+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jillian Michaels - trainer

Re: Jillian Michaels - trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3425588;
    If she is fat I must be a heifer!!!!

Good for her BF to take matters into his own hands. I didn't realize she had a BF....
    LOL same here!! Hey, have you ever heard her radio show? I don't live in Los Angeles, so I can't listen to it when it airs, but they post the shows so you can access them any time! It is aaaaawesome. She's good on the radio!

KFI AM 640 More Stimulating Talk Radio

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3416196;
    Whenever we've seen J dressed in high heels and a dress she looks miserable and clumsy (pretty much only in early episode finales)...think the outfits on that show would make it a disaster for her.
    Jill has grown on me over the last several seasons, but you are so right about her only seeming comfortable in training gear. I think she has a tender heart under the crusty facade. Taken individually, Jill has some stunning attributes (great hair, great eyes, great smile, killer abs), and yet . . .somehow the entire picture is not entirely comfortable. Jill seems really edgy all the time and awkward with herself as a feminine person. Do you ever notice how she stands during the weigh-ins? Her entire body posture screams 'not comfortable/nervous wreck!' The finales are even more torturous for her. Granted, a muscular frame can be as challenging to dress in girly styles as a hefty one. Obviously the BL stylist is of no help, seeing what (s)he does to poor Allison Sweeney.

Jill's a big star now--she should consult with Stacy and Clinton from WNTW and develop herself a style that transcends gym wear and jeans. Maybe Jill will never feel like herself in evening gowns, but I'd like to see her in maybe a nice blouse and a pair of trousers that don't look like she took them from Bob's closet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nosilla;3425529;
    Did anyone see the video of Jillian on TMZ.com? She was in Hollywood signing autographs and chatting with fans and some drunk guy down the street was screaming "You're FAT!" at her. Jillian's just sitting there laughing but her boyfriend went over and almost got into a fight with the guy so she had to go get him and drag him off. It was quite entertaining!
    How silly of her boyfriend to react to a drunk saying something totally ridiculous. He must be a hot tempered jerk.

Jill's a big star now--she should consult with Stacy and Clinton from WNTW and develop herself a style that transcends gym wear and jeans. Maybe Jill will never feel like herself in evening gowns, but I'd like to see her in maybe a nice blouse and a pair of trousers that don't look like she took them from Bob's closet.[/QUOTE]

ITA! She has a killer body but doesn't know how to dress it. WNTW would do wonders for her.. and she'd feel more comfortable with herself dressed up more after they got a hold of her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3427728;
    Jill's a big star now--she should consult with Stacy and Clinton from WNTW and develop herself a style that transcends gym wear and jeans. Maybe Jill will never feel like herself in evening gowns, but I'd like to see her in maybe a nice blouse and a pair of trousers that don't look like she took them from Bob's closet.
    I think Jill's got a great body and she is short about 5'3". I think getting Stacey and Clinton to do her would be a great idea. Some of the outfits she has been in during the finale were not flattering. Great classic pants, pencil shirts and some nice blouses would look great on her. Nothing too frilly though.

You know I just had a thought, it would be great durng the next makeover episode that Tim Gunn would put together an outfit for Bob and Jill.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, I see there are many other WNTW fans here! I think it'd be awesome to do a cross-over thing between BL and WNTW. Different networks, but hey, Tim Gunn's on Bravo so they could work something out. TG has a great eye for color and such, but he spends so much time around size-perfect models; S. & C. have more experience dressing 'real' bodies. WNTW should do an episode where Bob and Jill both get non-gym wardrobe looks--Stacy could work with Jill and Clinton with Bob (and who knows, a romance just might bloom there, eh?) I am curious to see how good our gym rats could look with a little guidance. I remember an episode on WNTW where they made over an Olympic judo athlete. She was much larger and bulkier than Jill. Jill is very petite, actually, and I think they could do wonders for her. Then, S. & C. could appear on BL for a segment and advise the contestants on the best pieces to invest in during weight loss and how to fit their new bodies. I think it'd be awesome. Plus, I feel sorry for Clinton sometimes because he gets so few men to dress on his own show. I would really like to see BL embrace a bit more of the 'total life makeover' aspect of massive weight loss, rather than just counting calories and reps. There are personal style issues, psychological issues (which were addressed once, but never again), and etc. The makeover show is nice, but it doesn't go far enough. Maybe a consolation prize could be an appearance on WNTW to get a new wardrobe to go with their new bodies.

I have to be the voice of dissension here. I like Jillian as is. I think her clothes suit her and I confess I've been coveting that leather jacket she wears to the weigh-ins. Her body language and manner are both athletic and tomboyish - not stylish, yet she has a style of her own.

BTW, I watched TMZ and the guy was identified as a "friend", not boyfriend. I was under the distinct impression that Jillian was into girls, not guys. I googled a bit and didn't find anything definite saying she was, but there's also nothing definite saying that she's straight.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Her Myspace page says Orientation = Straight

I never "saw" her as anything but straight.. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3429100;
    I have to be the voice of dissension here. I like Jillian as is. I think her clothes suit her and I confess I've been coveting that leather jacket she wears to the weigh-ins. Her body language and manner are both athletic and tomboyish - not stylish, yet she has a style of her own.

BTW, I watched TMZ and the guy was identified as a "friend", not boyfriend. I was under the distinct impression that Jillian was into girls, not guys. I googled a bit and didn't find anything definite saying she was, but there's also nothing definite saying that she's straight.
    Given her line of work, Jill's athletic style IS suitable--most of the time. I wasn't suggesting she wear makeup and heels to the gym. I would like to see her styled in other looks (for Jill, more business-casual than glam, probably), just to represent other facets of her life. She's a high-profile celeb now--maybe for other television appearances, book tours, promotional interviews or presentations, she'd like to get out of her gym clothes. She may be a tomboy at heart and that's fine--she's also a woman, and perhaps she'd like to explore that side of herself once in a while. I feel like on the show, she projects this real tough-girl demeanor--that's her role, I get it--but in an atmosphere where she's always competing with a man, her softer side doesn't get a chance to come out. Clinton and Stacy love to do 'edgy'--they wouldn't put her in anything they didn't think she could rock hardcore. The leather jacket is nice--maybe they could teach her how to pair it with some feminine things for that rocker chick vibe.

In any case, she definitely needs an out-of-gymwear look for the finales where she can be both comfortable and hot.

+ Reply to Thread