+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jillian Michaels - trainer

Premium Member

Re: Jillian Michaels - trainer

I just bought it today, Mikesgal. It's called Master Your Metabolism. I was sold when I heard her interview where she said this is the meal plan she used on the show to produce the last 3 female winners.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3450502;
    I just bought it today, Mikesgal. It's called Master Your Metabolism. I was sold when I heard her interview where she said this is the meal plan she used on the show to produce the last 3 female winners.
    Great! Thank you

I just bought it today too. I've never watched the show but use(not as regularly as I should) one of her workout DVDs. I can say without a doubt it is THE toughest workout I've ever had. Jillian kicks ass!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

When you read her book...beware. You will have to make a lot of changes in your household.. and if you are not living alone.. the others in your house (besides your kids of course) need to agree upon the changes. Everyone needs to be on board with it. I'm still reading the book.. but what I've read so far.. wow. Now I know why she has produced all the winners....

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

we made the changes in our household - but we have only two of us - it pained my partner to have to give up some of her stuff, but after she read the book, it was much easier for her.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3451694;
    we made the changes in our household - but we have only two of us - it pained my partner to have to give up some of her stuff, but after she read the book, it was much easier for her.
    What kind of changes and giving up of things do you mean? (if you don't mind sharing)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

?

No processed foods at all is a big one. I'm at work and don't have the book with me. I'll try to get online tonight and let you know what all you'd have to give up.

processed foods, using plastic to cook in (I used to buy the veggies in a bag and steam them...jillian says that is a no-no).
    She is also big on organic foods...she pretty much says if you can afford them you need to buy everything organic (especially berries and tomatoes, which she says are super pesticide ridden)
    Also, there are good sections on taking too many man-made medications which disturb our natural systems...like putting artificial hormones in your body (birth control) or using pesticides to treat common problems (like lice). Youll probably need the book to get the entire picture here but I totally agree (I saw a huge difference when I was on/off birth control).

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hmmm well, you see an even huger difference if you get pregnant! Maybe not an issue for her? I know way too many condom babies, including one of my own.

+ Reply to Thread