Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2/3 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 2/3 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I normally do not watch the entire show, I just tune in for the weight in, but I actually watched the last hour. Boy, it was painful to see. I don't think anyone hugged or wished Joelle luck or love after the elimination. Speaks volumes of the relationships she didn't make and the impression she left behind. I simply could not believe that she thought she worked hard that week. I am also very, very surprised that she lost any more weight after she left the ranch. I would not have been at all surprised if she had gained it all back. I also cannot believe she refused to discus what happened with Carla. BTW Carla was looking good, best of luck to her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Honestly, how long had Carla and Joelle been friends? Carla should have known that Joelle was the type not to put the work in. Maybe Carla didn't have anyone else that would go on the show. I'm not that big a fan of Carla anyhow; I didn't really like how she treated Joelle (yes, Joelle wasn't a prize, but I didn't like the way Carla kept yelling at her & how she wouldn't let the argument ever end, but just kept beating on). Either way, they are better off without each other.

I thought it was a bit rich for Aubrey to go off on Joelle for not working hard enough when she only lost 2 pounds in the 30 days she was at home.

Did they show a preview at the end of the episode?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Just read through the thread and am not surprised at all that pretty much everyone is on the same page concerning Joelle.

She just really needs to own up to the fact that she didn't put in her best effort and apologize. I think that was all Carla would have needed.

I AM surprised that though the general annoyance that is named Mandy was mentioned... no one has slammed that AWFUL Aubrey yet. Of all the contestants, she was the one laying in the hardest on Joelle... and the one in the least earned position to do so. First, she's only been back at the ranch for one week so she hasn't witnessed the struggle the team has had with Joelle first hand and second, she ONLY lost 2 lbs at home on her own! Not only that, but she had plenty of excuses. I can't STAND her. She makes Tara look meek.

ETA: I just noticed CCL just made a similar point about Aubrey

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3303143;
    Just read through the thread and am not surprised at all that pretty much everyone is on the same page concerning Joelle.

She just really needs to own up to the fact that she didn't put in her best effort and apologize. I think that was all Carla would have needed.

I AM surprised that though the general annoyance that is named Mandy was mentioned... no one has slammed that AWFUL Aubrey yet. Of all the contestants, she was the one laying in the hardest on Joelle... and the one in the least earned position to do so. First, she's only been back at the ranch for one week so she hasn't witnessed the struggle the team has had with Joelle first hand and second, she ONLY lost 2 lbs at home on her own! Not only that, but she had plenty of excuses. I can't STAND her. She makes Tara look meek.

ETA: I just noticed CCL just made a similar point about Aubrey
    i didn't mention her name, but i did say whoever lost the 2 pounds was pathetic or something because truly it is.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Yep, actually I did notice that ... it was just the sanctimonious crap with Joelle that really got me going on her. Ugh!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3303156;
    Yep, actually I did notice that ... it was just the sanctimonious crap with Joelle that really got me going on her. Ugh!
    yeah it would have been better coming from a harder worker...but i am just laughing at it being said at all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3303107;
    I actually hope Dan and Carla tie and win the 100 k between them, they were both at a disadvantage with sucky partners. IMO.
    That would be sweet!

It would be very interesting if Carla showed up on the next edition of TBL... seriously...she is big enough that they could ask her back and they know they would get a success story out of it because she has proven how hard she is willing to work.
    Not to mention how amazing she would look... I do not care what anyone says, black women can tone up (i mena CUT) like no others--she would be drop dead gorgeous!

Premium Member

I hope Carla can lose the weight without having to do another TBL, especially if it means having a partner, with her luck she'll get another crap partner.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3303048;
    MOG the yellow team wrote joelle's name so big. so friggin awesome! and now they are calling her out on her BS i so love it!
    While I agree that they were right in eliminating Joelle and Carla, I happened to think that the fact that those 2 teams that wrote Joelle's name really big was pretty mean and hateful and downright despicable. She's still a human being with feelings and I think that was just wrong, regardless of her behavior, which I agree was exasperating. I'm not surprised that Joelle and Carla are no longer friends but I was surprised that Carla was so forgiving. She seems to be doing OK on her own and I wish both of them the best for the finale (but not the $100K for Joelle! I don't think she'll do that we anyway and I hope Carla makes it).

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3303059;
    Okay... I hereby suggest that the next season go back to being singles... and that they allow Carla to come back.
    I'll second that!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3303066;
    Wow. I thought it was really sad how isolated Joelle was at the end, but it was certainly no ones fault but her own. I wish Carla had been the one to stay at the ranch because she would have used her time there much more wisely than Joelle did.
    I agree that it's her fault but that's no excuse to treat someone poorly or gang up on them. I just really think that's wrong and it made me sick to see everybody gush over Carla and just ignore Joelle. No wonder she was angry in the end and I can understand her being angry at Carla a little bit because Carla totally threw her under the bus multiple times. I do think Joelle should have forgiven Carla though.
    Last edited by stacerace; 02-04-2009 at 12:51 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Closed Thread