+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/8 show discussion **spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 4/8 show discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;2904665;
    Wow .... those sorts of losses this far into the show just don't seem ... healthy.
    It seems a bit suspect to me. Kelly says the only time she ever lost 15 lbs. in a week was the first week, and then to lose 13 lbs. (which is what she needed to guarantee her place in the finals) the final week. I am just saying.

FORT Regular

i was so shocked ali and kellie lost more weight than the boys....good for them.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Linkers;2904921;
    I voted for Roger

1-For some reason I dont like either one of the girls
    2-I think Roger still has enough weight to lose to win it over them

I am with you Linkers. I use to like ALi, but she has grated on my nerves these past few weeks.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;2904949;
    It seems too grey to me. And it leaves them completely open for the producers to pick whoever the heck they want. So, if I had some cash, I'd lay my bets on Mark being in the finale.
    They want a female winner as much as most of the viewing audience... those who they've spent all season telling us are the underdogs (they weren't).
    They're trying to set up a real grand finale.
    Cynical, huh?

Good point. I thought the same thing. The producers rather than the contestants are the real ring leaders here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2905534;
    Does anyone know in real time how much time has passed since the show last night? Is it reasonable to expect another 30 - 40 lbs weight loss from either Kelly or Ali to beat Roger or Mark? Their totals are pretty far apart.

Roger 144
    Mark 116
    Ali 99
    Kelly 94
    You know, I really don't think Ali has anything left to lose. She is almost too thin already.
    Kelly could probably lose another 10-15 pounds, but she is getting down to the healthy weight range.
    Mark is probably at his healthy weight range, and so I don;t see him losing much if anything at home.

Roger on the other hand, could probably still lose another 20 pounds and look good.

Of all of them....I personally like Roger the best, so he gets my vote.
    "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"

Quote Originally Posted by gauc_girl;2905691;
    It's always seemed a bit unfair to me too that one of the non-finalists gets $100k when their weight loss percentage might not be as much as a finalist that doesn't win. Or do all the non-winning finalists get $100k too?

I agree with you, gauc girl. Yes, the person that lost the most weight from those that got sent home has won $100,000 while the #2 and #3 people that remained at the ranch won something like $50,000 and $25,000. I don't think that's fair, either.

The only time that it seemed fairly appropriate was when Poppy won... because she was rewarded for losing the most weight all on her own without the benefit of the ranch at all. Those that were on the ranch but got booted shouldn't win more than the #2 and #3 people.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2905534;
    Does anyone know in real time how much time has passed since the show last night? Is it reasonable to expect another 30 - 40 lbs weight loss from either Kelly or Ali to beat Roger or Mark? Their totals are pretty far apart.

Roger 144
    Mark 116
    Ali 99
    Kelly 94
    With the way they do it (based on percentage weight lost), Roger is actually not the biggest loser. Ali is.

Ali 42.3%
    Mark 40.7%
    Roger 39.7%
    Kelly 34.3%

As far as real time, Mark indicated that the time away had been about 5 months. I've seen a couple of blogs that indicate the same, which would mean they only have about 6 weeks or less to lose more weight before the finale.

Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2906235;
    I agree with you, gauc girl. Yes, the person that lost the most weight from those that got sent home has won $100,000 while the #2 and #3 people that remained at the ranch won something like $50,000 and $25,000. I don't think that's fair, either.

The only time that it seemed fairly appropriate was when Poppy won... because she was rewarded for losing the most weight all on her own without the benefit of the ranch at all. Those that were on the ranch but got booted shouldn't win more than the #2 and #3 people.
    I felt the same way until I read your post. Then it hit me. Many players get sent home due to game play, not performance and it is great that they are rewarded for continuing their wieght loss without the benefit of the ranch, trainers, etc.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Any legal resident of the US, 13-years-of- age or older with a valid e-mail address may vote online for the Biggest Loser contestant you believe should be one of the three finalists competing for the $250,000 grand prize. However, voting is currently limited to one hundred (100) votes per e-mail address. All questions regarding any voting issue will be determined by nbc.com in its sole discretion.
    This is the information from NBC....

vote for who you want to be in the final three....and you get 100 votes per email....
    "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2905815;
    The votes appear to be a dead heat so far, so it's a toss up. Get over there and vote, people! (NBC doesn't make it very easy to do. I felt like I was filling out a US government form! )
    How can you tell the voting so far?

+ Reply to Thread