+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did anyone's DVR fail to record the finale?

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar

Did anyone's DVR fail to record the finale?

I thought it was just me...or my DVR...but even though the entire season recorded just fine, the finale didn't. I went on the NBC website and saw that others had the same problem. Anyone here have a DVR mishap failure when recording the Finale? I am just sick about not seeing the episode. I don't have a clue why it didn't record. Oh well,....another season awaits me (starting in October!)
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Re: Did anyone's DVR fail to record the finale?

Okay, I cleared this with the big folks ...Thanks to Hepcat

Does anyone have a VCR copy of the finale they are willing to part with? I would gladly pay for the VCR tape and the postage. I don't even know if the rest of the world still has VCR's but I have a player still sitting under my DVR (it plays DVD's too so I am not totally in the stone age...although I am as old as a dinosaur but we'll skip that discussion for now )

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Do they not show the episode online at NBC? Forgive me for my laziness in not going to check first before writing this response
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2925745;
    Do they not show the episode online at NBC? Forgive me for my laziness in not going to check first before writing this response
    Nope, nothing at all. Which pisses me off because I would love to watch the episodes over again, especially because I miss most of the episodes.

The Style network use to air reruns, but I don't think they do that anymore.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2925745;
    no, they don't. they have 2 minute video recaps and highlights plus some not shown scenes, but they don't have the full program there.

you might try you tube, though.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;2925918;
    no, they don't. they have 2 minute video recaps and highlights plus some not shown scenes, but they don't have the full program there.

you might try you tube, though.
    Nope, not even there, I don't think.

I know some episodes of the Biggest Loser Australia are on YouTube, but I don't remember ever finding episodes of the American BL.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2925901;
    Nope, nothing at all. Which pisses me off because I would love to watch the episodes over again, especially because I miss most of the episodes.

The Style network use to air reruns, but I don't think they do that anymore.
    try cnbc - seriously, i know they have run repeat episodes of other NBC shows there from time to time.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Thanks everyone! I am not an expert on Utube or getting online episodes unless they are actually on the network website so dummy me googled "biggest loser finale stream" because I know that online videos can be called streams although I have no idea why. Anyway, I clicked on the first few hits on google. One site asked me to download something which I knew I shouldn't do but figured "What the heck, I want to see the finale and if I get a virus I will just have my son come over and fix my computer" -- so I clicked and Whoa! The pictures I saw would embarrass the average gynocologist! LOL

I think I should stick to what I know on computers...I really was not in the market for those kind of images

My VCR somehow had the right time but the wrong day so I totaly missed the finale except for what I checked during some breaks. If the finale is shown anywhere else can someone please post the url. Thanks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread