+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ron & Mike : Father & Son

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Ron & Mike : Father & Son

I thought Dane's analysis was right on...but I think it was trumped by previous alliances... don't think he ever had a chance once those teams were chosen. Too good a chance to get him out when he didn't have the highest % of weight loss....and they are clearly going to lose every time because of Ron anyway, so no point in getting out a woman.
    Of course if they were playing as individuals they'd go for Ron as the weakest link, hoping to avoid having to vote again... but maybe they are more interested in preserving their alliance until the "merge".

Mike was so kind to give his groceries to Aubrey (or Mandi, I still can't remember which sister is which). That was very thoughtful for a such a young guy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3371482;
    Mike was so kind to give his groceries to Aubrey (or Mandi, I still can't remember which sister is which). That was very thoughtful for a such a young guy.
    I agree... AND it was good game play, as I"m sure his dad at the least knows...no reason it can't be BOTH kind AND good game play.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3372538;
    I agree... AND it was good game play, as I"m sure his dad at the least knows...no reason it can't be BOTH kind AND good game play.
    Right. Because he's now insured that at least one of Jillian's ex-players would feel like crap if she voted for Ron to go. So... given ANY reasonable choice? She won't.

Mike knew exactly what he was doing. Heck, I bet Ron came up with this move himself. And it's his fellow Team Bobbers who pay the price when that bill comes due. The ex Team Jill folks will simply shift their votes to another Bobber (not that this would give them any kind of majority anyway--they blew that already).
    Last edited by Krom; 03-08-2009 at 10:00 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey

One thing I wanted to point out... we all talk about how weak a player Ron is, but I noticed last night when Mikey broke the 100 lb. barrier, that Ron had lost something like 86 lbs., so NOT all that far behind him, and kind of amazing given how his exercise options are limited by his knees. Ron seems to lose 5 or 6 lbs. every week, consistently. Of course he has a lot further to go than Mikey....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3380292;
    One thing I wanted to point out... we all talk about how weak a player Ron is, but I noticed last night when Mikey broke the 100 lb. barrier, that Ron had lost something like 86 lbs., so NOT all that far behind him, and kind of amazing given how his exercise options are limited by his knees. Ron seems to lose 5 or 6 lbs. every week, consistently. Of course he has a lot further to go than Mikey....
    Losing weight is 70% to 80% diet. All Ron has to do is be careful to keep his calories lower that his output. There is a formula to figuring out how many calories you burn doing typical daily activites and when at rest. He is probably sticking to that lower number and his swimming is helping to kick his loss up. I guarantee he is eating much less than those who are working out in the gym. Bob probably has him doing upper body exercizes while seated or lying down also.

The black team is going to show a big loss next week. You just know they will stick to their diet and work exta long in the gym. The blue team will lose again. They are doomed.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

One other thing Ron is doing is, besides forming a strong bond with his old blue team members as they slice and dice the minority on their new team, is breaking up all the pairs, so there won't be any strong pairs left on the original black team.
    It looks as if the original blue/black division is going to conquer the "new" team loyalties, if any. Once they supposedly go to individual competition my guess is the orginal blue team will take out any remaining original blacks whenever possible, and then move on to anyone w/o a partner to avoid aggravating the remaining partner. Of course you can only do this if people oblige you by falling below the yellow line.
    How long before they go individual?
    Just went back and checked B and J's original teams. J only has Laura-Tara and Aubrey left, everyone else was originally Bob's, and they are all still in pairs except Helen.
    Last edited by PWS; 03-13-2009 at 03:25 PM.

FORT Newbie

GO MIKE I want him to win.

FORT Fogey

Has anyone discussed Ron's oddly-shaped chest? I've never seen anything like it and am wondering if there is a reason for it, e.g. surgery, former body-builder...

CCL

It's been mentioned. I read somewhere that it was believed he got a tummy tuck after his weight loss surgery and then gained weight again, resulting in the odd shape.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread