+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 2/25 Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

OK, I need a recap - I missed the show last night! AshleyPSU...where aaaaaaare youuuuuuuu....

If your work or schooling is getting in the way of your recap postings, we need to talk about your priorities young lady.
    Last edited by nosilla; 02-26-2009 at 12:08 PM.

FORT Fan

IMHO Ron is a manipulator and the ultimate game player. He's not so obvious and in-your-face as Vicky was last season, but I believe he's just as much into the game play as she was. It's a brilliant strategy, really. Appeal to their sympathies, gain their trust and they never see what's coming. I believe this move by the Blue team will come back to haunt them, but my favorites are all on Black now, so I guess it doesn't matter much to me if Blue implodes.

What I don't get is why Kristen and Cathy didn't get with Ron and convince him to get rid of one of the sisters instead. At least then, they'd still have Dane around to help keep them from losing the next weigh-in.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3348367;
    He looks good, and he ran a marathon with his wife.
    I've been wondering if this would come up.

No. They didn't run a marathon. They cheated. In fact, a friend of my hubby witnessed the cheating and reported it to race officials, who disqualified this guy after the fact. And the story the wife said did not match what other runners said.

According to people who were actually there, the Biggest Loser people picked them up in a van and DROVE them about seven miles, dropped them off somewhere before the finish and then filmed the happy "Mission Accomplished' finish line scene.

The wife is claiming they were driven "only" three miles, and that it was to make up time for filming at a water station, but that doesn't jibe what my hubby's friend saw (about seven miles), nor what the guy said about crossing the finish line and finishing a marathon with his wife.

Still. He did not run it. A half-marathon or a bit more, yes. Which is a big deal. But why lie? And the time he said he ran? That would be a 8:54 mile pace. The time read 5:53 hours when he stepped over the finish line, the announcer said 3:53. Message boards on NBC referring to Dane's finish and criticizing it have been removed.

There was no need for this! They could have told the truth and it would have had a real impact. Running a half-marathon or a bit more is a big deal. Attempting a marathon and taking a DNF (Did Not Finish) shows a brave and noble, if failed, attempt. That's drama. This was deceitful and pathetic.

Biggest Loser Liars: Did Dane Really Run A Marathon? | Reality TV Magazine

TV Barn: "The Biggest Loser" -- or is that "Biggest Liar"? -- fabricates account of contestant finishing marathon

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3349635;
    I've been wondering if this would come up.

No. They didn't run a marathon. They cheated. In fact, a friend of my hubby witnessed the cheating and reported it to race officials, who disqualified this guy after the fact. And the story the wife said did not match what other runners said.

According to people who were actually there, the Biggest Loser people picked them up in a van and DROVE them about seven miles, dropped them off somewhere before the finish and then filmed the happy "Mission Accomplished' finish line scene.

The wife is claiming they were driven "only" three miles, and that it was to make up time for filming at a water station, but that doesn't jibe what my hubby's friend saw (about seven miles), nor what the guy said about crossing the finish line and finishing a marathon with his wife.

Still. He did not run it. A half-marathon or a bit more, yes. Which is a big deal. But why lie? And the time he said he ran? That would be a 8:54 mile pace. The time read 5:53 hours when he stepped over the finish line, the announcer said 3:53. Message boards on NBC referring to Dane's finish and criticizing it have been removed.

There was no need for this! They could have told the truth and it would have had a real impact. Running a half-marathon or a bit more is a big deal. Attempting a marathon and taking a DNF (Did Not Finish) shows a brave and noble, if failed, attempt. That's drama. This was deceitful and pathetic.

Biggest Loser Liars: Did Dane Really Run A Marathon? | Reality TV Magazine

TV Barn: "The Biggest Loser" -- or is that "Biggest Liar"? -- fabricates account of contestant finishing marathon
    Wow-- I am so glad you brought this up. My husband runs road races and when I told him the time he gave me a funny look and said oh--did he lose all the weight (implying that to run this time he would need to be near or close to tip-top shape). I found that very interesting especially because Dane is still rather large.

Why lie? And why train for something and not really run the whole race? That is the point of doing a half or marathon, you COMPLETE the whole thing, no one really cares that much about the time unless you are going for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Thanks for sharing, I know this will answer some of my hubby's questions!

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;3349633;
    IMHO Ron is a manipulator and the ultimate game player. He's not so obvious and in-your-face as Vicky was last season, but I believe he's just as much into the game play as she was. It's a brilliant strategy, really. Appeal to their sympathies, gain their trust and they never see what's coming. I believe this move by the Blue team will come back to haunt them, but my favorites are all on Black now, so I guess it doesn't matter much to me if Blue implodes.

