Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel & David : Best Friends

Daniel & David : Best Friends

Daniel: Best Friends Team Jillian's Team Age: 19 Height: 5'8" Hometown: Willow Spring, NC Occupation: Student Daniel

BIO:
    Daniel is an intellectual and caring person with an extraordinary character and attitude towards life. He always strives to do his best in everything. He also loves his friends dearly and is a great friend to have because he tries to put others before himself. However, this is sometimes detrimental to Daniel and his weight-loss efforts. He is a very competitive person who hates to lose at anything, although he would not mind losing a lot of weight! The weight is a big hindrance to him in his life.

David: Best Friends Team Jillian's Team Age: 23 Height: 6'0" Hometown: Fuquay-Varina, NC Occupation: Student David

BIO:
    David has made it a point in his life to not let his weight hold him back. Rather than being victimized by his weight problem, he looks for fun times, is not afraid of going out, and even conquered his fear of going shirtless to the pool. David's competitive nature is well known by his friends. He hates to lose and will fight diligently to succeed at what he sets out to do. One of David's biggest problems with losing weight is his love of comfort and hatred of change. Eating unhealthy foods and not exercising is comfortable, but losing the weight would require a dramatic change of lifestyle for David, making it difficult for him to keep up.

These two best friends have struggled with weight all their lives and are both the only member of their families who are overweight. Daniel and David were both linemen on their high school football team. They are ultra-competitive and will stop at nothing to stay above the yellow line.
    "That's Numberwang!"

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Daniel & David : Best Friends

This is the one team I am most interested in pre-show! Just seeing the clips I have of Daniel with the oxygen mask makes my heart break.

I have a 7 year old nephew who is overweight for his age and seeing Daniel makes me think of him.

I'm really rooting for this team to do well!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

CCL

Yeah, I think this is the team I will be rooting for. Hope they do well.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I didn't know they were from my home state until I came here to read up about them. Daniel, I'm rooting for you. Seeing him in the commercials breaks my heart.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

I feel soo bad for Dan... I really hope that he is able to turn his life around. He is young and deserves a full happy life.

i love these guys and would love for one of them to win!

FORT Fogey

I think it is a done deal that Daniel will be back. Should David be up for the vote no one is going to send him home. They all seem to have a heart and this kid needs to stay until the bitter end. I don't think there is enough time in this show for us to see him near his goal. There is just so much one can lose in 5 or 6 months. He was almost 500 pounds.

I couldn't believe my eyes watching David eating those hot dogs WITH FRIES! Does he think that that is dieting just because he would down 4 hot dogs and 2 sides of fries before? It says , in his bio, that he is the only overweight member of his family. Then who were those other Jabbas sitting, cramming junk food into their big fat faces? His eating buddies? He is doing such a disservice to himself and most of all Daniel. I don't see how in this day and age that ANY person, with a television, could not know how to eat properly. Oprah, Dr. Phil even the evening news always do shows where they focus on health and fitness. What is wrong with him? To see Daniel working so hard at the ranch and this idiot is at home eating crap!
    Last edited by Unklescott; 01-14-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: * don't hide the foul language

CCL

I'm sure he knows better/knows how to eat. And it's not like he can never have a hot dog or fries again (just maybe not right now, and not two of the hot dogs). I hope it was a red herring - that they showed him chowing down once but, since then, he's been sticking to a healthier diet. Maybe he thought he could get in a last hurrah (but, then, you'd think that he would have done that before he left for the ranch). But he did say he didn't really like most healthy foods so perhaps the eating aspect of his new regime will remain difficult for him off-campus.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I've always had a weight problem. I love food! Right now I should lose about 20 lbs myself. Only (ha-ha) 20 because (even at my worst) I make compromises and "deals" with myself. If I want to go out and have 2 hot dogs I plan for it or I buy vegetarian wieners that only have 5 fat calories (they're not so bad). There are always other better choices. He ate those hot dogs with a cameraman standing there filming him! What's he going to do when no one is watching? He probably has "helpers" that will sneak food to him. I get mad at myself that I'm not a size 3 (like I was in my 20's) but at least I've managed to control things much better than these people. I am convinced that to be as overweight as David (and the others) they must do round the clock feedings and NO form of physical activity. They never get full or they feel that they have to feel full every time that they eat. A snack should just curb your hunger not stuff you. He's past the point of making excuses for himself. He's already had too many "last hurrahs". He has to STOP rewarding himself or find some way to reward that doesn't have a bunch of calories in it! I feel for Daniel and David. I would love to see them win but there is NO excuse for him eating that food. Excuses and laziness are the reasons that he's even on this show!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast