Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: 2/3 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

CCL

Re: 2/3 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

^ Ditto. Now at least they can focus on some of the more "worthier" characters.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by diluvlabs;3313788;
    Yeah...something was not right there. To not lose any weight at all??? As big as Joelle is? Like you said, even restricting some calories should account for some loss!
    We have started a biggest loser weight challenge at the school where I teach, and for the first week I lost 3 pounds, and that was just by eating healthier and doing some light workouts on the treadmill...and I am nowhere near the weight of Joelle!
    She really seemed okay with going home...
    Congrats on a good start with your BL challenge. We have done that in the past at my workplace (have a round ongoing right now, actually), but I opted not to participate, since I seem to do better without 'pressure'. I didn't lose any last time, but I have been successful on Weight Watchers in the past, so I'm trying to get back on track again. Right now I am so hungry and headachy, I can hardly type . . . this is the way I need to feel in the beginning because it doesn't seem to work otherwise. I have learned that if I don't feel hungry, nothing is getting burned off. So I persevere!

Back to our contestants--Joelle either waterloaded or stuffed herself with candy. Flying home to cast a vote might stall her weight loss that week, but she certainly should have lost more than she did during the cumulative stay at the ranch, given her size. I'm very impressed with Carla for having gritted it out and lost all that weight on her own. Those two ladies struck me as having massive personal, familial and cultural challenges to continuted weight loss success or maintenance. Glad they are proving me wrong--I may not watch any more of the show, but I will tune into the finale just to see how J. and C. look now.

I think what gets lost in the hypercompetitve atmosphere of this show is just how worthy of celebration ANY weight loss/healthy changes are. Even Joelle has lost nearly 60 pounds. That might normally take a year or more on a normal diet plan, and she would be the toast of Weight Watchers wherever she went. I guess the ranch was way too rigorous for her, even though she wanted to be on the show so badly. What matters, overall, is not who wins the money--but who can make these lifestyle changes stick, no matter how long it takes. It really is a 'for life' program, not a quick fix. So in the end, the ones who lose the most slowly, like Joelle, might keep their weight off for life, because they've adapted their diet and workouts to a level they can actually do and maintain. Most of our 'big losers' of previous seasons gained a lot of weight back--did I read Ed was up 100 pounds already?

To me that's more sad than the departure of Joelle and C. They are both strong-minded women; they will be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3314339;
    -did I read Ed was up 100 pounds already?
    Eric has gained back 100 of the over 200 that he had lost, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3314339;
    Most of our 'big losers' of previous seasons gained a lot of weight back--did I read Ed was up 100 pounds already?
    Don't know about Ed, was he the doctor? Anyway check out the TV Guide they had an article about it and photos. All of the people in the article have regained some of their weight but the worst one in my opinion was Ryan, the season 1 winner. He started the show at 330lb, dropped 120lbs and gained back enough that he now weights 300lbs. Owwwww!
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Closed Thread