Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 1/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by azluna;3267999;
    Maybe the ones going 'home' will actually be training with Kim. Didn't they pull something like that a few years back?
    Well yes--with Jillian.

But that's not it. Jillian rocks and Kim sucks. They'd never bring her back.

I know! If they were going to go for a LAME secret third trainer, they
    could go for the big laughs and drag in Richard Simmons!

Yeah, I'm joking.

But they could ape the Aussie version of the show (posted up on Youtube folks...) and get some ex-military/special forces type to be their secret third trainer. Make it boot camp, even more than Jillian.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Horrible twist. These people are here to change their life, and already 9 people are going home? I had a problem when 2 people were sent home the first week, but nine!?!? I know that a minimum of 5 people will come back, but that still means that 4 people didn't really have a chance to learn from the trainers.

But anyway, Tara's my early favorite. Go Tara!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

For real, how is this BL Couples if there are only 2 couples? Lame. I thought the whole maybe a 3rd trainer too at first. Guess not.

It's funny how the green team girl who is heavier is more athletic.

I love the preview with Jillian trippin' about how she has NEVER seen Bob that made. Must be the silver bullet girl, huh? Haha.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I hate this twist!!!! NINE People in the first week! The whole point is to have them be there with the trainers to change their life. I understand...yeah, yeah...you can do it at home, but I want to WATCH it happen! Not thrilled with it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3268164;
    I'm getting a little irritated with this show. Yes.. I LOVE seeing the results but I could bring one of these people to my own home and force them to lose 20 lbs in one week!!!! Hell! If you are as heavy as these people are all you have to do is cut out the soda intake and you'll lose weight. Walk around the block a couple of times and you'll drop 5 lbs. Give me a show about losing the last 20 or 30 lbs. and then THAT show would interest me more. They never show us what the finalists do (once they get back home) to take off the last bit of the weight that REALLY makes the difference. We don't get ANY,ANY ANY insight into what their diets are at the ranch. NONE!!!! Unless it's in the form if a JELLO or sugarless gum commercial. If this show is trying to inspire the morbidly obese people of the world then great! Fine!!!! With very, very small changes (to a diet of 24 hrs. a day eating) it is VERY easy to lose weight! Get a little closer to a goal weight an it ain't so easy. I wish that this show would show us what it takes to lose it at the end and focus (just a little) more on their diets.
    I am struggling with an extra 25 pounds so I hear you loud and clear. It wouldn't make a very interesting show to have contestants 30 pounds overweight. I feel strongly that they should show what they are eating on every episode. The footage they use with the back stories, tears and nonsense could easily be eliminated for this constructive and important piece of the process. Most of us know what to eat to lose but there a thousands who don't get it or don't hear it enough.

I loved the opening with Bob and Jillian talking to the viewers; they should do that every episode. Great way to start.

I am not bothered by the format. This show inspires people to do this on their own. They will see how successful the home people do and know they can too.

It is way to early to see who I am going to like and cheer. I have little sense of their personalities at this point. They all whine/freak at one point or another when pushed to the breaking point. It is a scary place to go.

Looking forward to Bob flipping out at his non doing talker next week.

The big question, why did Jillian choose the oldest couple for her first choice? She is competitive and fierce so it was not a decision born from her heart. She has stratedgy in mind. It eludes me. Any guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3268164;
    I'm getting a little irritated with this show. Yes.. I LOVE seeing the results but I could bring one of these people to my own home and force them to lose 20 lbs in one week!!!! Hell! If you are as heavy as these people are all you have to do is cut out the soda intake and you'll lose weight. Walk around the block a couple of times and you'll drop 5 lbs. Give me a show about losing the last 20 or 30 lbs. and then THAT show would interest me more. They never show us what the finalists do (once they get back home) to take off the last bit of the weight that REALLY makes the difference. We don't get ANY,ANY ANY insight into what their diets are at the ranch. NONE!!!! Unless it's in the form if a JELLO or sugarless gum commercial. If this show is trying to inspire the morbidly obese people of the world then great! Fine!!!! With very, very small changes (to a diet of 24 hrs. a day eating) it is VERY easy to lose weight! Get a little closer to a goal weight an it ain't so easy. I wish that this show would show us what it takes to lose it at the end and focus (just a little) more on their diets.
    This same complaint comes up at least every other season.

This is not an instructional weight loss show. It has never claimed to be, nor will it ever be. This is an entertainment reality show. Simple as that. How entertaining would it be to have a ten week show about people trying to lose 30 pounds? Not very.

The producers, Jillian, Bob, etc.. make a point of telling people that this is an incredibly controlled environment where these contestants work out an excessive amount and the large loss amounts are not going to be duplicated at home. They also have provided you with the tools to do a small bit of what they do on the ranch.. it's called the Biggest Loser Club and it's available on their website. They also have put out books and exercise DVDs.

That being said, this show has done a much better job the last few seasons with showing some of the food that they eat, and showing how to make meals healthier. But this isn't a cooking show.

They show you a good amount of the types of exercises that they do. But this isn't an exercise show.

It is what it is. If you're looking for something more concrete, then there's a FIT channel on cable that's designed to give you what you're looking for.

I think the season with all 3 trainers (Bob, Jillian and Kim) did a great job discussing nutrition. I remember the soy marinade guy. I would have done the same thing.

If the eliminated the constant replays and hype of what is coming up next, they would have plenty of time to bring in a nutrition element. Especially for a 2 hour show.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3268232;
    I hate this twist!!!! NINE People in the first week! The whole point is to have them be there with the trainers to change their life. I understand...yeah, yeah...you can do it at home, but I want to WATCH it happen! Not thrilled with it.
    I wholeheartedly agree!

On the silver team, Carla really needed to stay and Joelle needed to go home. Joelle was such a talker that even Bob noticed it. I sure hope she comes through for Carla to bring her back. I also, hope Carla is doing all she can to lose the weight at home. I loved the Red and the White team, they were so sweet. Man, Allison sure did lose that baby fat or was this filmed before her pregnancy? I'm soo confused......

CCL

I didn't like the twist either. Seems like noone really did. Don't know what they were thinking. I guess they want to show it can be done at home? Maybe they will be showing the people at home a bit every episode? But then they wouldn't get the big "reveal" when those teammates get back to the ranch in 4 weeks.
    I wish they would show more of the nutrition/eating aspect as well, but I guess that is not as "entertaining" as watching them all sweat it out in the gym. They have had bits of nutritional information here and there, though (the Rocco segments, steaming vegetables product placements etc.) so I guess some is better than nothing.
    I don't really like the one doctor (the man - not sure of his name). And I don't like the "let's show a countdown to what their body age is!" segment (though they didn't do much of it this year, as opposed to last year).
    So far most of the people seem "nicer" this year. Wasn't fond of the one green girl (the one who went home - Laura?). Was surprised that the complaining silver girl was chosen to stay (don't like her much either). Also surprised that the red girl (Nicole?) went home as they showed her basically telling her fiance that she should be the one to stay. The red girl looks like Jordin Sparks. Early favourites are the older couple and the orange team. Oh - and the brown team. Love the father.
    Last edited by CCL; 01-07-2009 at 09:57 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Closed Thread