+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Biggest Loser 3/25 Recap: How much would YOU pay for a pound?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Biggest Loser 3/25 Recap: How much would YOU pay for a pound?

We begin this week's 2 hour loserfest with Jillian taking pointers from Mark and cries about losing Brittany. Oh, get over it. Bob on the other hand, is thrilled to see the 4 blue horsemen in tact. He wants to change up Jay's routine in particular and change up the diet. They have been avoiding carbs to hopefully lose weight and if I could read Bob's adorable mind I think I would hear "have I taught you nothing? You need FUEL!". So he's adding some more complex carbs back in their diets.

HostAli comes into the kitchen unexpectedly and tells them she needs them all in the elimination room in 5 minutes. Anxiety abounds.

The silver tray has gotten bigger and it sits on the table in front of them. HostAli tells them they are playing for what is under the tray, but in typical dramatic fashion, we don't get to find out what it actually is. They have to have a Pop Quiz! I half expected David Lee Roth to come out and sing "Hot for Teacher" as HostAli put on her little black reading glasses. He didn't. So you have to answer the questions. You get it wrong, you're out.

Q. How many calories do you need to burn to equal 1 pound
    A. 3500.
    They all get it correct

Q. When he returned to campus a few weeks ago, how much weight had Curtis lost?
    A. 100
    Kelly answered 104 - out
    Ali answered 88 - out
    Mark answered 101 - out by ONE POUND

The next question is the closest without going over.
    Q. How many calories are in 1 cup of fat free strawberry yogurt?
    A. 200
    Dan answered 100
    Jay answered 60
    Roger answered 60

Dan wins. He gets to take the hot teacher home!! Nawww, just kidding. He gets a piece of cake. Yup folks, all those mentally challenging questions for a piece of 600 calorie cake. He can do with it what he wishes, including eating it, but HostAli suggests bringing it to the next challenge *in tact* would be the best decision. No licking the frosting!

Dan's afraid of the cake snatchers, so he takes it everywhere with him, including the gym. It even rides the treadmill. Bob's not amused. Bob's on a bit of a tirade and really working the fellas hard and Mark's not happy about it saying it's his hardest workout yet.

On to dinner where the 4 blue guys cook and don't invite Kelly. Apparently, this is 10th grade. Meanwhile, Jillian is off torturing Ali on the treadmill. After dinner, Dan, Jay and Mark go to take an evening walk and Roger comes and finds them to tell Dan the cake went AWOL. Maybe Mr. Cake didn't want to become low calorie sitting on a treadmill!

Dan returns and finds a ransom note on his bed
    "Dan, I know the location of your precious cake. Kelly, the black team survivor"

So he goes to find her and she's in the shower. Dan barges into her room anyway and asks about the cake and it's whereabouts. She claims to have no idea what he's talking about. He then confronts Ali who just bursts out laughing. Kelly said if it were her, she would hide the cake in the dishwasher because he would never find it in there because he doesn't ever do the dishes (sounds a wee bit like Mr. MaryBethP).

Everyone's having a good laugh at Dan's expense - telling him he should check the laundry room too since he would never find it in there, to which he replies "you guys are ass*****s" Yup, in the corner of the laundry room sits the big silver tray. Roger fesses up and tells Dan that it was he who hid the cake - they tell him he must protect the cake!

Jillian sends a little gift to the girls....aka...product placement. This time it's Orville Redenbacher 100 calorie smart pop popcorn and a movie. They share with the boys

We finally move on to the challenge. They are in a large sporting arena and they're shaking in their Nike's.

Everyone has a table and they have to run up and down the stairs and grab food from the various concession stands one at a time. They then have to put it on someone else's table. When they are finished, they will count the calories on the table. Whoever has the fewest calories will win $10,000.

Dan's precious cake comes into play. He gets to place it on someone's table and immediately start them off with 600 calories. He chooses Kelly. They begin the challenge and the boys have a pow-wow and decide to load the girls up. They basically don't want to turn on each other, so they load Kelly and Ali's table all the while actually eating some of the food under the guise of "fuel". Bob would not be happy.

So we have some totals:
    Kelly 15,061 calories
    Ali 14,327 calories
    Dan 5,736 calories
    Mark 5,612 calories
    Roger 4,895 calories
    Jay 4,480 calories

Jay wins the $10,000 and immediately says he'll take his wife on a nice vacation. Not so fast Beantown Boy. HostAli offers him a 1 pound pass at this week's weigh in in exchange for the money. Uh oh. A $10,000 pound.

