+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 3/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;2869839;
    I think Kelly has really blossomed (for lack of a better word) since Paul left. I see her confidence growing each week.

I also loved that Ali called the guys on their overkill--looked them straight in the eye and called them on it. I think if she had a "teacher finger," she would have used it on them. They needed to be scolded.
    I really noticed Kelly's growing self confidence durng last weeks confessionals and weightins. It was beautiful to watch. I also do think that the producers do tend to pick up on the contestents feelings and attitudes and do ask them specific loaded questions that we the viewing audience do not hear but after editing we tend to see specific types of behavior from certain individuals and therefore paint them as a certain type of character. So I do take some of the behavior and confessionals with a grain of salt. I am glad though that Kelly is growing as a person. I do think this entire process was very emotional for her especially being with Paul. It is interesting to watch her emerge as a stronger person both inside and out.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2869925;
    . I also do think that the producers do tend to pick up on the contestants feelings and attitudes and do ask them specific loaded questions that we the viewing audience do not hear but after editing we tend to see specific types of behavior from certain individuals and therefore paint them as a certain type of character. So I do take some of the behavior and confessionals with a grain of salt.
    Oh, I agree, totally! We'd be foolish to think that we, as the audience, weren't being manipulated to believe certain things about each person. Mark's "character" is a perfect example. At the beginning of the season, he was portrayed as hard-a**. Now, he is the crier who didn't like how he was being portrayed (as the hard-a**) when he went home (I think being able to see that was actually a little gift because he is now more savvy about how to respond).

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2868691;
    Taking one for the team? BAH.... he created his own mess this week. He shouldn't have been there with Mark. He's taking one for his own stupidity.
    I totally agree. I should have said "taking one for the team" in quotes- I meant it sarcastically. I've just thought their whole blue-team-pride thing has been so over-the-top that they haven't thought of what would serve them well as individuals.

If Dan hadn't been so caught up in the being part of the boys' club, he could have broken up the strongest alliance of two that is still there. He probably would have gone home last night anyway (because he is the bigger threat between him and Mark). But maybe if he had shown Brittany some support and gotten rid of Jay last week when he had the chance, she might have swayed the other girls. Who knows?

With Mark and Jay still together, now Roger is the odd man out. Not that he'll ever fall below the yellow line anyways...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;2869839;
    I also loved that Ali called the guys on their overkill--looked them straight in the eye and called them on it. I think if she had a "teacher finger," she would have used it on them. They needed to be scolded.
    I agree but how great was the outcome? Roger lost out on $10,000 for 1 single ice cream. Jay won the $ but sold it for the pound pass and he would have not have been below the yellow line if he had taken the cash. Dan and Mark basically threw away their chance at the money by sticking together as well. To top it off all 4 guys were were stealing bites of junk food, which doesn't help your weight lose. The guys lost out all the way around for their dog piling on the women. Cosmic payback

Dan has been more smug than cocky and it's grown as the competition progressed. He was due to plateau. It was great to see all his gloating come back to bite him in the butt. I think Ali has a serious shot at winning this. She could still lose 15 lbs and be at a great wegiht. Kelly and Roger are the threats. Those 2 still have more weight to lose than the other 3 do- one of them will go next week if either falls below the yellow line

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by earlthegray;2868726;
    Dan didn't want to be "the big guy with the great voice"? Well, regardless of his size, he doesn't need to worry about that.
    . He sound so off key when he was singing his sorry a$$ tune during the Vegas trip. It was horrible. He had the worse voice ever, and who told him he could sing? What a fool.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2869519;
    Wow, who the heck knew that Dan's parents had that kind of money?? Based on their appearance and comportment on this show I had been thinking more along the lines of a double-wide. (Or maybe triple-wide in their case!).

. I agree. Jackie does have that white trash look.

FORT Newbie

I guess I am the only one that likes the Blue team and their "I am not going to throw my (ex) teammates under the bus" mentality. It is nice to see a group still stick together even if that means that they are keeping the bigger threats around. Why do they need to play fair (and help out the women) and not stick together (and help one of them)? It is pathetic and whiny for the women to keep complaining about it and that fact that as women they have it harder. Have they still yet to learn that life is not fair and that the blue team rather have one of their own mates win if they don't?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by crdnlsgrl;2870307;
    I guess I am the only one that likes the Blue team and their "I am not going to throw my (ex) teammates under the bus" mentality. It is nice to see a group still stick together even if that means that they are keeping the bigger threats around. Why do they need to play fair (and help out the women) and not stick together (and help one of them)? It is pathetic and whiny for the women to keep complaining about it and that fact that as women they have it harder. Have they still yet to learn that life is not fair and that the blue team rather have one of their own mates win if they don't?

You are not the only one. I like the blue team and hope they go all the way. I did have a hard time with Dan, but I think that was mostly due to him being related to Jackie. She was a sorry excuse for a mother, and was a poor example to her son. I also agree with you about the women boo hooing all the time about how unfair the men are to them. Kelly and Ali could have strategized too, but because they have not bonded they lost their chance so who's fault is that? Frankly, the men won fair and square.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, the end result of the guys' behavior is that the women have now bonded, and they won!

I for one have always found the challenges involving junk food (making them eat it, making another teammate eat it; pretending to eat it; even making them look at piles of it on tables to be worthless, disgusting wastes of my time as a viewer and theirs as competitors. And how wasteful, too! It might be junk food, but there are people in the world who could really benefit from some fries and pizza (just not this bunch). So they throw away all this food for just a few minutes of TV time--I find it sickening.

The physical challenges are usually convoluted in the extreme, but at least they are using physical activity to excel as individuals or teams and not strictly dumping on another team or player. The only food challenge I've seen that I liked was when chef Rocco judged the meals. Now that was a good, and actually useful challenge. They could go to a supermarket and do a "Dollar Dash' style challenge for staying within a calorie or monetary budget, or give them so many minutes to gather ingredients for a well-balanced, healthful meal. Running up and down the stands in an arena to schlep hot dogs and cotton candy was just bizarro.

No, life isn't fair. But I would say that sometimes God arranges karmic justice--ganging up on the women so blatantly has turned around to bite the Blue team in the butt. As someone pointed out, Dan's gone, Jay squandered his $10,000unnecessarily, and Roger is now caught between the brothers. In the unlikely event that he is below the line next week with one of the brothers, what are the chances that Mark or Jay would vote for his bro against Roger? We might test how strong those ties of friendship are in that case. I dunno--it really could be a toss-up next week. The only one I feel certain about being in the finals is Roger; all the rest have had very low weeks and it could happen to any one of them. I think Mark and Ali, being the smallest, are in the greatest danger of having low numbers. Ali will probably go home next week because I just cannot imagine another 6 pounds off that tiny little body two weeks running. I would most like to see Mark gone next week, with a final four of Ali, Kelly, Jay and Roger. Seems like at least one of the bros will be leaving next week. If it's Jay, than he has even more reason to regret not snagging that $10,000.

Australia next week . . .are you kidding me??? Do you know how far that is?? I can't believe the show is footing the bill for that. That kind of long-distance travel in a short time period takes a real toll on a body. These people have been working out so hard for hours and hours a day and all of a sudden are going to be sedendary and subjected to the stress of travel for like 24 hours straight both ways. Then they'll be punished like mad once they hit the ground. What with the pressure changes, the time changes, climate changes, et al, I would be very concerned about blood clots!

+ Reply to Thread