Closed Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 1/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Yeah, I would definitely pick Bob to be my trainer. I would need something good to look at while I'm busting my butt exercising!

I hope that the producers are giving the contestents more than 6 months to lose all their weight, seriously I am looking at 200lbs for alot of the guys and 150lbs for the women. What really concerns me is that will any of them be able to keep the weight off after the show it over, after all Ron had gastric bypass and gained all his weight back.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3269685;
    Yeah, I would definitely pick Bob to be my trainer. I would need something good to look at while I'm busting my butt exercising!
    I would pick Jillian and stare across the room at Bob
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

if they started fillming right after S6 which ended about 14 weeks ago and the finally is going to be in May, I heard some mention on an addition fo Jill's radio show that the contestants went home for the holidays, that would be what? October to May 8 months?

Here we go again with the lame twists and challenges!

During a discussion of last season, I suggested they do an 'at home' edition for everybody, incorporating real-world challenges into everybody's weight loss and workouts. This might result in a slower weight loss (no more 100+ pound weight losses in 10 weeks); but could be made entertaining by showing all the contestants in their home environments. I get very bored with the ranch set-up, which is artificial and bland in the extreme. They took half my suggestions this season, but this is not what I had in mind. Particularly with this cast, who are so very large as to boggle the mind---they are going to need more help and supervision than any cast before. So it makes no sense to send half of them home after a single week. Maybe after 4 weeks, but not this soon.

I agree that Jillian seems to be the better trainer in terms of getting not only results, but positive team spirit out of her teams. I don't know what's happened to Papa Smurf, but he seemed to sell his soul a few seasons ago and never got it back. They still do not show us what these people are eating, which is a crucial oversight. When it comes to weight loss, food intake--the kinds and amounts--are as important as activity levels in predicting losses.

It doesn't matter to me anymore--after participating at least marginally in all seasons up til now, I will not be watching this, or subsequent seasons of The Biggest Loser. They burned me last season with such an unappealing cast (hello, Vicky and Heba!) and this crew all seem like nice people, but I just don't care anymore.

I think the twist is TERRIBLE! These people desperately need to lose weight. This is such a large cast and their weight is truly life threatening. To bring them on the show, get them all fired up only to send HALF home DESPITE the fact that they lost 13+ lbs in a week is really a travesty.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3269685;

Really? I don't find Bob appealing at all. He is not a bad looking guy but hot? No way, not in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by lyzm;3271444;
    I think the twist is TERRIBLE! These people desperately need to lose weight. This is such a large cast and their weight is truly life threatening. To bring them on the show, get them all fired up only to send HALF home DESPITE the fact that they lost 13+ lbs in a week is really a travesty.
    I agree. These people need help. I wish this show would just take the smallest percentage for the week and eliminate that team. The game play just seems harsh when these people really need help.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by lyzm;3271444;

I had the same thought. These aren't people who need to shed 50-65 pounds...this is a group that where some people are on heavy medication, been told they are pre-diabetic, etc. In addition, there's so many...extremes (the oldest person, the heaviest) it's really not fair.

In fact, I wouldn't send ANYONE home the first week because quite frankly ALL of them need to be there; I would want let people get in at least two good weeks of work (maybe three) to establish a good workout and diet plan and start healthy habits FIRST and maybe have a double elimination or something.

I have to agree with one of the things Hikari pointed out - we do not see what they eat! Sure, proper nutrition is talked about, they bring Chef Rocco on to discuss different ways to prepare food, they talk about using the gum to head off cravings, BUT they never say exactly what the contestants actually eat while at the ranch day to day. Frankly, I want to see the meal plans. I want to see what each person's calorie intake is every day. As Hikari said, there is more to losing weight than just the work outs so why can't we see that? With a two hour show every week, TPTB had plenty of time to edit to include meal planning and documenting. Just my 10 cents.

(for newbies - TPTB = "the powers that be")

All that being said, I still intend to watch. Sometimes this show does motivate me when other things don't. Wish I had the use of Jillian or Bob for a few weeks!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Closed Thread