+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 4/15 Live Finale Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar

Re: 4/15 Live Finale Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

And maybe if they did not take so many commercial breaks we would get to watch them celebrate a bit more.
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

Yay Ali! And Yay Bernie he was even more than Roger, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2921882;
    Congratulations Ali! Well done Roger and Kelly too! You know, Kelly lost what? 16 more pounds after she went home? After the doctor telling her to slow down the workouts. Imagine if she was going at full throttle, she could've brought it home!
    They only had 6 weeks after going home, normally it's about 4 months. Usually filming gets done at the end of the summer and they have until Sept to Nov/Dec to lose the weight.

Kelly had to take off over 30 pounds in the ammount of time, which is almost 5 a week.

It's good to see that Ali won it fair and square. Regardless of everything, she beat the entire cast. Bill last year didn't even lose the most, Neil and his brother both beat him. Although I'm sure he wasn't as motivated as the girls were really far behind, although Julie almost caught up.

After all that talk of Rodger being the threat, Mark actually BEAT him in percentages. Although there was a huge difference between Mark and Ali. Ali looked extremely toned and slim, Mark looked like a skeleton and it was really gross.

The whole BMI thing is BS. According to Wiki, with everyones BMI basically everyone is still overweight. Dan, who looked annorexic, is considered "overweight" per the BMI. It really doesn't take in account different sizes and body types.

I'm so happy for Ali! Finally, a woman wins the our version of the Biggest Loser. I would have preferred it to be Kelly, but I liked Ali also.

And yeah, I find it so funny that Mark beat Roger, and everyone (including me) wanted Mark to be in the final three with the girls because we thought that he would be less competiton. So much for that.

And yay for Bernie winning the at-home challenge. He was so emotional when he won. It was a victory for Jillian both times. Gosh, it does bring up the question of, "When will Bob ever beat Jillian?" She's pretty much a powerhouse right now.

You know, speaking of Jillian, she had an interview where she stated that the producers were kind of out to get her, and by that, she meant that they tried to do things to make Bob win. She was saying something like, "I know it would make good TV and all, but me and my girls have had it tough, with the producers and some of the guys picking on my girls," (I don't remember much about the guys picking on the girls, but if I do find the article again, I'll post back).

Some of her examples were the time when Bob got to choose his team, and the fact that America got to vote for the third person. I love Jillian and I prefer her over Bob much more, but those examples didn't do her argument justice. She could have won the escaltor challenge and get to choose her team, so that really wasn't an instance where the producers got to manipulate things (well, maybe a little, because maybe they thought that Bob would have more stamina with this challenge, which in fact he did). And America's vote could have benefitted her just as well if one of her girls were to be below the bottom line.

If the producers really did try to change things, then it didn't work. Jillian prevailed through yet again! She's 4 for 4. Congrats to her and everyone else on the show, especially Ali!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by hott4hill;2922415;
    The whole BMI thing is BS. According to Wiki, with everyones BMI basically everyone is still overweight. Dan, who looked anorexic, is considered "overweight" per the BMI. It really doesn't take in account different sizes and body types.
    You are absolutely right! According to the charts I should be weighing 150-160 pounds. All my life I was trying to get there and stay there to no avail. Well, one fine day I had a real body composition test which showed that I have naturally higher percentage of muscle than women my age. I carry 145 pounds of muscle which doesn't show bulky at all, and that to that I have to add 22-23% body at. That brings my ideal weight to 180 pounds!! And when I weigh this much I am a size 8 too!

Sheila

Quote Originally Posted by sheila;2922560;
    You are absolutely right! According to the charts I should be weighing 150-160 pounds. All my life I was trying to get there and stay there to no avail. Well, one fine day I had a real body composition test which showed that I have naturally higher percentage of muscle than women my age. I carry 145 pounds of muscle which doesn't show bulky at all, and that to that I have to add 22-23% body at. That brings my ideal weight to 180 pounds!! And when I weigh this much I am a size 8 too!

Sheila
    Our Wellness Department at work does an electric impedience (sp?) test twice a yr to measure a person's BMI. You get results that show how many pounds of muscle you carry how much water etc... and like you I carry 130 lbs of muscle with the necessary body fat I need to weight 170 to be in the 22% range. This test gives a person a much more realistic result than the BMI chart which is basically the old ht vs wt chart that has been around for yrs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Does anyone have the before and after wts of all the teams? Is it listed somewhere? I was over on the Biggest Loser site and there is nothing listed over there.

Crossing Guard made a new thread showing the results.

Wasn't Paul at the finale?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-16-2008 at 08:36 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

i am still in shock, congrats to Ali , she did it, I almost have to remind myself how great she did.
    I automatically assumed roger was going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by madbanana;2922293;
    And maybe if they did not take so many commercial breaks we would get to watch them celebrate a bit more.

We were saying the same thing. Aren't they going to talk to her??! nope

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2921912;
    Petite really has nothing to do with weight. Only height. Drives me crazy when people say petite and they mean thin. There are double-digit petite sizes out there.
    Drive you crazy, it may... but "petite" does not mean "5'4 and below" to anyone other than certain clothing manufacturers. The true definition of petite means small and slender. And Ali's 5'5 would still be considered "small" by anyone other than said clothing manufacturers and people that have been suckered into believing that definition.

Even within clothing manufacturers you'll find "petite" means something different. Some have 28 inch inseams, some have 29 inch inseams, the rare few have 27 inch inseams. I am 5'0 and it is rare that I can find petite pants short enough to fit my 27.5 inseam. Am I sub-petite?

Definition of petite:

1. (of a woman) short and having a small, trim figure; diminutive.
    –noun 2. a category of clothing sized for women or girls of less than average height and with average or diminutive figures.
    3. a garment in such a size: The petites are on that rack.
    4. a woman or girl who wears clothing of such a size.
    pe·tite Audio Help (pə-tēt') Pronunciation Key
    adj. Small, slender, and trim. Used of a girl or woman. See Synonyms at small.

n. A clothing size for short slender women.
    petite

adjective
    1. very small; "diminutive in stature"; "a lilliputian chest of drawers"; "her petite figure"; "tiny feet"; "the flyspeck nation of Bahrain moved toward democracy" [syn: bantam]

noun
    1. a garment size for short or slender women
    Petite

Pe*tite"\, a. [F., fem. of petit.] Small, little; of a woman or girl, of small size and trim figure.
    Last edited by Broadway; 04-16-2008 at 09:11 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread