+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/8 show discussion **spoilers**

Re: 4/8 show discussion **spoilers**

Wow. Can't believe those numbers at this stage!

In my opinion, both Mark and Ali are DONE losing weight. They are both in danger of being unhealthily thin if they continue. Mark is 169, and that is already slightly thin for his height. I thought he looked good at 185. Someone said they see Ali at 120 . . .I just do not see 15 more pounds coming off that tiny body. If she's 5'5", then 135 is perfect for her, especially since she's been working out. I think it may be a case of both of them peaking just a little too early.

Kelly and Roger both have, realistically, 30 pounds or more to go. The transformations on those two could still amaze. Once outside the rigorously controlled environment of the ranch, they are all going to experience some weight loss slowdown--it is inevitable. Which will hurt the littler people far more than Kelly or Rog.

What a kick in the head for Roger to have the biggest overall pounds lost and possibly not be in the final! I want to reward him for his hard work, and yet, if Roger is in the finals, he will almost certainly take the pie. To help Kelly to a win (my wish) I'd need to vote for Mark, and I'm kinda choking on that prospect. So I haven't cast a vote yet. Never would've dreamed that BOTH girls would be in over Roger! It is an advantage to be big, but only to a point.

The 'Bama Slamma' will be his easygoing, happy self regardless of what happens . . .I think these girls are hungry this year. Whatever happens, Mark will cry . . .

Can't wait to see how it plays . . .

I voted for Mark. As someone said that is who Kelly and Ali would have picked to be in the final.

Mark looks terrible A Doctor or someone should be stepping in here why haven't they??! That can not be a healthy weight for him.

That said I want Kelly to win since Ali had been voted off.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;2904703;
    I wonder if this was one of those Biggest Loser weeks that's longer than 7 days? (They have some that are 10-11 days) ...
    Mark mentioned it having lasted 5 months but elsewhere they referred to the whole shebang as being 15 weeks. Now unless the Biggest Loser operates in some alternate universe where 3 weeks = a month, it is fair to assume that many of the weeks last longer than 7 days. And I wouldn't be surprised if this week was one of them.

I found it a bit suspicious that Roger needed to lose 15 pounds to get the record and, lo and behold, he lost exactly 15 pounds. Hmmm.

Glad that Ali and Kelly came in 1 - 2, respectively. That's great.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2905595;
    Whatever happens, Mark will cry . . .
    I totally agree!

I also voted for Mark because I think that gives one of the girls the best shot. Among the 4 of them, Ali is currently the Biggest Loser overall as she has lost 42% of her initial body weight and Mark is second at 40%. I was surprised when I did the numbers that the leader wasn't Roger. Kelly has the most left to lose and I'm hoping she'll drop some big numbers in the time that's left. I was totally thrilled for her being guaranteed a spot in the finale.

As to how much time there is between when last night's show was filmed and next week's finale, I'm guessing it's around 6 or 7 weeks. The week that Paul was eliminated was week 8 and that would have been the week of New Year's based on the casting group's blog on the NBC website. Last night was week 15, so would put them going home somewhere in the third week of February or maybe into the 4th week. Of course that assumes that each week on the show really represents 7 days. There may have been some longer "weeks" to allow for travel (like going to Vegas and then to Australia). At any rate, there can't be a huge amount of time in between. I think the most stunning difference may be in Kelly.

Can't wait for next week!

FORT Newbie

I don't have a strong feeling as to who I want to win or be in the finals. That said, I do think the twist is unfair to Ali and Kelly. They've both fought to be above the yellow line for 3 weigh-ins in a row and now they don't get to vote for who is in the finals.

But I think the absolutley worst outcome of this twist is how it will affect future BL series. If contestants think America is eventually going to have a say in whether they stay or not, they are going to be a lot more gaurded in their behavior and private interviews. We are not going to get to know them nearly as much. Not fun for a reality show.

Do they still give $100k for the "at home" Biggest Loser. Who do you guys think will take that home? I don't know all the numbers at hand. It would be nice if it were the guy who was Britney's teammate (I'm bad at names, sorry) or Rodger if he doesn't make it to the finals. It's always seemed a bit unfair to me too that one of the non-finalists gets $100k when their weight loss percentage might not be as much as a finalist that doesn't win. Or do all the non-winning finalists get $100k too?

