+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 4/15 Live Finale Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 4/15 Live Finale Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2922614;
    Wasn't Paul at the finale?
    Bearcata... Paul wasn't at the finale. Allison said something about him being very ill, and being too ill to travel. But no mention was made as to what his illness was.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2922698;
    Bearcata... Paul wasn't at the finale. Allison said something about him being very ill, and being too ill to travel. But no mention was made as to what his illness was.
    Hope it wasn't his heart.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oooh, forgot about his issues there. I was wondering if it was further complications from the diabetes that he was hospitalized with when he went home.

"Too bad to travel" is serious. As much of an immature pita that I found him, I don't like to hear that anyone is having significant health problems. I wish for him the best.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2922757;
    Oooh, forgot about his issues there. I was wondering if it was further complications from the diabetes that he was hospitalized with when he went home.
    I thought he was hospitalized with pneumonia when he returned from campus?

I heard that his current problems have to do with his esophagus (not sure if that is true or not, however).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

OOoops... pneumonia. I was thinking of his steroid treatments and then mentioned diabetes. Sheesh, me. sorry!

FORT Fanatic

I am soooo glad that a woman has finally won!

However, I don't think full credit should go to Jillian. Ali worked with Bob her first round at the ranch. But, it seems to me that she lost most of her weight on her own. She only worked with Jillian by default after she came back for about 6 weeks. Then she was on her own again.

Does someone have the numbers so that we can see how much she lost in each "phase" of her journey?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;2922941;
    I am soooo glad that a woman has finally won!

However, I don't think full credit should go to Jillian. Ali worked with Bob her first round at the ranch. But, it seems to me that she lost most of her weight on her own. She only worked with Jillian by default after she came back for about 6 weeks. Then she was on her own again.

Does someone have the numbers so that we can see how much she lost in each "phase" of her journey?
    I was just over at NBC message boards and someone posted that Ali had lost 33 lbs during the 6 weeks she was not on the ranch. Don't know if that is an official number or not. What was she at the weigh in before the finale? 139?134? and she finished at 122. If those numbers are right, she lost close to half her total wieght loss at home. I can't remember her weight lose was when her and Betty Sue got the boot. ofwhat it was when she came back

FORT Fanatic

Congrats to Ali!!!
    She looked so darn good.

Now for Paul, I am so bad, I wasn't thinking real health problems, the first thing that entered my mind was that he may have gained his weight back so he didn't want to show up. It makes me mad that I can think such negative thoughts sometimes. I hope he gets better.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by niteowl64;2922980;
    I was just over at NBC message boards and someone posted that Ali had lost 33 lbs during the 6 weeks she was not on the ranch. Don't know if that is an official number or not. What was she at the weigh in before the finale? 139?134? and she finished at 122. If those numbers are right, she lost close to half her total wieght loss at home. I can't remember her weight lose was when her and Betty Sue got the boot. ofwhat it was when she came back
    I thought when Ali came back to the ranch and weighed in that she had lost 67lbs on her own, while she was home after being kicked off. Sorry I don't know all the numbers either.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2922067;
    PS: Does anyone know how the producers figure out the percentage of weight lost??? I divide the amount they weight now by their original weight and my numbers are higher then what is posted on the board.

I'm fairly sure you divide the pounds lost by the original weight. When I divided Ali's 112 loss by the 231 original weight (think that was her OW, maybe it was 234?) I get 48% which I believe was what the show had.

Glad Ali won. I missed the first 90 minutes of the show due to an appointment but my son taped it so want to watch it with DH tonight and see all the other contestants.

+ Reply to Thread