+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Loser Finale Changes

The Biggest Loser Finale Changes

I have been thinking about past seasons and last seasons finale change: America votes the 3rd person in.

After the season, I have realized that they did this to keep the contestants that we- the viewers- hate out of the running.

Who was happy to see Kai take money home?
    Who was happy to see Isabeau (I actually liked her) in the finale?
    Who rooted for Roger-Pride on Three over Mark?

I think this is the producers way of manipulating the outcome. Behave on the Ranch/Campus and you should be rewarded.

Why didn't Icky Vicky and Heba taken this into consideration, prior to coming on this show? My thoughts are this-
    Icky Vicky is too self absorbed to think that everyone wouldn't love her
    Heba (and Ed) were in a bar when they were recruited by Bob. I don't think they took the time to even watch past seasons.

What do you think?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Re: The Biggest Loser Finale Changes

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3235497;
    Heba (and Ed) were in a bar when they were recruited by Bob. I don't think they took the time to even watch past seasons.
    In the season premiere, Bob and Jillian were shown going to the contestants' hometowns and telling them they got on the show. That's what they were talking about when they said Bob recruited Heba & Ed in a bar.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3235497;
    Who was happy to see Kai take money home?
    Who was happy to see Isabeau (I actually liked her) in the finale?
    Who rooted for Roger-Pride on Three over Mark?
    Me! I was definitely pulling for Roger over Mark.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3235555;
    Me! I was definitely pulling for Roger over Mark.
    I guess I didn't word that right, Roger was the "good" guy.

If it comes down to a vote of any member of Team Black + Amy vs. any member of the Blue team, who do you think would get the votes?

I just realized that if Ed goes home soon, it will be an all female finale.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3235621;
    I just realized that if Ed goes home soon, it will be an all female finale.
    That would be ideal. It makes for a level playing field and something we have not seen. Ed could easily hit a plateau again and stall as he did previously. This is a likely senario. I would love to see and all black plus Amy finale.

Imagine what Heba would do if Ed were to hit a plateau so quickly after coming back (i.e. this week or next)?

Gosh, this I'd like to see!

I have to believe in what ever goes around will eventually come around. It might not be today, it might not be tomorrow, it might not even be here by the end of the show, but it will come around.

Would someone mind telling me about the finale-- I am so confused! This is my first season and I have no idea what is going on-- do we vote people in., how many people are there...etc? Pictures of renne/michelle, vicky/brady and colleen are already out (mag and online), does that mean they do not win and win is the finale in relation to when they started filming? How much time have they had in all? I saw the recap of Ali (?) and WOW--all that weight loss must have taken some time. Please help! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3235927;
    Pictures of renne/michelle, vicky/brady and colleen are already out (mag and online), does that mean they do not win
    The pictures of this month's Prevention Magazine was taken while Brady was still at the campus (remember the lady who interviewed all of the contestants?). They just happened to leave a few people out.

I don't think Prevention would be able to publish their magazine if it contained blatant spoilers. And anyway, Brady was in it, and he was eliminated this week.

Would someone mind telling me about the finale-- I am so confused! This is my first season and I have no idea what is going on-- do we vote people in., how many people are there...etc?
    It varies among each season as to how many people compete at the end for the $250,000 and the title of the "Biggest Loser." The first season had 3 people, the second season had 3, the third season had 4 (though one person had to drop out since she got pregnant), the fourth season had 4, and the fifth season had 3.

Last season, they introduced a new twist where America was able to vote one person into the Top 3. It was between Mark and Roger, who both fell below the yellow line during the final 4 weigh-in (the two people who were above the line had a guaranteed spot in the finale). Roger won.

Who knows if this twist will show up again this season. It probably won't; the producers were probably just trying to find a new way to spice up the game during one particular season.

And honestly, I don't want them to bring back another America's Choice. The editors have had complete control as to what the viewers see. We have seen Vicky, Heba, and their husbands at their worst and Coleen, Michelle, Renee, and Amy at their best. Granted, the ECA (Evil Couple Alliance, as I like to call them have given the editors things to work with, but I'm sure they all have had their good moments. But have we seen those good moments? No. Even though I wouldn't like to see Heba, Ed, or Vicky make it to the end, they would have an unfair chance of making it to the final if they happened to be one of the choices for America's Choice (that is, if they had one this season).

win is the finale in relation to when they started filming? How much time have they had in all? I saw the recap of Ali (?) and WOW--all that weight loss must have taken some time. Please help! Thanks!
    The finale is live, so it's filmed way after the season has stopped filming. This gives all the contestants a little more time to lose all the weight they can. I'm not sure how much time they have, but I think there are 6-8 weeks from the time filming stops to the finale.

There are two competitions in the finale: the at-home contest and the contest to see who is the ultimate "Biggest Loser." The at-home contest is among all of the contestants would have been sent home, and they have a chance to win $100,000.

Hope this helps.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I would still love to see them do a top male and a top female...though if this year ends up an all female finale, then wait till next year - the guys have won enough!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast