Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillip - The Biggest Loser: Families

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Phillip - The Biggest Loser: Families

Phillip: The Husband

Team: Bob's Team
    Hometown: Greer, SC

"Every now and than you gotta remind yourself in the middle of how hard it is, what you're actually here for."

Phillip is a strong competitor under that easygoing exterior. Raised as the oldest and only boy of three children, he began to be concerned about his body image at a young age. Even though he was a normal weight during high school, college and his young adult years, when he served in the U.S. Air Force he still saw himself as heavy and soon after began to gain weight. When he married his college sweetheart, Amy, 20 years ago, he weighed 185 pounds. Desperate to be a better husband and a healthier father for his sons, Phillip has vowed to get trim and healthy!

Charismatic and fun, Phillip and Amy are a married couple determined to win people over with their positive attitudes and competitive spirits. No strangers to a challenge, these two know how to work together and make it through any obstacle. College sweethearts, co-workers, parents and married for nearly 20 years, this couple is ready to add new chapters to their lives as they lose weight and get in shape together! Look out for these two because together they make a powerful team!

The Biggest Loser - NBC Site
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Newbie

Re: Vicky -The Biggest Loser: Families

Brady and Vicki need to watch this video HOURLY and apologize to their children for providing such bad examples and then get themselves into some therapy. I think about what their son will learn watching his father threaten to physically assault Phil because Phil called Vicki on the carpet for making his wife cry. Phil's sons learned much more from that episode, about restraint, class and self-respect.

[edit]
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 12-11-2008 at 07:04 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by loverofdogs18;3249533;
    Brady and Vicki need to watch this video HOURLY and apologize to their children for providing such bad examples and then get themselves into some therapy. I think about what their son will learn watching his father threaten to physically assault Phil because Phil called Vicki on the carpet for making his wife cry. Phil's sons learned much more from that episode, about restraint, class and self-respect.
    The funny thing is Brady never actually threatened to assualt Phil, during both arguments, Phil was the first person to mention physical violence by asking Brady if he wanted to hit him.
    As much as I liked Amy, I think Phil was just as much of a drama queen as everyone else. In an interview (I think it was on dietsinreview) Amy admits that Phil's mouth tends to get him in trouble.

I'm not trying to be deny or justify anyone's behavior, but I don't think Vicki and Brady are devils and I don't think Phil will be getting a sainthood and statue anytime soon. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by realLAgrl;3249609;
    The funny thing is Brady never actually threatened to assualt Phil, during both arguments, Phil was the first person to mention physical violence by asking Brady if he wanted to hit him.
    As much as I liked Amy, I think Phil was just as much of a drama queen as everyone else. In an interview (I think it was on dietsinreview) Amy admits that Phil's mouth tends to get him in trouble.

I'm not trying to be deny or justify anyone's behavior, but I don't think Vicki and Brady are devils and I don't think Phil will be getting a sainthood and statue anytime soon. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    I agree. Phil was no saint and started the ball rolling in the dark challenge, not answering Heba "because his mouth was full of peanut butter cups". Phil, have you never spoken with your mouth full?

They all behaved poorly in that challenge.

Heba acutally put forth a decent plan and if anyone disagreed it was their right but she was not controlling. She offered an idea and asked for feedback.

Then Phil trash talked Heba to Brady on the basket ball court. Bone head move. Brady was on Heba's team.

I mean no defense of Vicky by this statement. She never took the high road. This is a social and stratigic game to a point. It serves no one to be nasty or even unkind to another. The more you are loved the better position you are in. Votes often come down to personalities. Vicky did not have to worry about that because bullying gets the same result.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3249965;
    I agree. Phil was no saint and started the ball rolling in the dark challenge, not answering Heba "because his mouth was full of peanut butter cups". Phil, have you never spoken with your mouth full?

They all behaved poorly in that challenge.

Heba acutally put forth a decent plan and if anyone disagreed it was their right but she was not controlling. She offered an idea and asked for feedback.

Then Phil trash talked Heba to Brady on the basket ball court. Bone head move. Brady was on Heba's team.

I mean no defense of Vicky by this statement. She never took the high road. This is a social and stratigic game to a point. It serves no one to be nasty or even unkind to another. The more you are loved the better position you are in. Votes often come down to personalities. Vicky did not have to worry about that because bullying gets the same result.
    I think Phil and Amy would have gotten a lot further in the game if he hadn't tried to backdoor Heba. If he hadn't done that I doubt Heba would have switched him, and had he stayed on the blue team, I really think they could have wiped out the black team.

I agree with you about Vicky's behavior, I thought it was very inappropriate, and I think her strategy would have been just as effective with out all the nastyness.

FORT Fogey

I think Phil and Amy would have gotten a lot further in the game if he hadn't tried to backdoor Heba.
    Phil's problem started in that challenge. That is why, when Heba divided the teams she put Phil on the black team, seperating him from Amy. At that point he had said nothing about voting her out to anyone. He was a jerk in that challenge, for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3250266;
    Phil's problem started in that challenge. That is why, when Heba divided the teams she put Phil on the black team, seperating him from Amy. At that point he had said nothing about voting her out to anyone. He was a jerk in that challenge, for no reason.
    I think we all need to be careful of assuming that anything was done "for no reason." Heba had been a complete and utter jerk prior to that challenge, and she was a bossy little snot DURING the challenge. We saw that much, and who knows how much we weren't shown?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3250293;
    I think we all need to be careful of assuming that anything was done "for no reason." Heba had been a complete and utter jerk prior to that challenge, and she was a bossy little snot DURING the challenge. We saw that much, and who knows how much we weren't shown?
    Okay, I take back for no reason. I dont remember her before that challenge. It's interesting to watch it again though. Seriously, Heba had a reasonable thought, asked for feedback and things fell apart. I had remembered it differently.

She put forth a good idea and gave everyone a chance to talk about it. Some took issue with good reason but didn't express it well. They whined. Heba wanted to keep the teams the same. The Black team lacked men so wanted to change. Rather than just saying, no lets not do that, everyone on their own to eat or not an emotional and silly scene happened. Phil went to sneak food and refused to speak up when asked. He could have said, no I am eating. Really that is all she was asking. They all seemed so helpless in the face of an idea tossed into the air. Very odd.
    Last edited by shoepie; 12-12-2008 at 03:48 PM.

FORT Newbie

Brady said "I'll knock your block off" and interjected himself into a discussion Phil was trying to have with Vicky when he approached her and said "Amy is outside crying because of what you said." As far as Phil approaching Brady on the basketball courts, I'll believe it when NBC puts up the video. These people are being videoed and taped constantly, even when killing roaches for goodness' sake, but conveniently, that bit of drama ended up on the cutting room floor? No. A brilliant move on Brady and Vicky's parts to turn Heba against Phil and align her more closely with them during her time of loneliness with Ed gone? Oh yes. Even if Phil did approach Brady, how is that different than the game playing Vicky did? It's not, she, Heba and Ed lied blank faced to Amy when she asked if they had an alliance from the beginning. But it's okay for them and no one else, right? Whatever trouble Phil's mouth might have gotten him into, I didn't see him cursing like a sailor on shore leave and having every other word bleeped out.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3250266;

I didn't see him as a jerk. I saw Heba as a controlling bully type. That was when I realized just how nasty she could be. It's a game. He didn't have to play by her rules. Yes, it bit him in the butt, however, she was the catalyst for that whole situation.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast