+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I have been sick of Kelly crying for weeks now. Enough and go home. Love the spoiler, thanks Jluvs.. Depending on this spoiler, it appears that the battle is between Roger and Dan for the win. The women will not be able to hang in with the low numbers they are pulling.

CCL

I was sad to see Bernie go home. But it looks like he's done well at home, so good for him. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. I liked his comment that the next time America saw him he would be modelling on the cover of their favourite magazine.
    Regarding next week
    Click to see Spoiler:
    hard to say who I'd like to see come back. I'd probably choose Trent and Bernie, as those are the two I liked the most. I wonder what factor will determine who gets to come back to the ranch. If it is the other players who get to decide, they will probably pick people who they view as less threatening - maybe one of the Pinks or something.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I agree with Kelly crying driving people crazy but you know what, Kelly is not strong enough I don't think to do this at home alone she needs Jillian to be on her to keep her going. I didn't realize that they had to eat what they got from the vending machine I just thought Dan was being greedy. That's what I get I guess when I flip between this show and One Tree Hill.

Man, oh, man. I think Bernie deserves the "Jesus Christ award for Selfless Sportsmanship" after giving Brittany a free pass last night. Just goes to show what a mensch Bernie is. I probably would have chosen not to use my immunity pass after it was announced that it was every man/woman for him/herself. If their positions were reversed, do we believe that Brit would've given Bernie a free pass? Food for thought.

I have to commend Bernie for being a good person, despite the fact that his generosity tanked his own game chances. That was by far the classiest behavior we have seen from any BL contestant to date. Bern looks so svelte now! I doubt he's even got more than 10 more pounds to lose, so there's really no chance that he can even take the at-home prize . . .he just wasn't big enough to start with.

While it seems highly unlikely that Maggie or Brit will prevail over the remaining Blue Team or Kelly to stay until the final three (or will they go for four this time, do you think?) it still irks me that either of those girls are still in the game while the likes of Paul and Bernie are gone. Brittany had only half of Bernie's 88-pound weight loss, despite being there the same amount of time. While I have empathy for the female metabolism when it comes to weight loss, still, anyone who hasn't even broken the 50-pound mark (ie, been able to average at least 5 pounds a week)--does she deserve to stay over people that have topped her by 100%?

I get used to thinking of the contestants as 'still-fat people' so when the comparison shots are made and we see just how different they really do look, it's a reminder that yeah, they have been working hard. Though I find it curious that now that the flab and the man-boobs are diminishing, making them easier to look at, they NOW let the contestants weigh in more covered up. Bizarre. Do we think it's because of loose and saggy skin or what?

Brittany now weighs less than I do. Guess that makes me 'still fat' too!

To the Point

I too find Kelly's crying very tiring, however, that poor woman needs the encouragement of Jillian and the routine that the ranch allows them. Those two young girls should have been pulling larger numbers than Kelly just on age alone. Last week (I think that's when it was) was very revealing regarding Brittany and how much trouble Jillian was having getting her to really push herself and get a really good workout in. That really bugged and surprised me. I wanted to kick her butt and, based on what was shown, Jillian did as well. I actually admired Jillian's restraint. Brittany needs to go. I just haven't liked the bit of attitude that I've seen over the last several episodes.

Love Bernie. Hate that he was the one to go. He seems really sweet and genuine.

All I can think when Brittany is bleeped so many times each episode is "Wow, her parents must be so proud!" *sarcasm* I'm really sad because with Bernie gone, I really don't have anyone I'm rooting for. Maybe Roger?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think the men are getting to wear shirts now because the "empty" man boobs, when the fat is gone, are even harder to look at than "full" ones.... If that doesn't shrink back I would foresee some minor plastic surgery in the guys' future... which they can't have until the show is over of course.
    Interesting idea, whether Bernie could have not used the immunity thing..don't think that was ever listed as an option. While I do agree he's a great guy, giving it to Brit was also good game play... she's a vote to keep him if he ever needs one.
    I'd like to see Bernie minus a few more pounds, enough to eliminate the double chin and bring out the cheek bones, but I agree he's a cutie even now. And, my, his girlfriend is attractive.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2824670;
    Man, oh, man. I think Bernie deserves the "Jesus Christ award for Selfless Sportsmanship" after giving Brittany a free pass last night. Just goes to show what a mensch Bernie is. I probably would have chosen not to use my immunity pass after it was announced that it was every man/woman for him/herself. If their positions were reversed, do we believe that Brit would've given Bernie a free pass? Food for thought.
    I have to commend Bernie for being a good person, despite the fact that his generosity tanked his own game chances. That was by far the classiest behavior we have seen from any BL contestant to date.
    I think Trent was pretty classy when he asked his teammates to vote him out when the Black Team were up for eviction. Good point with regards to if Brittany would have given the immunity pass to Bernie if she had it...I wonder.

While it seems highly unlikely that Maggie or Brit will prevail over the remaining Blue Team or Kelly to stay until the final three (or will they go for four this time, do you think?) it still irks me that either of those girls are still in the game while the likes of Paul and Bernie are gone. Brittany had only half of Bernie's 88-pound weight loss, despite being there the same amount of time.
    But Brittany had less to lose in the first place. I don't know if Brittany has had a problem with being consistent in the gym. They did show Jillian on her last week but otherwise they haven't mentioned it. Whereas with the White Guy (whose name escapes me), they were constantly mentioning his slacking off. Maybe Brittany was just having an off day.

I get used to thinking of the contestants as 'still-fat people' so when the comparison shots are made and we see just how different they really do look, it's a reminder that yeah, they have been working hard. Though I find it curious that now that the flab and the man-boobs are diminishing, making them easier to look at, they NOW let the contestants weigh in more covered up. Bizarre. Do we think it's because of loose and saggy skin or what?

Brittany now weighs less than I do. Guess that makes me 'still fat' too!
    I've read elsewhere that it is because of the loose skin. You have to think that they'd have issues with it, especially considering they've lost so much weight so quickly.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Of course Brittany would have given Bernie the immunity pass, they were partners. There is no strategic move that he passed up by giving it to her. He had no choice as far as not giving it away. They are all losing slower now so who ended up below the line was a crap shoot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2824728;
    I too find Kelly's crying very tiring, however, that poor woman needs the encouragement of Jillian and the routine that the ranch allows them. Those two young girls should have been pulling larger numbers than Kelly just on age alone. Last week (I think that's when it was) was very revealing regarding Brittany and how much trouble Jillian was having getting her to really push herself and get a really good workout in. That really bugged and surprised me. I wanted to kick her butt and, based on what was shown, Jillian did as well. I actually admired Jillian's restraint. Brittany needs to go. I just haven't liked the bit of attitude that I've seen over the last several episodes.

Love Bernie. Hate that he was the one to go. He seems really sweet and genuine.
    What Jillian said in regards to Brittany that it frustrates her to see Brittany work so hard and not lose the weight. She also made the point that while Brittany does work hard she does have tendency to give up right at the end of whatever she is doing. I am not a Brittany fan and I to do not understand why at her age and under this type of supervision she is not dropping 8 or 10 lbs a week. When I complained about this before a poster did comment that one of the girls? or both of the girls are not some kind of meds for a thyroid condition. I am not sure and hope someone can clarify this because I would like to know and understand why on a limited diet and 3 to 4 hours of exercise 6 days a week only; at times, results in 2 or 3 lbs weekly weight loses.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread