+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid Promo Monkeys...

Stupid Promo Monkeys...

Two weeks in a row the promos appear to be outright showing what's going to happen in the end.

What's up with the promo monkeys this year? Do they expect us to watch if they do this?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: Stupid Promo Monkeys...

NBC isn't all that great when it comes to their previews. For Deal or No Deal, a person just won the very first million dollar prize about a few months ago. So what does NBC do? Air previews that state, "Someone wins the million dollars! Seriously, someone wins the million dollars!" I watched the episode, and it wasn't even exciting to watch like it normally would have been.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I missed the promo and I hope I miss them in the future! I see that Dan/Dave and the brown team were in the bottom last week and it annoyed me.

I think it's annoying that they are basically telling us the F2 every time but it's not the promo people's fault. I'm sure it's the decision of the producers. Of course I have to say that because that's what my cousin does for a living. Putting together promos I mean. I know she's done several of the promos for Ugly Betty. She must make pretty good money at it too because she has this really great old fixer upper that she and her wife/partner (I never know the terminology with lesbians!) have renovated in the Hollywood Hills. I forget which old Hollywood star she said used to live there...
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

So the promo monkeys tell us "the whole team turns on their trainer". Are they fibbing? Exaggerating? Or do they just mean "the ex-Bobettes", who've shown an attitude problem since the moment the twist changed the teams around, "turn on their trainer" (aka Jillian).

Or is this supposed to be b.s. blowback from the "meanest thing ever" stuff towards Laura--which any intelligent analysis reveals wasn't mean at all? Except on Reality TV.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I was really upset when they showed a bar, drinks and then members of the black team before the reward challenge was even done. They ruined it for me, obviously they won because they weren't in their shirts and they were shown outside of the campus. Argh!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread