+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 4/15 Live Finale Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 4/15 Live Finale Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2921912;
    Petite really has nothing to do with weight. Only height. Drives me crazy when people say petite and they mean thin. There are double-digit petite sizes out there.
    I wouldn't describe petite as height more of a proportion. I have shorter arms and inseam. I am petite proportioned but not thin by anymeans. On me a regular pant leg is way too long and so is a shirt sleeve or jacket. I also have a short rise. A regular rise pant hits me above my natural waist line and I always feel as if I have too much pant on. Lane Bryant carries petite plus sizes but they go fast.

PS: Does anyone know how the producers figure out the percentage of weight lost??? I divide the amount they weight now by their original weight and my numbers are higher then what is posted on the board.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-15-2008 at 11:51 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

I wouldn't describe her as thin either. Fit, healthy, in shape is what she is. To me, thin implies underweight or skin and bones and she wasn't that by any means

Quote Originally Posted by niteowl64;2921795;
    Anyone notice when the weight was going back and forth 87 pounds hit the screen right before her final weight
    lol yes, i could hear roger in the background laughing about that
    i am so glad for ali! the biggest loser finale is always one of my favourite moments on tv

Quote Originally Posted by niteowl64;2922048;
    I think Ali beat the entire cast for weight loss. If Mark where in F3 instead of Roger, she'd have beaten him as well? Can't remember the exact percentages now-it was close. Great win for Ali, first female winner and never went below the yellow line once
    Yes, Ali would have beat Mark too. I don't remember EXACT percentages but Ali was 47-point-something. Bernie was 45-point-something and Mark missed Bernie's total by 1 pound. So yes, Ali beat them all!

I couldn't help but cry every time they showed Ali. I guess I identify with her and her struggles and she is such an inspiration to me. I've lost 60 pounds in the last year, so seeing Ali do it reminds me that I CAN hit my goal weight. I just have to keep going!

GO ALI!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm really glad Ali won. I love it because it really is easier for men to lose weight than women, so she had to work much harder to beat all those guys. Good for you Ali, enjoy the money and your new life.

Ali really made me understand how we all hide behind our weight. If we don't like ourselves, we make it hard for others to either. I'm so proud of her!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by vanillalatte;2922134;
    Yes, Ali would have beat Mark too. I don't remember EXACT percentages but Ali was 47-point-something. Bernie was 45-point-something and Mark missed Bernie's total by 1 pound. So yes, Ali beat them all!

I couldn't help but cry every time they showed Ali. I guess I identify with her and her struggles and she is such an inspiration to me. I've lost 60 pounds in the last year, so seeing Ali do it reminds me that I CAN hit my goal weight. I just have to keep going!

GO ALI!!! CONGRATULATIONS!
    Vanillalatte, CONGRATULATIONS! Of course you can make it to goal! Cheers to you all the way...

Sheila

I was so surprised that Bernie beat Mark out for the at home biggest loser by a single pound. That was very impressive!! I was so pleased to see that. It definitely made me smile. I guess Mark did get a lot of perks throughout the show, but nothing like the big money.

So glad that a woman finally won. As much as I wished it would have been Kelly, Ali did show that it can be done. Good for her. She looked good.

We've been discussing the amount of time it takes the players to lose the weight on the show. Ali said they'd been at the ranch for 131 days. That's almost 19 weeks. Then another six weeks at home means 25 weeks or almost six months for the entire program! Impressive. So yes, their weeks are a little longer than 7 days since they were there for almost 19 weeks and supposedly left for home after week 15. I wonder why they are doing this. Is there a purpose?

Sheila

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar

When Mark was weighing in my hubby was like "129!!!" and sure enough one pound!
    I wanted ali and bernie to win but i honestly did not think they would.
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

+ Reply to Thread