Quote Originally Posted by gauc_girl;2905691;
    I don't have a strong feeling as to who I want to win or be in the finals. That said, I do think the twist is unfair to Ali and Kelly. They've both fought to be above the yellow line for 3 weigh-ins in a row and now they don't get to vote for who is in the finals.

But I think the absolutley worst outcome of this twist is how it will affect future BL series. If contestants think America is eventually going to have a say in whether they stay or not, they are going to be a lot more gaurded in their behavior and private interviews. We are not going to get to know them nearly as much. Not fun for a reality show.

Do they still give $100k for the "at home" Biggest Loser. Who do you guys think will take that home? I don't know all the numbers at hand. It would be nice if it were the guy who was Britney's teammate (I'm bad at names, sorry) or Rodger if he doesn't make it to the finals. It's always seemed a bit unfair to me too that one of the non-finalists gets $100k when their weight loss percentage might not be as much as a finalist that doesn't win. Or do all the non-winning finalists get $100k too?
    As far as I know the non-winning finalists get nothing, even if they have lost more weight than the players that have been sent home.

Also has anyone kept track of how much money Mark and Rodger won from the challenges? Mark won a lot that way he must have $20,000 or $30,000 in prize money.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, I wrestled with my conscience (just a little) and cast a vote for Roger. I guess I have 99 chances to reconsider . . .

As much as I really am rooting for Kelly to be the first female winner, and as much as the girls would prefer to compete against Mark and improve their chances . . . in all decency, can we really deny a finale slot to the man who has set the BL pounds-lost record? I don't see how that would in any way be fair or sporting. Apparently the BL producers don't give a hang for fair or sporting, so America must interject some into the proceedings, however we can.

I am still rooting for Kelly to win, but if she wins, let it be squarely against her toughest competition and not through some gift of fate. If she defeats Roger, there will be no question that she deserved the win. Same goes for Ali. I feel that Mark's continued presence on the show has been a manipulation of events, since he was already eliminated once. If Roger gets a berth in the finals (the only decent outcome, IMHO), yes, that will jeopardize a female win--but it also may motivate the girls to work that much harder, too. There is a danger that once home in Alabama, land of gravy and biscuits, that Roger will NOT maintain his 15-pound weight loss weeks. There is no guarantee that simply because he is the biggest man that he won't still lose by a matter of a few pounds. It is very possible.

In any case, I think this only proves that they need to rethink the prize distribution. Maybe they need to think about awarding a 'Greatest Pounds Lost" prize and a "Greatest Body Weight Percentage Lost". I just can't imagine the heartbreak of being eliminated so close to the finish line. It would be much easier to be eliminated in one of the early weeks than to set a record, only to be booted.

The votes appear to be a dead heat so far, so it's a toss up. Get over there and vote, people! (NBC doesn't make it very easy to do. I felt like I was filling out a US government form! )

Quote Originally Posted by gauc_girl;2905691;
    It's always seemed a bit unfair to me too that one of the non-finalists gets $100k when their weight loss percentage might not be as much as a finalist that doesn't win. Or do all the non-winning finalists get $100k too?
    Last year Bill's twin had a higher percentage of weight loss than Bill (the winner). The 2nd & 3rd place contestants have won $, I just don't recall how much.

I really hope that Kelly can pull off a victory. I think she and Mark have had the biggest total transformations. Not just in weight loss, but in strength of character. I think she has a lot more weight to lose and hope that she doesn't pull an Isabeau and not do much with her time a home.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I need to amend my earlier comment about Mark's continued presence being a manipulation; if that is true (which I believe it is), the same goes for Ali being brought back. Though I can more easily justify her being there since when she was eliminated, it was as part of a package with her mother, and not due to her own weight-loss failure. Also, she was toiling at home and sustaining her weight loss on her own for many, many more weeks than Mark. Mark was actually absent from the ranch for what . . .one week?

Be that as it may, I think a vote for Roger is the purer vote because only he and Kelly are the two contestants who were never sent home. Based on Roger's record, his weight loss numbers and his never having fallen below the yellow line before, keeping him out of the finals in favor of Mark would be a travesty.

Just my humble opinion. That said . . .Go Kelly!

I have only watched this season - and last year's last few episodes...

I told my sister I did not think it was fair that the at home loser could beat the other three...she said in each season - the at home loser would have beat the other two anyway...

+ Reply to Thread