TrainerTip! Pack a snack when going to a sporting event - much better choices when you bring your own. Sure, Bob, if you want to get the crap kicked out of you!

We return from commercial and Jay's still contemplating the offer. He actually has until the weigh in to decide. Even Bob thinks he should take the pound.

Bob then discusses old habits and we have a Quaker Weight Control oatmeal product placement. Then we move to the last chance workout. Jillian really wants the girls to have a taste of victory. Bob turns into Sgt. Bob and goes commando on the guys and tortures them, military style.

TrainerTip! Jillian wants you to drink more water. Like we haven't heard that before.

So we head to weigh in and Jay has to finally decide about his $10,000. He decides to take his wife on vacation....with his own money....and he takes the pound.

Jay started at 293/ last week 206/ this week 201 (-5) 2.91% (with the 1 pound added in)
    Roger started at 363/ last week 242/ this week 236 (-6) 2.48%
    Dan started at 310/ last week 199/ this week 198 (-1) 0.50%
    Mark started at 285/ last week 185/ this week 181 (-4) 2.16%
    Ali started at 234/ last week 155/ this week 149 (-6) 3.87%
    Kelly started at 271/ last week 199/ this week 192 (-7) 3.52%

Girl power! Ali and Kelly finished 1 and 2. Mark and Dan fall below the yellow line.

Dan is devastated as he's never been in this situation before. One hour until elimination. Now would be a good time for Tums product placement, but they didn't ask me.

We get a bit of the rewind of Mark's tears and blubbering. I'm really tiring of these men bawling all the time.

Ali votes Dan
    Kelly votes Dan
    Roger votes Dan
    Jay's vote isn't necessary (I hear he voted Mark. Ha ha ha ha!)

Dan is NOT the biggest loser. The guys all hug him and tell him how much they all love each other and it was so great to watch him grow up blahblahblahblah

Dan has lost 112 pounds on the ranch and Jackie's SO proud of him. But as soon as the Biggest Loser wrapped up, Dan moved to LA to pursue his dream of music. The weight had always held him back. He's lost a total of 125 pounds, which is 13 more since leaving the ranch and ultimately wants to lose 15 more pounds.

Next week: Throw the shrimp on the barbie - we're going down under!
    Last edited by marybethp; 03-26-2008 at 05:20 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Biggest Loser 2/25 Recap: How much would YOU pay for a pound?

Great recap--thanks!!
    I'm not sure being in LA is the best thing to be doing while still trying to win TBL, but at least he has continued losing.

Re: Biggest Loser 2/25 Recap: How much would YOU pay for a pound?

Great recap but no picking on Mr. Marybethp or I am telling!!!! LOL!

Re: Biggest Loser 3/25 Recap: How much would YOU pay for a pound?

Did I actually hear this correctly? Didn't Dan say that he didn't want to be the "really big guy with the great voice?" I'm wondering if he continues to lose weight if he'll lose all the fat in his ears and actually be able to hear properly.

Great recap (and funnier than the show!)

FORT Fanatic

Great re-cap and enjoyable to read!
    Has anyone bothered to check out the calories in yogurt? Ours is not "fat free" and has 120 calories in 6 ounces. This kind of bugged me that theirs would have 200.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I just had a "99% fat free" Columbo yoghurt (which is bigger than a Dannon...has 8 ou.) with blueberry flavor. It's 220 calories. It's 2nd incredient is sugar, and it's also got high fructose corn syrup, corn starch, etc. Why did I buy this I'm wondering?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2883372;
    I just had a "99% fat free" Columbo yoghurt (which is bigger than a Dannon...has 8 ou.) with blueberry flavor. It's 220 calories. It's 2nd incredient is sugar, and it's also got high fructose corn syrup, corn starch, etc. Why did I buy this I'm wondering?
    PWS,
    I am also wondering, why did you buy this???

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2882735;
    Great re-cap and enjoyable to read!
    Has anyone bothered to check out the calories in yogurt? Ours is not "fat free" and has 120 calories in 6 ounces. This kind of bugged me that theirs would have 200.
    It bothered me too!! The yougurt I eat is Danone sugar free vanilla yougurt. 100 calories in an entire cup. I'm not sure how many ounces that is, but that's certainly a lot better than 200 by far.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Mea culpa, poohtz! Just rushing to the office, passing a food stall at work, having to grab something that I could eat really quickly. I don't usually eat yoghurt, love blueberries. The moral of course, READ before you buy!

+ Reply to Thread