+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 2/25 Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

How long does it take NBC to post this weeks episodes. I missed part 2 and it's almost Firiday and part 1 hasn't even been posted. This is annoying.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by nosilla;3349629;
    OK, I need a recap - I missed the show last night! AshleyPSU...where aaaaaaare youuuuuuuu....

If your work or schooling is getting in the way of your recap postings, we need to talk about your priorities young lady.

It will be up in a few minutes. You know I can't let my life come before my Biggest Loser writing duties.

hcw

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3349635;
    I've been wondering if this would come up.

No. They didn't run a marathon. They cheated. In fact, a friend of my hubby witnessed the cheating and reported it to race officials, who disqualified this guy after the fact. And the story the wife said did not match what other runners said.

According to people who were actually there, the Biggest Loser people picked them up in a van and DROVE them about seven miles, dropped them off somewhere before the finish and then filmed the happy "Mission Accomplished' finish line scene.

The wife is claiming they were driven "only" three miles, and that it was to make up time for filming at a water station, but that doesn't jibe what my hubby's friend saw (about seven miles), nor what the guy said about crossing the finish line and finishing a marathon with his wife.

Still. He did not run it. A half-marathon or a bit more, yes. Which is a big deal. But why lie? And the time he said he ran? That would be a 8:54 mile pace. The time read 5:53 hours when he stepped over the finish line, the announcer said 3:53. Message boards on NBC referring to Dane's finish and criticizing it have been removed.

There was no need for this! They could have told the truth and it would have had a real impact. Running a half-marathon or a bit more is a big deal. Attempting a marathon and taking a DNF (Did Not Finish) shows a brave and noble, if failed, attempt. That's drama. This was deceitful and pathetic.

Biggest Loser Liars: Did Dane Really Run A Marathon? | Reality TV Magazine

TV Barn: "The Biggest Loser" -- or is that "Biggest Liar"? -- fabricates account of contestant finishing marathon

I've done a couple of marathons and half-marathons myself and I was shocked when a big guy like that turned in a sub-four time. That is an excellent time for a novice, particularlly one carrying a little extra body weight. I don't care if they took the bus one mile, one block or one inch. It is 26.2 on foot. Less than that is cheating, fair and plain. Runners have no problem with someone peeing on the course, sweating like a racehorse, cussing like a sailor, or many other horrible bodily functions; after all we have men wearing nipple guards (yes the runner's magazines have ads for them). We don't mind is someone has a DNF or needs to walk to the end of a course or even the whole race. But let someone claim to finish when they didn't...that is it. It is unforgivable to all those who made every step of the journey and won the right to wear the ribbon. And it all comes down to, Why lie? What is to gain for the show and Dane and is wife looking less than honest? :nono

NBC issued its statement tonight .. link to site where info came: TV Barn: "The Biggest Loser" -- or is that "Biggest Liar"? -- fabricates account of contestant finishing marathon:

In the final segment of last night's episode of "The Biggest Loser," which updated viewers on the status of an eliminated contestant, the former contestant was shown running a marathon in his home state of Arizona. NBC today learned that the contestant did not,in fact, run the entire marathon as depicted in the segment. Because the segment as aired was contrary to NBC policy, we are working with the program producers to determine how this occurred, and to ensure that corrective action is taken.
    Last edited by Allie; 02-27-2009 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3348367;
    He looks good, and he ran a marathon with his wife.
    Well... at least he WISHES he had.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I am training for my first mini-marathon. I plan to walk and jog it as I have never been a runner. It is hard... not just physically but mentally too. I didn't get to watch Wednesday night's show but when I read that Dane ran a marathon I thought to myself, "Wow.. he must have lost a lot of weight." I just looked on nbc and it doesn't look like he lost enough to run a marathon. I'm not overweight ANYMORE and I have a hard time training for a mini... he is still overweight and ran a marathon. Now I see he didn't. I agree with everyone.. why lie?

I also agree with a couple of you posters... Ron is playing the game and has been from day one IMO. I know BL is a game but the ultimate game isn't the money it's your life. It's not beating someone else.. it's beating death. It's about living your life to the fullest. It's about making changes in your life physically, mentally, and yes.. spiritually. I know Ron wants his son there as long as possible but is it truly for his health or for the money? Or both? Only he knows. I am not going to judge but I do see him as a game player that is under everyone's radar.

What a liar.! And why? Plus I am sick of reading that because they are of the LDS they are honest people. well this proves they aren't.

I posted in last week's thread how annoyed I was by water loaders and someone asked me if I would not do the same thing with the money involved?

Well I can tell you no. I live from a minimum. income of 50 euros a week and last week I was in a shop and the guy made a mistake and gave me back 55 euros back instead of the 5 euros. I could have used that money but I told him about the mistake.
    I just hate liars and people that are not honest. not that I am such a goodie shoe,I am sure I do stupid stuff.

About the show. I was shocked that they let Dane go. I did not really care but i agree it wasn't the smartest move.

Next week yet again one of the crying sisters will get a gift because they always play the victim. They are so sad cause they have kids and that is much harder. sigh. . .

Oh and I think Jillian is angry at the partner of Tara not Tara herself and go's too far next week?

Quote Originally Posted by hcw;3351193;
    I don't care if they took the bus one mile, one block or one inch. It is 26.2 on foot. Less than that is cheating, fair and plain. Runners have no problem with someone peeing on the course, sweating like a racehorse, cussing like a sailor, or many other horrible bodily functions; after all we have men wearing nipple guards (yes the runner's magazines have ads for them). We don't mind is someone has a DNF or needs to walk to the end of a course or even the whole race. But let someone claim to finish when they didn't...that is it. It is unforgivable to all those who made every step of the journey and won the right to wear the ribbon.
    hear, hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3351604;
    In the final segment of last night's episode of "The Biggest Loser," which updated viewers on the status of an eliminated contestant, the former contestant was shown running a marathon in his home state of Arizona. NBC today learned that the contestant did not,in fact, run the entire marathon as depicted in the segment. Because the segment as aired was contrary to NBC policy, we are working with the program producers to determine how this occurred, and to ensure that corrective action is taken.
    er... what part of having their film crew document it made this something that they didn't learn until later? i guess some low-level producer is in trouble today!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;3351872;
    What a liar.! And why? Plus I am sick of reading that because they are of the LDS they are honest people. well this proves they aren't.
    be careful about passing judgment on an entire church based on the actions of two of its members. i have my own opinions about LDS, but i remain hopeful that most strive to be honest people

and good luck mandmmom2!!
    _(Moo!)

Thank you mamaamyg...

What is LDS? I probably know but not ringing a bell right now

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3352170;

What is LDS? I probably know but not ringing a bell right now
    Latter-Day Saints (Mormon)
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread