Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerry & Estella : Husband & Wife

Jerry & Estella : Husband & Wife

Jerry: Husband & Wife Team Jillian's Team Age: 63 Height: 6'3" Hometown: Wheaton, IL Occupation: Retired Engineer Jerry

BIO:
    "BIG JER" is the family's chief; a leader, and a funny, fair, and all-around nice guy. He is dedicated and hardworking, as demonstrated through a 35-year engineering career and a second career in finance, as well as his active involvement with his family. Jerry enjoys being silly and playing with his grandkids. Until a few months ago, Jerry was walking three mornings a week for 30 minutes. Currently, he does not have an exercise routine apart from lawn care and walking around town with the family. Jerry eats on the road, snacking a lot, particularly at night. Jerry is also sensitive at times about his weight/appearance. He is looking forward to losing the weight as mobility is often difficult, particularly when playing on the ground with the grandkids and getting in and out of tight spaces. Jerry, a great guy to get to know, will be a tough competitor when he sets his goals!

Estella: Husband & Wife Team Jillian's Team Height: 5'8" Hometown: Wheaton, IL Occupation: Retired Nurse Estella

BIO:
    Estella is a loving, caring, spiritual, and kind person. She can be very strong in times of crisis, or when she is passionate about something/someone. She often prioritizes caring for grandkids and out-of-town family and does not get regular exercise. Estella admits she can no longer hide behind her excuses as to why she cannot exercise or eat better. She confesses her love of baked goods; and says that providing lots of snacks around the house for grandkids and cooking for the family brings her comfort. Estella's youngest sister passed away last year due to morbid obesity-related complications, adding a constant reminder of her own need to act quickly to be at a healthier weight. Estella loves to dance and music gets her motivated. She's is ready to make drastic changes to have more energy to keep up with her soon-to-be-healthier hubby and her grandkids, who bring her great joy. Estella says, "I am not a shrinking violet!" So, watch out other contestants!

Estella and Jerry met in high school, married and weathered 41 years of fun and difficulty times as a team. Together, they twice lost a lot of weight. As contestants, they look forward to the opportunity to make the major changes needed for a better future and quality of life (including playing with grandkids and dancing more)!
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Jerry & Estella : Husband & Wife

Is this the team that suffers a real medical emergency at the beginning of the season?

Gosh, Jerry is my husband's age but my husband looks about 10 years younger. Good luck to these two.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Yea - I agree. Jerry looks old for 63. I would have guessed his age at over 70. I am sure that as he loses weight he may start looking younger.

CCL

I totally cried when he went down. I'm a softy. I'm glad he got to stay and I hope he does really well in the competition (and his wife, too).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Did they say exactly what had happened to him? Mr buglover kept saying he had a stroke. I said no, his blood pressure probably went down too fast or something and he passed out.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3268387;
    Did they say exactly what had happened to him? Mr buglover kept saying he had a stroke. I said no, his blood pressure probably went down too fast or something and he passed out.
    When he came back to the ranch he confirmed that the doctors at the hospital had told him that he'd had a dip in blood pressure which made him pass out.

I fell asleep before the end of the final weigh in last night so didn't get to see which of the couples got to stay, I've been looking at the Biggest Loser website but they haven't updated yet. Good to see that he got to stay, he needs to lose the weight more than his wife IMO.

His wife was sent home along with one of the purple team. I didn't hear the rules but apparently Jerry can get Estella back if he has the most weight loss or something to that effect.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In four weeks, anyone who is still at the ranch will have their partners return. I really hope they make it, they're such an adorable couple!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3268520;
    In four weeks, anyone who is still at the ranch will have their partners return. I really hope they make it, they're such an adorable couple!
    Thanks Missy. I didn't hear that part of the twist, only that they could return.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3268387;
    His blood pressure bottomed out. I thought when it happened that he had a vagal (sp?) response. That happened to my Dad about an hour after he had his stint surgery and his heart stopped for 12 seconds. Scared the crap out of us and just as they had the paddles ready he came to. It was really weird.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast