+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron & Mike : Father & Son

FORT Fogey

Re: Ron & Mike : Father & Son

I bet I know what happens! The Brown team Dad sacrifices himself so both boys can stay. He asks everyone to vote for him. Or he will just step forward at the end of the weigh in and volunteer to go home and there will be no vote.

FORT Fogey

Okay so I was wrong. LOL! I am glad they survived the elimination. I like this team. Ron needlessly beat up on himself. He had weeks of high numbers, it was time his loss was slightly less. He is still losing consistantly and is a good man. They are both dedicated to this process and deserve to be there above Dan and Mike. Good work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3291822;
    Okay so I was wrong. LOL! I am glad they survived the elimination. I like this team. Ron needlessly beat up on himself. He had weeks of high numbers, it was time his loss was slightly less. He is still losing consistantly and is a good man. They are both dedicated to this process and deserve to be there above Dan and Mike. Good work guys!
    I disagree. I think that Mike and Ron would have done just fine at home because they had each other. Clearly Dave doesn't "deserve" to be there as you said but Dan deserves to be there more than ANYONE else on the whole entire ranch. I think that Dave proved that he can't handle it at home so I think that he really NEEDED to be there and Dan DESPERATELY needed to be there. I was disappointed that Dave screwed Dan over with saying that he didn't want to be there. I truly believe that if he hadn't said that it would have been Dan and Dave getting to stay and that's what I wish had happened. That being said, Dan has done really well at home and Dave, predictably didn't. That's why I think Dave should have stayed because he would have done much better on the ranch and maybe made better choices once he did get home if he had more than one week on the ranch.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Actually, I would be interested to know whether Dave had actually lost any weight at home in weeks 2-5. Dan has "only" lost an additional 41 pounds at home and Dave is now down 46 pounds. It is highly likely that Dave had gained his Week One weight loss back during the month he was home and now his weight loss at home after getting booted off the second time is equal or better to Dan's.

But there is no disputing that Dave needed the guidance/butt kicking that Bob and Jillian could have provided. It seems like he might actually be getting it from Dan, though, so good for them.

FYI... there is a two page article on Dan in this week's People magazine.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Ron and Mike threw their "best bud" under the bus, in my opinion. Come on,.....get back to reality. Would you really sell your soul for a chance to win money? Oh wait,....that's just what dad did!

How did Ron sell his soul?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3296376;
    Ron and Mike threw their "best bud" under the bus, in my opinion. Come on,.....get back to reality. Would you really sell your soul for a chance to win money? Oh wait,....that's just what dad did!
    This show is not that serious. They are there to win and part of that is playing the game to stay. He didnt throw anyone under any bus. They wanted to stay so pled their case.

I wouldn't like this show if everyone voted to keep the person who needs it the most. You vote out your biggest threat or someone from the opposite team so you team remains stronger which ups the chances you will remain.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3297054;
    This show is not that serious. They are there to win and part of that is playing the game to stay. He didnt throw anyone under any bus. They wanted to stay so pled their case.

I wouldn't like this show if everyone voted to keep the person who needs it the most. You vote out your biggest threat or someone from the opposite team so you team remains stronger which ups the chances you will remain.
    Agreed. The show wouldn't be as compelling as it is - nor would people lose as much weight as they do - if it weren't for the cash prize at the end. People can choose to keep those who need it or they can keep those who are the most modest threat. Either way, the cash at the end is an important element of the show. What I like is that people have the choice of choosing for different reasons.

The dad/son didn't do anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3297054;

I, personally would vote for those that needed it the most in the beginning and then after the couples came back in the case of the current season or at the halfway point on a normal season I would start "playing the game".
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I thought Mike made a good point about Ron the other day...that over the years Ron's weight has done so much damage to his body, especially his knees, that he's limited in the kinds of exercise he can do...particularly in the kinds he can do until he's lost a significant amount of weight. Once Ron is down under 200 lbs. I think he can really speed things up....but to try to run like the others do at this point would just finish his knees off. All that weight slamming down on his knees.
    I wish they would show more exercises that are good for people to do who have knee issues, which I'm guessing is likely most older overweight people who've been overweight for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast