Thread: 4/15 Live Finale Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 4/15 Live Finale Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;2923118;
    Okay, so here is my understanding of the numbers:

With Bob: 34 pounds
    At home, part 1: 33 pounds
    With Jillian: 32 pounds
    At home, part 2: 13 pounds

So, it seems that Bob beat Jillian by (the theme of this season) one pound!

Seems to me that Bob should be sharing the spotlight, here. Kind of annoys me that NBC is making it seem like Jillian was her trainer all along.

ETA: But, then again, Bob and Jillian were doing that co-training thing for a week or two... But, I still think Bob should be sharing the spotlight.
    I think the trainer who ends up training the contestant at the end will be credited as being their trainer. Like for example, even though Jay & Mark were both sporting Jillian's black color, I still considered Bob as their trainer. Same with Bernie & Brittany. They were both wearing blue, but I still thought of them as being trained by Jillian.

And also, you can make a point with Ali about how she trained with Bob for the first four weeks, but then after she came back, she trained with Jillian for the remained six weeks. So yeah, Jillian trained her for a longer period of time.

About Paul. He has been very sick. One day after being released from a week in the hospital with pneumonia, he had his appendix removed and 6-9 inches of his colon and a colostomy. 8 days later he had another surgery to remove a blood clot and unkink his intestines. So one month later the colostomy goes bad and he is again in surgery #3 to return his colon back to normal. While in the hospital, an infection has taken over his body and has had surgery #4 and #5 to help pump out the infection. Needless to say, he has been in the hospital for 3 weeks this time. He is on his way to recovery and may come home this week. It was real hard for him not to be at the finale. He loves Kelly dearly. That will never change. He would have loved to have been there to be by her side.
    Oh wow, this is horrible! I really hope he can pull through and turn out to be okay.

But thank you punkypower for sharing this news.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2925401;
    I think the trainer who ends up training the contestant at the end will be credited as being their trainer. Like for example, even though Jay & Mark were both sporting Jillian's black color, I still considered Bob as their trainer.
    They weren't sporting Jillian's black. Remember how at the beginning of the show all of the couples had their own colors? Jay and Mark were black. Didn't they always get trained by Bob even when they were technically getting joint training?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2925528;
    They weren't sporting Jillian's black. Remember how at the beginning of the show all of the couples had their own colors? Jay and Mark were black. Didn't they always get trained by Bob even when they were technically getting joint training?
    No.

Okay, so the ten teams had to run up a hill, touch some a flag or something like that, and then run back down and pick a trainer. It was the challenge where the pink team was last (and ended up being forced to work with Bob).

The brothers ended up picking Jillian, and when Jillian handed out the team colored shirts, she chose them to wear black.

Bob did the same thing. He handed out the team colored shirts to his contestants, and he ended up picking Bernie & Brittany to wear blue. Later on in the season, when Bob got to pick his own blue team after beating Jill in the escaltor challenge, he chose the black, grey, and orange teams (leaving purple, blue, and yellow with Jillian). Then Brittany had many confessionals where she expressed her sadness over the fact that Bob didn't even pick the people he chose to wear his color of blue in the beginning.

So yeah, the brothers were trained by Jillian at the beginning, then trained by Bob at the end.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar

My DVR didn't record the finale!! I am heartbroken. Even though I know the outcome, I wanted to see the show to see how the contestants reacted. I really warmed up to Kelly because she seems so innocently amazed that she made the finals...I know she had virtually no chance of winning against powerhouses like Ali, Mark and Roger...but I still ended up liking her. Ali looks great...all of them do. Amazing transformations, huh?
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

What a terrible streak of horrible events for Paul. I hope he is on his way to recovery by all means. He has much too much going against him.

Quote Originally Posted by hott4hill;2922415;
    The whole BMI thing is BS. According to Wiki, with everyones BMI basically everyone is still overweight. Dan, who looked annorexic, is considered "overweight" per the BMI. It really doesn't take in account different sizes and body types.
    But it is such a large margin that they give you. I'm at the tippy-top of my BMI healthy range (I think), but being at the top or very bottom of that range makes no difference health-wise. It is health risks associated with extra or too little weight and is only a guideline.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2927198;
    But it is such a large margin that they give you. I'm at the tippy-top of my BMI healthy range (I think), but being at the top or very bottom of that range makes no difference health-wise. It is health risks associated with extra or too little weight and is only a guideline.
    Yes, but even the margin can be inaccurate. In my case, my healthy BMI is 27, I may not go lower than that, I simply don't have the fat to lose. I am very tall an wear a size 8 which makes me look really really skinny. But I got these 145+ pounds of muscle. There's no way around it, and there shouldn't. It's good to have so much muscle. And I really don't look bulky. Again, it's not a matter of ability to maintain a weight loss, it's simply an issue of healthy proportion of muscle vs. fat. 22-23% of fat is normal for women. Of course there are exceptions in naturally low-fat women who have a more or less ectomorphic body. They can be healthy at lower numbers.

Sheila

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2924032;
    Divide the total pounds lost by their starting weight. You're finding out what percentage of their original weight their total pounds lost is. As an example I lost 103 lbs and my beginning weight was 300 so I lost 34.33%. 103 divided by 300 equals .34333 which is 34.33%.
    Many thanks and congrats on the truly amazing amount lost.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2927757;
    Many thanks and congrats on the truly amazing amount lost.
    I was very pleased a woman won. And it sounds like a healthy looking one at that. I am amazed at how well all the people did. (And Unklescott, too. Dang, he almost lost me!)

(Sheila is right that in athletic women and such, the BMI is not a good indicator. It even says that with athletic women it may over-state fat and with older women (who have lost muscle) it can under-state it. That's why you always check with your doctor. I'm slightly over the healthy range by, like .2. But just a couple of pounds and I am golden again.)

ETA: My hubby just scolded me about checking my BMI. He agrees with Sheila
    Last edited by Allie; 04-17-2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Sheila is right I've decided.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2925627;
    Okay, so the ten teams had to run up a hill, touch some a flag or something like that, and then run back down and pick a trainer. It was the challenge where the pink team was last (and ended up being forced to work with Bob).

The brothers ended up picking Jillian, and when Jillian handed out the team colored shirts, she chose them to wear black.

Bob did the same thing. He handed out the team colored shirts to his contestants, and he ended up picking Bernie & Brittany to wear blue. Later on in the season, when Bob got to pick his own blue team after beating Jill in the escaltor challenge, he chose the black, grey, and orange teams (leaving purple, blue, and yellow with Jillian). Then Brittany had many confessionals where she expressed her sadness over the fact that Bob didn't even pick the people he chose to wear his color of blue in the beginning.

So yeah, the brothers were trained by Jillian at the beginning, then trained by Bob at the end.

Gotcha. I remembered all of the details other than the fact that they got their initial black from Jillian. I was thinking that their colors were already preassigned.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread