+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 02/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 02/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I am speculating, but will use tags just in case:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think when they get back to campus, that they will play as individuals. No more teams.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2794374;
    As Jillian said a lot of it does stem from emotional problems, most from a long time ago, and some of them may not even connect the dots.

I'm torn about how I feel of them showing the sessions on tv. It's likely good for people who will never go to a therapist to see it, as well as maybe get them thinking about their issues. The whole privacy thing though is a bit bothersome. The point about the emotional connection a lot of people have to over-eating was definitely needed.
    A big part of the problem is that these situations are KEPT private, held in, never spoken about. I dare say that the contestants were given the option of being "public" or not about their therapy. SHOULD facts like Paul's father's behaviour be kept "hidden"? What about Kelly's childhood? That had to be rough. Are these people supposed to face their demons and at the same time hide them from the world? I don't know if it was the BEST way to do it, but at least those demons that were shown are now public knowledge. I have to think that it was, overall, a good thing.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

CCL

Wasn't Paul's father shown in his tape from home? Honestly, I don't think the theray sessions should have been made public. What if Paul still had a relationship with his father? I'm sure it's going to be ruptured by what was said on television. Maybe Paul doesn't care about that but if his mother is still with his father, it might hurt his relationship with her and other family members. I'm definitely not saying that we should hide away any abuse, but I don't think publicizing it to the entire country is necessarily a good move either.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I have to assume that the therapy participants agreed post-session to air their tapes and had some control over what was shown... otherwise J's mom should have her license yanked.... Note that we didn't see a tape from everyone.
    And I'm with everyone, what's up with Bob and the new drive to win at any cost and macho man thing? If anyone would have been up for therapy I would have thought it would have been Papa Smurf! That it was drill sergeant Jillian was a big surprise...shows people are more complex than you think!
    In that macho crowd on Bob's team it would have been impossible for any of them to opt for therapy without strong support from Bob, and I'm sure at least Dan could have profitted from it. The whole "we walk it off, we don't talk it off" thing was so "real men don't eat quiche" I kept wondering what on earth happened to the real Bob. Starting to really want Jillian to win this season to snap him out of it. I mean suppose Bob wins in this persona? He'll never go back to the old Bob we know and love.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456