Mandi (yellow): 251/245/-6 2.39%
    Helen (pink): 245/237/-8 3.27%
    Ron (brown): 398/386/-12
    Mike (brown): 366/359/-7 2.49%
    Damien (red): 364/355/-9 2.47%
    Kristin (purple): 341/331/-10 2.93%
    Filipe (blue): 347/338/-9 2.59%
    Joelle (silver): 296/294/-2 0.68%
    Jerry (white): 344/343/-1 0.29% (If anyone has me tearing up here, you guessed correctly.)
    Dan (orange): 424/421/-3 + 1 lb penalty 0.47%

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

Re: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Watching Jerry have to leave while Joelle stayed was terrible and heart breaking. He really deserved to be there, both him and Daniel. Hopefully with that attitude she won't last much longer. It seems like if she falls the yellow line everybody is willing to cut her.
    You've been Philiminated.

Premium Member

I bet Carla is kicking herself letting Joelle stay and her leave, I bet any money she would have been going all out unlike Joelle at the workouts. JMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3277261;
    For as much as I didn't like that so many people got sent home so early, it's interesting to see what they think they need to do to lose the weight. While they could have benefited from the instruction, they also now have a tangible reason to try and lose as much as they can. Trying to get into the best possible shape and also kicking bad eating habits are so important, and it's nice to see the contestants making independent decisions that viewers at home could make for themselves as well.

As for Bob's trainer tip of singing while working out-- for the sake of everyone who belongs to my gym, it's not one I intend on testing out.

Tara is really likeable-- she'd be among my favorites if her teammate wasn't such a whiner. But I love the overall camaraderie with this year's group vs. last season's-- the support for Dan to make it up the hill was great to watch. And Dan saying that he'd rather take the pound than having Jerry take it... and Tara giving up the phone call... this is such a different season.
    I think it might be worth a try if only to rid the machines of machine hogs

I would LOVE to HATE Jillian as my personal trainer.

Man I really wanted Joelle to leave tonight. She is just tarnishing all people who happen to have that wonderful name, and in all seriousness from what was shown of her workout ethic doesn't deserve to be there.

That challenge was impressive and I was impressed with the lady from the pink team in particular.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Amazing episode. It's unfortunate this it had to go against the powerhouse known as American Idol.

A few points...

Does anyone think that bribery challenge was a jab at Vicky? Because Ali kept saying that the bribe was for the people who were in it more for the money, and last season, Vicky came off as someone who really, really, really wanted the money.

I wish Joelle would toughen up. Not only for her sake, but for Carla's sake. Carla needs the help drastically being the heaviest woman to ever appear on the show. Joelle has only 2 more weeks to go, so I hope that she can pull through.

When Ali announced that the players had to remain at the ranch until Day 30 for their partners to come back, I thought that a maximum of 4 players would never really get a taste of the ranch. But I forgot that a week has already passed by at that point, so it's actually a maximum of 3 players who will never experience much knowledge from Bob and Jillian. That makes it a tad bit better.

I agree with Jillian that Daniel and Jerry were the two people who needed help the most, and it was so unfortunate to see them land in the bottom together. It was a lose-lose situation.

Lastly, I love Tara. She is so great. I hope she wins. But I'm also liking the pink team. I'm kinda amazed by how the pink team always turns out to be a likable mother/daughter pair each season.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Kao

Joelle should have just taken the money and left. Every time they showed a clip of Carla, she was working out. And what really disgusts me the most is that Carla (like Jerry and Daniel) is someone who REALLY needed to be there, but for whatever reason she believed that Joelle was strong enough to bring her back.

And at this point, she isn't. I don't know if there's some physical stuff going on that is making her get more tired than the rest of the contestants or what, but I hope for Carla's sake she pulls it together.

Both Jerry and his wife looked great at the end of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3277063;
    Bob's blow up was awesome. It's about time he got some fire into the gym.
    I think Bob's was channeling what he should have said to Vicky from the previous show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3277440;
    Joelle should have just taken the money and left. Every time they showed a clip of Carla, she was working out. And what really disgusts me the most is that Carla (like Jerry and Daniel) is someone who REALLY needed to be there, but for whatever reason she believed that Joelle was strong enough to bring her back.
    It actually seemed not like they thought that Joelle was strong enough to bring her back.. they thought Carla was the strongest mentally and for that reason she would be able to do it on her own at home, whereas they knew that Joelle needed her butt kicked in order to succeed. I think they got their gaming logic backwards unfortunately.

FORT Fogey

Good for the brown team dad for voicing why Dan should stay. He was right. And as we saw, Jerry did very well on his own. I was shocked at how much he was able to lose. Both he and his wife benefited from their very short stint tremendously. They look great.

Dan's loss of only one pound is water retention, I am sure. When you exercise that much at that weight your body will hold onto fluid. He will have a huge loss next week. Because of his size, his exercise regime is limited but we are not seeing that. I bet he spends most of his cardio time on a bike.

What delightful people this season. Joelle is not long for this show. The preview eludes to her having only a 2 pound loss next week but that is editing. Someone does but not Joelle.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast