Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 1/20 Show Discussion Thread

Re: 1/20 Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;3287312;
    Thanks for your posts crossingguard. I am also agreeing with you.

Yes Joelle seems to be a bit weird sometimes, like she does not understand what to do, a bit confused but I do not understand all the anger towards her.

I was so angry when they started to talk about her behaviour when she,(carla ) won the temptation.
    The only thing she did was standing there with a big smile., then someone from the group is telling her and everybody else that she does not deserve it but Mandy should have gotten it? (who was that by the way?)
    Why because Mandy cries all the time and has children? grrrrrr. .

It would be great to see Joelle change and Carla come back and lsoe a lot of weight.

I am not to fond of that Mandy woman. She is annoying me

If someone had said that to me it would really motivate me to work hard and succeed just to give that person a mental finger. But I guess that doesn't work for Joelle.

Joelle has really alienated her housemates I wish the producers would follow up on the reasons why.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3287320;
    If someone had said that to me it would really motivate me to work hard and succeed just to give that person a mental finger. But I guess that doesn't work for Joelle.

Joelle has really alienated her housemates I wish the producers would follow up on the reasons why.
    It seems like I pass out mental fingers a lot during work, grocery shopping, driving, etc. Gotta love that finger!!!!

I agree, Joelle seems like she gives herself little pep talks all the time that do absolutely no good, but really, what are we not seeing that has turned off the other housemates?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

It could just be that Joelle isn't trying which is what we are being shown. Other than that, she may just have an annoying personality that other people can't get past. As I stated in a previous post, that happens to me all the time and it's not really my fault because that's just my personality. I actually do like Mindy but I felt she was being incredibly selfish towards Joelle. The rest of them reacted that way because they just didn't want to see Joelle win it, not that they really thought she deserved it. I thought Blaine deserved it more because his wife is so close to having her baby but I tend to think it would make it harder to be away from your family if you get a short, teaser visit. I'm not sure it really helps the people on Survivor that much. It helps the people that get to spend the longer time and then it seems to make it harder for the ones that see them for a short time. Anyway...
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I'm too lazy to go back and read all of the old posts so please forgive me if I'm repeating something that (probably) has been said a million times. I went back to read Carla and Joelle"s bios (mainly because I was wondering what Carla did for a living to afford that fabulous house). I was SHOCKED to find out that Joelle has a radio show where she gives advice on positive thinking! That is probably part of the weird little talking that she does. I think that she should change methods and give up the radio show. Who would take her advice after watching her on BL.
    Last edited by tvaholic; 01-23-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3287562;
    I'm too lazy to go back and read all of the old posts so please forgive me if I'm repeating something that (probably) has been said a million times. I went back to read Carla and Joelle"s bios (mainly because I was wondering what Carla did for a living to afford that fabulous house). I was SHOCKED to find out that Joelle has a radio show where she gives advice on positive thinking! That is probably part of the weird little talking that she does. I think that she should change methods and give up the radio show. Who would take her advice after watching her on BL.
    NO WAY! That is unbelievable.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3287562;
    No, this has not been discussed. I am stunned. The display she and Carla put on at home was ignorant and lacked the knowledge of any communication skills what so ever!!!

CCL

Just because she's not positive about her weight loss journey, or when people are yelling at her, doesn't mean she's not positive about other things or positive about life in general. Or maybe she's the type of person who can advocate a lifestyle (positivity) without being able to live it herself. It would be interesting to hear what regular listeners to her program think of her.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

To the Point

I don't hate Joelle, I just don't think she wants to be there. She was way too quickly tempted by the money they offered in that one challenge. She didn't say she didn't want to stay when she was asked, but she certainly didn't give any indication that she really did want to stay. She just seems very disconnected and, if she really indicated that she would just get by until she really needed to pour it on (one poster indicated that somewhere in this thread) then she's really not making the most of her time and she's certainly not fun to watch.

Closed Thread