+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Loser Finale Changes

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: The Biggest Loser Finale Changes

From the previews for this week it looks like Jillian is in shock. She says something like "I have to take a second." Which...I guess could go either way. But for some reason I really feel like its a GOOD thing. Crossing my fingers!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3236682;
    From the previews for this week it looks like Jillian is in shock. She says something like "I have to take a second." Which...I guess could go either way. But for some reason I really feel like its a GOOD thing. Crossing my fingers!!!
    I thought so too. Jillian cannot hide anger or upset at all and this clip showed neither. She appeared to be moved to tears because one of her girls did well or no one fell below the yellow line. Okay, that last was born out of wishful thinking but for sure, something good went down.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3235978;
    And honestly, I don't want them to bring back another America's Choice. The editors have had complete control as to what the viewers see. We have seen Vicky, Heba, and their husbands at their worst and Coleen, Michelle, Renee, and Amy at their best. Granted, the ECA (Evil Couple Alliance, as I like to call them have given the editors things to work with, but I'm sure they all have had their good moments. But have we seen those good moments? No. Even though I wouldn't like to see Heba, Ed, or Vicky make it to the end, they would have an unfair chance of making it to the final if they happened to be one of the choices for America's Choice (that is, if they had one this season).
    Good point. They would probably be facing a law suit from Vicky if she were up for a vote.

Well to be fair I think that Heba (and Ed to a less extent) have had horrible edits. If any of the blue team is below with a black they are gone.

I'm pretty confident now that Amy is gone, Michelle or Renee will win. Each year they always edit it to we will be happy with the ending. The show is about inspiring people and they always want a feel good ending. Ex.) Eric prevailing over Kai and Heather, Black team making the finale over Neil and Co after being "bullied", Ali winning and defeating the evil frat boys alliance, and Michelle/Renee winning over Lady MacBeth and her minions.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hott4hill;3241635;
    Well to be fair I think that Heba (and Ed to a less extent) have had horrible edits. If any of the blue team is below with a black they are gone.

I'm pretty confident now that Amy is gone, Michelle or Renee will win. Each year they always edit it to we will be happy with the ending. The show is about inspiring people and they always want a feel good ending. Ex.) Eric prevailing over Kai and Heather, Black team making the finale over Neil and Co after being "bullied", Ali winning and defeating the evil frat boys alliance, and Michelle/Renee winning over Lady MacBeth and her minions.

They edit this show before they know the final results so emphasizing the bad behavior of a contestant says they don't even make the final 3. Is this it? Has a well liked person won everytime?

It is hard for me to see Michele and Renee outlasting all three Blues. I hope this happens.

It is hard for me to see Michele and Renee outlasting all three Blues. I hope this happens.
    It seems nearly impossible but I hope so too!
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 11-27-2008 at 12:32 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dlmom53;3242175;
    It seems nearly impossible but I hope so too!
    It could happen if Vicky is below the yellow line again and her competitor is Ed or Heba...then we'd be down to two original teams, or maybe the black team would choose to split up Ed/Heba.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3242827;
    It could happen if Vicky is below the yellow line again and her competitor is Ed or Heba...then we'd be down to two original teams, or maybe the black team would choose to split up Ed/Heba.
    Any one of them could be below the yellow line. Plateaus hit at any time no matter what you do. Since the Black team had such astounding numbers, unfortunately, they are the ones most likely to get a stick in their spokes. 8 and 10 pounds this late in the game is stunning.

Yeah it's going to be harder for Michelle/Renee to stay this week. Neither can fall below or they are gone (seeing as the blue trio is pretty tight). There are only three spots above the yellow line, they have to occupy two of them.

Although I don't know why you guys are saying it's impossible. Kelly/Ali virtually did the same thing last season.

They edit this show before they know the final results so emphasizing the bad behavior of a contestant says they don't even make the final 3. Is this it? Has a well liked person won everytime?
    Well Kai & Heather made the finale. They had awful edits. I guess they knew neither would win. I don't know, it seems to be that they have went out of their way to show how awful Vicki and her cubs have been.

They also do know the results (the producers) or at least the finalists progress. We however don't know it. The show isn't completely edited before the show is over. For example, Ali Vincent said that she returned to the ranch when the show was beginning to air.

Another thing, we know America votes a third finalist in. The editing would scew the votes for Vicki or Heba to go. I think Michelle or Renee will for sure be in the finale. Even if they fall below this week and one goes, I highly doubt if the other fell below again that America would vote them off. If they both stay this week and they both don't fall together at final 4, they are sure bets for the final 3.

FORT Fogey

I have only watched one season prior to this one. I have a question.

When it is down to three do they have two below the yellow line and one person votes one off or does the format change at that point? If they have viewers vote for who the third will be who do we choose from, only the last two eliminated? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast