and Jillian are actually at the ranch working with the teams. We only see them on the weigh in day doing the intensive final workout. Does anyone know?
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3367961;
    ...they actually performed a real-world task, and showed that even volunteering for charity can be a fat-burning activity. I think next they should work on a Habitat for Humanity house.
    I agree!! My employer gives us some time in the late-summer/early-fall to volunteer during a local effort in our community. Last year I spent a morning working at a Habitat for Humanity house where they needed to replace a retaining wall. OMGosh that was some serious effort: moving retaining blocks, shoveling pea gravel, etc. That was a serious workout!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3367961;
    As for having to wait until next week to see Mikey's result . . .ARRRRGH!!!
    ITA!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-06-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmom;3368522;
    Ron did not get that prize only the winning team and he is no longer on the same team as his son.

I thought it was really nice of Mike.
    well, you're right, but the point was that ron is a benefactor from mike's prize. a win for mike is a de facto win for ron because they both live in the real world house that would be receiving free groceries
    _(Moo!)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re the issue of giving food to people who got where they are due to food...what they should have been emphasizing was they were giving them HEALTHY food...fresh fruits and veggies, whole grain cereals and breads and pasta, stuff like that. I hope that's what Mike was going to get. Of course then he would have had more money to buy donuts and beer.
    And I agree, Ron would have profitted if only in that he didn't have to buy food for his big son. So I'm guessing the family is not living too near the edge.
    I think Ron might have even suggested this idea to Mikie, and certainly would have encouraged it if Mike suggested to him. It's BOTH a nice thing to do AND good game play--it doesn't have to be only one or the other. Win-win!
    That picture they keep showing of Ron with a baby son on the beach...he looks like a helium balloon--the kind you hang baskets under and fly off on... next to a normal balloon, the baby shaped toddler. Really rubs in how bad his weight has been for years.

FORT Fogey

The years supply of food is probably a bag containing Cheerios, rice, peanut butter and some canned goods every two months, not a big deal. Food banks do not supply fresh produce and meat. Why is everyone so serious about this? Mike won, gave his prize to a woman with 5 kids since his parents support him. Nice gesture and she will never write his name down.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ah, I didn't catch that it was a year's supply of food bank food....

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3373238;
    The years supply of food is probably a bag containing Cheerios, rice, peanut butter and some canned goods every two months, not a big deal. Food banks do not supply fresh produce and meat. Why is everyone so serious about this? Mike won, gave his prize to a woman with 5 kids since his parents support him. Nice gesture and she will never write his name down.
    They didn't really give details, but they did say that it was a year's supply of groceries from General Mills. My guess is that they will get coupons for various free General Mills products every month. These things would probably include whatever brands are owned by General Mills like Betty Crocker and Progresso.

I doubt it's a bag of food every 2 months from a food bank.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3365149;
    Wow Jillian went off on Laura and Laura walked out of the workout.
    What Jillian did wasn't even remotely mean. She made it clear all along that she was calling bull on Laura's self imposed "I'm weak" victim mindset. And made it clear that she, the person in a position to understand Laura's actual physical condition best, knew she wasn't weak.

A less flawed mind than Laura's would realize that these were strong compliments wrapped in the appearance of mild insults. Basically that Laura is BETTER than she herself believes, and better than what she makes others to believe via the attitude she projects.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3373653;
    They didn't really give details, but they did say that it was a year's supply of groceries from General Mills. My guess is that they will get coupons for various free General Mills products every month. These things would probably include whatever brands are owned by General Mills like Betty Crocker and Progresso.
    Which is a crying shame. Better to give these people fresh produce. General Mills products? That's probably putting all that lost weight right back on them.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast