+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Loser Finale Changes

Re: The Biggest Loser Finale Changes

With the exception of S3 and S4, the finale is comprised of 3 people (S3 and S4 had a final 4). So the person above the yellow line would simply win the whole season.

Viewer's choice was a twist that only popped up last season, so it's not certain if it will happen again this season. Last season, we chose from the two people who fell below the yellow line when the F4 players weighed in. Instead of the two players who were above the yellow line voting out a person, the viewers did it instead.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Thanks. Of course I was not thinking clearly. The final three weigh in at that finale. So tonight we lose one and next week they are down to 4 so two more shows until the finale.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3243893;
    Thanks. Of course I was not thinking clearly. The final three weigh in at that finale. So tonight we lose one and next week they are down to 4 so two more shows until the finale.
    According to the Biggest Loser web page the Finale is December 16.

According to the website, they will have the viewer vote again. Which IMO basically solidifies a black in the finale. Even if one goes this week and the surviving one is below the line F4, I don't see America voting her out over a blue team member, not with the way they have been edited.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3243893;
    At the end of last week's show, the preview said there were 2 more shows until the finale.

FORT Fogey

If by chance both blacks fall below tonight no problem! In fact it would be the best case senario.

*Renee will ask to be voted off and allow her daughter to continue. Any mother would do that.

*Then we could have a situation where two blacks end up in the finale.

*Michele gets high numbers next week because she experienced a plateau and is safe. A blue goes.

*So we have a situation where one black is in the finale and one black is up for viewer voting.

I am rooting for two blacks below the yellow line!

SWEET! as the kids across the street say every 5 minutes.
    Last edited by shoepie; 12-02-2008 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hott4hill;3244118;
    According to the website, they will have the viewer vote again. Which IMO basically solidifies a black in the finale. Even if one goes this week and the surviving one is below the line F4, I don't see America voting her out over a blue team member, not with the way they have been edited.
    I've brought this up before, but...

Ugh, that's just so unfair to Vicky, Heba, and Ed, even though he's just unlikable because of who he's affiliated with. Like all the rest of you, I don't like them, but they don't have a fair shot at making the final if a) they fall below the yellow line and b) they are joined by Michelle or Renee. I know that they've given material for the editors to work with, but for the most part, we've seen Michelle and Renee as the heroes and Vicky and co. as the villains. I'm sure Vicky, Heba, and Ed have had their good moments, but the editors haven't really shown them, especially for Vicky. They're pretty much screwed if they fall below the yellow line with one of Jillian's people.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3244254;
    I've brought this up before, but...

Ugh, that's just so unfair to Vicky, Heba, and Ed, even though he's just unlikable because of who he's affiliated with. Like all the rest of you, I don't like them, but they don't have a fair shot at making the final if a) they fall below the yellow line and b) they are joined by Michelle or Renee. I know that they've given material for the editors to work with, but for the most part, we've seen Michelle and Renee as the heroes and Vicky and co. as the villains. I'm sure Vicky, Heba, and Ed have had their good moments, but the editors haven't really shown them, especially for Vicky. They're pretty much screwed if they fall below the yellow line with one of Jillian's people.
    They cannot show what the are not given. Are you really saying that Vicky has been given a bum rap? Nah. You are a sane and rational person. Vicky is just NOT being misrepresented. The note on the wall, the diary talks that drip venmom?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3244262;
    They cannot show what the are not given. Are you really saying that Vicky has been given a bum rap? Nah. You are a sane and rational person. Vicky is just NOT being misrepresented. The note on the wall, the diary talks that drip venmom?
    I know that the show can't air what they aren't given, which is why I said...

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3244254;
    I know that they've given material for the editors to work with, but...
    But reality TV is infamous for misrepresenting people all the time. Example: someone in the Survivor forum claimed that Stephenie said herself in interviews that she wasn't as nice as they portrayed her in Palau or as evil as they portrayed her in Guatemala.

Icky Vicky is vicious, no doubt, but I don't believe she's truly that evil IRL. People always have their off moments, and it's obvious that Vicky has had many. But we've pretty much only seen that side of her. Have we seen Nice Vicky? Maybe in the beginning, where she was pretty invisible, but now that we're close to the end, she's been touted as one of the most heinous reality TV villains, ever. I know she's to blame for acting that way in front of the cameras, but the editors have the final say as to what gets shown on TV. They've chosen to portray her as the villain, and because of that, Vicky has an unfair shot if she were to be one of the choices for America's Choice.

Honestly, I've always hated when voting through phones, texts, the internet, etc. is incorporated with a reality TV show, especially if the show is heavily edited like TBL. The editors pretty much make our decision for us.

Voting works on shows like DwtS and AI. But even with shows like these, I've hated it. On AI, the show is famous for airing the many good, bad, and ugly auditions in the beginning of each season. But when we get to the Top 24, the people who had their audition shown have an advantage over the people who didn't. Carrie Underwood is a perfect example of this. Many viewers, myself included, loved her right from the beginning of her audition, and she went on to win the whole season. She was joined in the F2 with Bo Bice, who didn't have his audition show, and though I'm happy she won, she had a leg up on him IMO.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that heavily edited shows like TBL should not have an America's Choice since the show's producers and editors decide what we see. As for shows like AI, I think they should give everyone who eventually made the Top 24 a fair shot by showing each audition. That's what they did on SYTYCD Canada, and everyone started off on the same foot.

I dislike Vicky nonetheless, but from her perspective, she finds herself in an unfortunate position.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 12-03-2008 at 06:32 AM.

FORT Fogey

I get what you are saying. And you are so right about the viewer votes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast