+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jillian Michaels - trainer

Jillian Michaels - trainer

I went through several pages trying to find a thread dedicated solely to Jillian and her training methods. (not her new Wii fit thread) Couldn't find it, so.....

What I want to know: Is there anyway to download or subscribe to a Podcast or CD of just Jillian screaming or talking or encouraging or otherwise "motivating" so while we're on the treadmill or elliptical we don't keep wanting to quit from tiredness, boredom, irritation, etc.? Anyone know of anything like that?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Re: Jillian Michaels - trainer

Try this:

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...est-loser.html

she also has her own webiste
    Jillianmichaels dot com
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Thanks babymay, I will search her website.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Kao

I'm convinced that she is the devil, lol. Last night made me laugh so hard!

Dan: Ugh, I think I'm about to throw up!

Jillian: Gimmee 5 more minutes.

Dan: *throws up*

Jillian: That's right..get it all out...5 more minutes!

Dan: Ow...I fell!

Jillian: That's okay, get right back up again. 4 more minutes!

*runrunrun, shoe pops off*

Dan: Mah shoe!

Jillian: You better hop, then. 2 more minutes!

LOLOL

FORT Newbie

Did anyone else notice that Jillian's lips look like they got bigger? Anybody know if she had injections?

Quote Originally Posted by ghoundgirl;3334005;
    Did anyone else notice that Jillian's lips look like they got bigger? Anybody know if she had injections?
    She talks so much, maybe she's getting lip muscles?
    I wish she would tailor her method to the client. I know this is just a show, but she would get fired so quickly!
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3340983;
    She talks so much, maybe she's getting lip muscles?
    I wish she would tailor her method to the client. I know this is just a show, but she would get fired so quickly!
    I don't necessarily think she would get fired. I have worked with personal trainers before and most of them are like this--some worse!

I think they portray Bob as the Zen guy for the drama and to present two distinct trainers (personalities, if you will) on the show... but he still pushes his contestants hard too... he just comes off as the sweeter of the two. And I am here to tell you that sweet, accommodating and passive does NOT get results in the gym. You hire a trainer to kick your butt because you cant push that hard (or believe you cant) or far alone. I know I thought my last trainer was gonna KILL me but he made me run faster than I thought I could... and he pushed me beyond what I thought I could physically do. He had this very quiet 'scary-ness' about him... and yet he was a popular trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3345467;
    I don't necessarily think she would get fired. I have worked with personal trainers before and most of them are like this--some worse!

I think they portray Bob as the Zen guy for the drama and to present two distinct trainers (personalities, if you will) on the show... but he still pushes his contestants hard too... he just comes off as the sweeter of the two. And I am here to tell you that sweet, accommodating and passive does NOT get results in the gym. You hire a trainer to kick your butt because you cant push that hard (or believe you cant) or far alone. I know I thought my last trainer was gonna KILL me but he made me run faster than I thought I could... and he pushed me beyond what I thought I could physically do. He had this very quiet 'scary-ness' about him... and yet he was a popular trainer.
    Bob is sweet?! I really don't like Bob AT ALL and would never use the word sweet to describe him. I might use the word JACKASS to describe him I wouldn't use the word sweet to describe Jillian either but I totally ADORE her.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Well, he comes off as the nicer, more zen-like trainer... whereas Jillian comes off as the harder one.

And, dont think that I am a Bob supporter--no way! Team Jillian!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3347360;
    Well, he comes off as the nicer, more zen-like trainer... whereas Jillian comes off as the harder one.

And, dont think that I am a Bob supporter--no way! Team Jillian!
    I'd say that used to be true of Bob, say in the first 2-3 seasons of this show. Either they used to really exploit the dichotomy of the trainers, personality-wise, or else the whole "Zen" thing is a put-on, strictly for dramatic purposes.

In the last oh, say, three seasons, I have increasingly found reasons to think that Bob was pulling our leg with all this 'sweet, compassionate' crap. I think what we are seeing now is the true Bob colors, including all this weenie weeping for dramatic effect.

Personally, I think the trainer who has displayed herself to be compassionate in reality, not just in PR, is Jillian. Yes, she does a hard-ass workout--her vocation is on the line to get these people, who to a man or a woman have let lazy, self-destructive habits take over their lives, to perform to their top level. But when Jill does on-on-ones with her team members, you can see that she really cares about their insides, too. I attribute this to having been a fat girl when she was younger--she's been in their shoes--and also to having a mom who is a professional therapist and probably encouraged a compassionate outlook on others. For Jill, I think she is truly in a 'helping' profession.

With Bob I get the feeling that it's more about image, and he has adopted a win-at-all-costs mentality of late that does not show him in a flattering light. I think, for all his posturing about Zen calm, Bob doesn't really practice what he preaches and of the two trainers is the more superficial individual.

In the beginning of this show, I always thought I'd prefer Bob for my trainer. No more. Jillian puts her money where her mouth is and gets the results. Bob is, pardon the pun, a drama queen. I have lost respect for him through his dumping on psychotherapy, all of his plotting with his teams and even the screaming fits at Joelle. All of these--uncalled for. Bob seems to have, at bottom, a maturity problem. He does not ring my bell anymore, unh-unh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast