+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Spoilers:

Click to see Spoiler:
    So I just went to the CBS site and seen the two makeovers....one of which was Brittany...which means Maggie is the one that is gone, right? Aren't they doing the elimination BEFORE the makeovers. And on the site it says the SEVEN contestants got money for doing the makeovers.
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-14-2008 at 10:45 AM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;2840579;
    Spoilers:

Click to see Spoiler:
    So I just went to the CBS site and seen the two makeovers....one of which was Brittany...which means Maggie is the one that is gone, right? Aren't they doing the elimination BEFORE the makeovers. And on the site it says the SEVEN contestants got money for doing the makeovers.
    Did you mean the tvguide site?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Well I googled it and found some pics of Dan's and Brit's makeovers. What I don't get is why if there are 7 contestants would you pick one of the contestants on the chopping block to showcase on your site? Talk about the elimination having no suspense. Also on Jillian's site she mentions a twist at the elimination which can be anything so maybe that is why Maggie is sent home.

Jillian is losing it on the show. She is in need of some of the therapy that she is dishing out. Is it me or does the black team try to find every excuse as to why they are overwieght?
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-14-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I don't think the black team, as they are, looks for every excuse to explain their weight. I actually think that they are dealing with the underlying problems that lead to over-eating and their weight issues. It was that whole thing with "talk it out vs walk it out" and while I believe that either can work, I also think that it is really important to get to the root of problem. If you don't adequately address the cause, then the final results won't really stick and these contestants could very easily slip back into their old habits when not on the ranch. So I guess I see Jillian as being able and willing to address her teams underlying issues. Plus, she has a team of all girls and knows (I'm sure) that they will get emotional and need to talk things out, not walk them out.

I'm sorry, was I the only one applauding Jillian for going off on Allison? It might have been done in a cleaner manner, but it's probably nothing I haven't said to my own tv when a "stoopid" question is asked. And Allie got her back when a girl got the highest percentage of loss and she mentioned that. Zing and Zinger!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I wasn't cheering Jillian AT all. It's a bloody game, and Jillian and her black team are always acting like they are entitled or something. When something doesn't go their way, they whine and complain. I thought Ali had a great point... if you can't beat them with weight loss, you have to try a little game play.
    Ali should perhaps have thrown a choice word in or two herself!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2842539;
    I'm sorry, was I the only one applauding Jillian for going off on Allison? It might have been done in a cleaner manner, but it's probably nothing I haven't said to my own tv when a "stoopid" question is asked. And Allie got her back when a girl got the highest percentage of loss and she mentioned that. Zing and Zinger!
    I was clapping right along with you! Allison made a snappish and inappropriate comment, "are you giving up", especially coming from a woman who admits struggling with her own weight. Just look at the people standing before you Allison and take a wild stab at who is going to be there in a few weeks.

I have to wonder though how much of what Allison asks is because she is told to ask it. I'm sure the producers had a huge say in the questions she asked during weigh in. I don't know if they predicted Jillian's reaction, but certainly given the amount of attention Brittany had, it wasn't too far a stretch to see them having Allison zone in her and her bad week.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2843329;
    I have to wonder though how much of what Allison asks is because she is told to ask it. I'm sure the producers had a huge say in the questions she asked during weigh in. I don't know if they predicted Jillian's reaction, but certainly given the amount of attention Brittany had, it wasn't too far a stretch to see them having Allison zone in her and her bad week.
    According to Jillian, it was editing at its finest (worst?). In an interview, she said that she was responding to a producer and NOT to Allison. She never in a million years thought it would be edited to look like she was going off on Allison.

Apparently, the producers had been egging Brittney on all week about whether she felt guilty or not for Bernie being gone and that Brittney had been crying all week as a result of the producers non-stop questioning.

Jillian ALSO said that the reason the girls fell apart with Bernie gone is because Bernie protected them from the Blue Team's constant bullying.

Interesting stuff.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, that makes a lot more sense!!!

To the Point

Thing is, I have been supremely unimpressed with Brittany. She spends more time whining and making excuses than working out. So sorry that the blue team has been bullies (and I don't doubt that at least some have), but she has been hard to tolerate. Jillian even has had issues with her work ethic at times. I really liked her at first, but she just never truly stepped up and showed that she was willing to make it work for her. Does she look better? Certainly. However, I think that she had the potential to do more.

+ Reply to Thread