+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334

Thread: 12/16 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/16 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I posted some of these thoughts in another thread but I want some opinions...

Here is the final breakdown:

02) Amy - 229 - 124 - 105 - 45.85%
    01) Heba - 294 - 156 - 138 - 46.94%

If the scale had read 122 for Amy and 157 for Heba then Amy would have won... why didn't they change the numbers to make us happy? Yes, yes, I know it is 'cheating' but I bet they do it all the time...
    In an interview Michelle mentioned she knew when Allison announced the number she needed that she would win (she said she knew she had the number or something like that)...but then Michelle said something to the effect of "but you never know with the biggest loser scale," indicating that unexpected numbers have popped up on the official scale (otherwise she would have no basis for saying that). No doubt the contestants weigh themselves all the time and perhaps have seen different numbers (or at the very least weighed themselves before the finale and know EXACTLY what to expect). I really wonder how much the producers play with the numbers, etc. I mean, if Heba had gotten into the finale then she would have won the whole thing, can we truly believe that 84% of Americans voted Ed in, considering his plea? Not that I am upset, I did not want either one of them in the finale (lump in V.V. (thats Vile Vicky) too) and be more than happy if they didn't win a dime.

With that said, I wonder if they could have just fudged the numbers a bit, so America could be super happy with the entire outcome? ERRR.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3254837;
    I posted some of these thoughts in another thread but I want some opinions...

Here is the final breakdown:

02) Amy - 229 - 124 - 105 - 45.85%
    01) Heba - 294 - 156 - 138 - 46.94%

If the scale had read 122 for Amy and 157 for Heba then Amy would have won... why didn't they change the numbers to make us happy? Yes, yes, I know it is 'cheating' but I bet they do it all the time...
    In an interview Michelle mentioned she knew when Allison announced the number she needed that she would win (she said she knew she had the number or something like that)...but then Michelle said something to the effect of "but you never know with the biggest loser scale," indicating that unexpected numbers have popped up on the official scale (otherwise she would have no basis for saying that). No doubt the contestants weigh themselves all the time and perhaps have seen different numbers (or at the very least weighed themselves before the finale and know EXACTLY what to expect).
    Unfortunately, I think you're reading too much into Michelle's statement. I think Michelle was just comparing one scale to another, not trying to say that TBL scale is wonky.

As anyone who is a Weight Watcher will attest, we say it each and every week that "I know what my scale says, but it isn't necessarily what will be on the official scale." It's about the number on the WW scale that matters.

Add to that the fact that being on an airplane can cause water retention.. and I think there had been 24 hours since they had last weighed on their own scale that numbers could have changed. So they can definitely have idea of where they were, give or take a few pounds, but no one could have been confident of the exact number.

But yeah... it would have been perfect if Amy P had won the at home challenge. Karma for Heba. I think she got quite an eye opening, however, by not getting voted into the finale. And knowing she would have won had America liked her better must be a killer. So.. hopefully it was enough.

I was rooting for Phil to win the $100K because that would REALLY be karma for Heba but his wife was the next best thing Too bad it didn't turn out that way
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Unfortunately, it appears Phil and Amy lost all they could in order to get down to a healthy weight. Heba had the advantage of having a higher percentage of weight which she needed to lose. In fact, it looks like she could lose a few more pounds. The heaviest contestants always seem to have an advantage in that way.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3255018;
    Unfortunately, I think you're reading too much into Michelle's statement. I think Michelle was just comparing one scale to another, not trying to say that TBL scale is wonky.

As anyone who is a Weight Watcher will attest, we say it each and every week that "I know what my scale says, but it isn't necessarily what will be on the official scale." It's about the number on the WW scale that matters.

Add to that the fact that being on an airplane can cause water retention.. and I think there had been 24 hours since they had last weighed on their own scale that numbers could have changed. So they can definitely have idea of where they were, give or take a few pounds, but no one could have been confident of the exact number.

But yeah... it would have been perfect if Amy P had won the at home challenge. Karma for Heba. I think she got quite an eye opening, however, by not getting voted into the finale. And knowing she would have won had America liked her better must be a killer. So.. hopefully it was enough.
    I agree, scales vary so they can never be sure. I bet everyone gets a diuretic from their doctor to take the night before the final weigh in. I know I would. Airplanes defiantely cause water retention.

+ Reply to Thread