+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 4/15 Live Finale Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 4/15 Live Finale Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

It looks like when she got booted in week 4 she was 199... then when she came back she was around 167. (these are ~ish numbers)... so 67lbs total when she comes back sounds accurate. So she lost 32-33 lbs at home and another 13lbs home in the last 6 weeks for 46 out of her 112lbs lost at home. She did great.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2923106;
    It looks like when she got booted in week 4 she was 199... then when she came back she was around 167. (these are ~ish numbers)... so 67lbs total when she comes back sounds accurate. So she lost 32-33 lbs at home and another 13lbs home in the last 6 weeks for 46 out of her 112lbs lost at home. She did great.
    Okay, so here is my understanding of the numbers:

With Bob: 34 pounds
    At home, part 1: 33 pounds
    With Jillian: 32 pounds
    At home, part 2: 13 pounds

So, it seems that Bob beat Jillian by (the theme of this season) one pound!

Seems to me that Bob should be sharing the spotlight, here. Kind of annoys me that NBC is making it seem like Jillian was her trainer all along.

ETA: But, then again, Bob and Jillian were doing that co-training thing for a week or two... But, I still think Bob should be sharing the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by moosemommy1213;2923101;
    I'm fairly sure you divide the pounds lost by the original weight. When I divided Ali's 112 loss by the 231 original weight (think that was her OW, maybe it was 234?) I get 48% which I believe was what the show had.

Glad Ali won. I missed the first 90 minutes of the show due to an appointment but my son taped it so want to watch it with DH tonight and see all the other contestants.
    Thanks much, I am getting the correct percentage now.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;2922941;
    I am soooo glad that a woman has finally won!

However, I don't think full credit should go to Jillian. Ali worked with Bob her first round at the ranch. But, it seems to me that she lost most of her weight on her own. She only worked with Jillian by default after she came back for about 6 weeks. Then she was on her own again.

Does someone have the numbers so that we can see how much she lost in each "phase" of her journey?
    Quote Originally Posted by niteowl64;2922980;
    I was just over at NBC message boards and someone posted that Ali had lost 33 lbs during the 6 weeks she was not on the ranch. Don't know if that is an official number or not. What was she at the weigh in before the finale? 139?134? and she finished at 122. If those numbers are right, she lost close to half her total wieght loss at home. I can't remember her weight lose was when her and Betty Sue got the boot. ofwhat it was when she came back
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2923076;
    I thought when Ali came back to the ranch and weighed in that she had lost 67lbs on her own, while she was home after being kicked off. Sorry I don't know all the numbers either.

Check out the Final Results - Season 5 thread by Crossing Guard it gives the starting and ending wts as well as percentages.

Also the wiki entry for Biggest Loser The Biggest Loser: Couples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it has 3 great charts with all the weight in results and weight lost away from camp for all the contestents.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-16-2008 at 01:54 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

They have an article on her on MSN homepage with Ali and they confirmed she did lose 33 lbs at home before her return

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2922067;
    PS: Does anyone know how the producers figure out the percentage of weight lost??? I divide the amount they weight now by their original weight and my numbers are higher then what is posted on the board.
    Divide the total pounds lost by their starting weight. You're finding out what percentage of their original weight their total pounds lost is. As an example I lost 103 lbs and my beginning weight was 300 so I lost 34.33%. 103 divided by 300 equals .34333 which is 34.33%.

Hi everyone!!

I've been lurking for the last few weeks, and finally got around to registering.

As for Paul, someone who knows the family posted on NBC's BL forum this:

About Paul. He has been very sick. One day after being released from a week in the hospital with pneumonia, he had his appendix removed and 6-9 inches of his colon and a colostomy. 8 days later he had another surgery to remove a blood clot and unkink his intestines. So one month later the colostomy goes bad and he is again in surgery #3 to return his colon back to normal. While in the hospital, an infection has taken over his body and has had surgery #4 and #5 to help pump out the infection. Needless to say, he has been in the hospital for 3 weeks this time. He is on his way to recovery and may come home this week. It was real hard for him not to be at the finale. He loves Kelly dearly. That will never change. He would have loved to have been there to be by her side.

Quote Originally Posted by punkypower;2924190;
    Hi everyone!!

I've been lurking for the last few weeks, and finally got around to registering.

As for Paul, someone who knows the family posted on NBC's BL forum this:
    Wow! The poor guy! I hope it's reversible and it was not due to cancer! I also wonder whether his weight problems may not have been related to his intestinal problems. A family friend had such surgery many many years ago and went from obese to normal. It wasn't weight loss surgery, he really had a medical problem. Regardless, however, Paul is sure to have lost weight with all this mess in his intestinal track, only the poor guy would have never wanted it to be under these circumstances. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Sheila

wow... that is definitely a scary situation. Thanks for posting, punkypower. And welcome to FORT!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

thanks so much for the welcome, Broadway!! <3

I'm so excited to have found the board!

+ Reply to Thread