What I don't get is why Kristen and Cathy didn't get with Ron and convince him to get rid of one of the sisters instead. At least then, they'd still have Dane around to help keep them from losing the next weigh-in.
    ITA- I said this last night! Ron is the ultimate game player for his son and this could get his boy into the finals. He has Kristin and Cathy right where he wants them, from now on when Blue goes up for elimination they will take out the other sisters and then it will be three. Of course, Ron will be next but he will have already managed to get rid of several threats in the house while remaining and basically contributing nothing to the team effort! Meanwhile, over on Black, Laura will go first (then Tara) and then Mike, Filipe, Sione and Helen will be the last ones standing. When they finally merge again the new black team will be so close they may get rid of both Cathy and Kristin as they are larger threats. And then, good game Ron!, because your son is up for a F4 position.
    And after watching the way Ron spoke to his teammates last night I lost a lot of respect for him. I don't know if this is true and I am just speculating but maybe the way Ron looks now is a bit of Karma-he certainly did not seem like a very nice guy last night.

And no matter what Blob says, it will be Jillian who ultimately gets these people to the end.. we all know Bob's track record, he is just making excuses now and throwing in those little snide remarks because he knows he cant train a winner-so why not claim his former team members? Hell, in Bob's world he trained everybody--someone get this man a cookie, or power bar.
    Last edited by mindy384; 02-26-2009 at 02:16 PM.

FORT Fogey

I agree Mindy384.

Bob is going to be furious with his new stupid team. He is going to flip out. The one person he was probably thrilled to have on his side was Dane! And who remains? RON! Next week is going to be a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3349635;
    thank you for bringing this up! i was wondering - i'm training for a marathon right now and hope to break the 4 hour mark, and it's HARD. you've got to average close to 7mph for the entire time. for him to do that weighing as much as he still does? it seemed incredible

we also weren't sure what we were seeing as his finish time. i saw 3:53 on the clock and commented on it, my husband said no, that's not right it said 5:53, and i said oh ok. my brother "ran" a marathon in about that time (he got injured around mile 16 and had to walk the last 10 miles)

then their summary said 3:53 and we were impressed again

training for a marathon myself, i'm kinda irritated that they would fake something like this. it's so difficult and so emotional. grr.

ETA: i just watched the video of his "where are they now" via the second article you posted, and i'm still not clear on what the clock at the marathon finish was actually showing. the part of the digital number that would make it a 5 or a 3 isn't visible to me.. i could see it being either.
    Last edited by MamaAmyG; 02-26-2009 at 02:51 PM.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3349941;
    thank you for bringing this up! i was wondering - i'm training for a marathon right now and hope to break the 4 hour mark, and it's HARD. you've got to average close to 7mph for the entire time. for him to do that weighing as much as he still does? it seemed incredible

we also weren't sure what we were seeing as his finish time. i saw 3:53 on the clock and commented on it, my husband said no, that's not right it said 5:53, and i said oh ok. my brother "ran" a marathon in about that time (he got injured around mile 16 and had to walk the last 10 miles)

then their summary said 3:53 and we were impressed again

training for a marathon myself, i'm kinda irritated that they would fake something like this. it's so difficult and so emotional. grr.

ETA: i just watched the video of his "where are they now" via the second article you posted, and i'm still not clear on what the clock at the marathon finish was actually showing. the part of the digital number that would make it a 5 or a 3 isn't visible to me.. i could see it being either.

A four-hour marathon you need to keep a 9:09 minute pace. Four hours is a GREAT time and something my hubby (who has run three marathons) hasn't been able to do yet.

It was definitely a 5. My hubby's friend finished a bit ahead of Dale. She was there. . Before his results were stricken from the record it said that time.

My hubby's friend confronted him and a camera man. She passed him ... twice. He never passed her. She confronted him and he said that maybe she didn't see him pass her. It is a small race on an out-and-back course. She would have seen him. He lied to her. When she talked to the camera man, he asked her why she cared.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3349990;
    It was definitely a 5. My hubby's friend finished a bit ahead of Dale. She was there. . Before his results were stricken from the record it said that time.
    aw man, i gotta tell my husband he was right?? thanks a lot

congrats to your husband on finishing his marathons! my first is on may 17 - i never thought i would run so much, but i'm nearing 40 miles each week! it's not bad at all, really

the blatant lie really disappoints me from a usually inspiring show
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3350049;
    aw man, i gotta tell my husband he was right?? thanks a lot

congrats to your husband on finishing his marathons! my first is on may 17 - i never thought i would run so much, but i'm nearing 40 miles each week! it's not bad at all, really

the blatant lie really disappoints me from a usually inspiring show
    You can do it! Just listen to your body and don't over-train. You at the perfect point training-wise.

Sad that NBC had to run the video. (I just watched it. Ran every step of the way? And finishes the marathon as fresh as a daisy). It takes away from the other hard workers on the show.

+ Reply to Thread