+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 02/05 *Spoiler* Discussion Thread

Re: 02/05 *Spoiler* Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2784322;
    I thought it was poor form of Jackie to make Black swear on their kids. And I also didn't like her going up to Trent and telling him he was going home and he should be okay with that - like she was the sole deciding voice. I'm glad she got sent home.
    I totally agree. SHE basically backed them into a corner with that whole swearing-on-the-kids thing and then freaked out about it after the fact. Although she seemed to be truly happy about her weight loss - and everyone elses - she was really too caught up in the game aspect. The negative strategizing is NOT my fav part of this show .

I thought the previews for next week looked interesting. They showed Bob storming out of the gym during the weigh in. It looked like Brittany's weight went from 189 to 208 right before that but I'm sure it was just one of those ticks of the scale they show. I want to know what ticked Bob off though.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Yeah, these BL producers are evil . . .they get us all ramped up for the MOST SHOCKING WEIGH-IN/ELIMINATION EVER IN BIGGEST LOSER HISTORY!!!!!

and then the actual event is a big come down. Perhaps Bob leaves the gym in the middle of the weigh-in because he got intestinal cramps.

I predict that the numbers will be far smaller next week due to the gargantuan postings of this week. Too bad Bernie couldn't have saved those 13 pounds for next week, since his numbers didn't really count toward the team win. Those huge numbers will not occur twice in a row, especially for the ladies. I predict losses of 0-3 pounds for most, and maybe even a gain or two.

Jackie has been looking increasing rough as this game went on. Maybe the 'game play' was wearing on her? The other women are cute as they are and will be knockouts once they are done losing weight, but Jackie, I fear is going to remain a bitter-looking old hag even skinny.

She does look good at 170s, but sorely needs a makeover. Unless the ugly on the inside can't help coming out on the outside, and then it won't matter--nothing external can be done to make that more attractive.

P.S. I will also hope, for Dan's sake, that he will not be permitted to receive nightly bitter strategizing mind-control phone calls from his mother. Jackie would try that for sure if she could get away with it.

Perhaps she hid gameplay directives in his underwear drawer before she left. Also seems like something she would do.

This woman really could be starring in a Greek drama!

FORT Fogey

Swearing on your childrens lives or a stack of Bibles or anything is just silly and shouldn't be taken seriously at all! Poppycock. This is kids on a playground stuff. Jackie, grow up. This is a game.

FORT Newbie

Jackie and Dan are my favorite plays. I can't believe what hypocriates Mark and Jay are. They are the only team I don't like and the only team I don't want to win. They decieve and lie and play the game to their advantage too. They act like they are gods, above every one and every thing.

On nbc.com they have the extra videos up and they've made it pretty clear that when they fall below the yellow line again, Dan will go.

Dan's ranting and and raving in the confessional. The blue team is all pissed off.

Jerks. I feel sorry for their kids. How do you swear on the life of your own children on national televsion. I guess that they feel their kids deserve to die.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2784432;
    Jackie has been looking increasing rough as this game went on. Maybe the 'game play' was wearing on her? The other women are cute as they are and will be knockouts once they are done losing weight, but Jackie, I fear is going to remain a bitter-looking old hag even skinny.

She does look good at 170s, but sorely needs a makeover. Unless the ugly on the inside can't help coming out on the outside, and then it won't matter--nothing external can be done to make that more attractive.
    I think it's a case of you can't keep the ugly inside from coming out. But regardless, someone should clue her in that washing her hair will take off at least 5 lbs. Unless it's just the "style" she has that has it looking so gross, chick needs a haircut at the very least.

I see she works with kids. Can you imagine her running a dodgeball game? As for the swearing on the kids lives. Lame. If she can be so indignant that M&J "broke" the swear and she could never swear on her childrens lives why doesn't she see it's ignorant to ask that of someone else. Oh, yeah, that would take some self awareness. Soooo glad she's off my screen. Now just get rid of Pauly Panda Man and Kelly Debbie Downer and I'll be a happy girl. Not the happiest girl in the world because that's for another show but still happy.

Oh, and I don't believe Dan actually had those size 36 jeans of his brother's buttoned and zipped. To me his brother looked bigger than a 36 anyway unless he's really really short and Dan doesn't look thin enough yet for them. Not that it's a skinny size but judging from the men in my life and the sizes they are at various weights, heights and shapes I don't think so. Unless they are made by the same person who made Mallory's size 9 jeans. Then I want some too!

FORT Fanatic

I noticed all of the men exchanging looks with each other while Jackie was talking to each other. It was like, "See, we knew this is what she would do." It was so obvious that they were just saying whatever needed to be said to get her out of their rooms. They were aware of her scheming to get rid of the brothers through the water loading strategy a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure they viewed her as scheming and manipulative, willing to stab any of them in the back for her own gain. There was no choice. Get rid of the source of drama.

As for her hair, I'm afraid that she suffers from the same problem I have: very fine, limp, "dish-water" blonde hair. Her earlier hair color was probably toe-head like her sons' hair. Left in it's natural color, it ALWAYS looks like it needs to be washed. A few highlights or having it brought up a couple of shades and a good haircut, such as a bob with an undercut, will do wonders for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2784322;
    It was the earlier challenge when they were going through the muddy water and certain teams (led by Orange) ganged up to eliminate the Black team. There was a bit of yelling between Black and Orange at the challenge as I recall and then later Jackie, when they were all gathered together in the living room, flat-out told Black that they thought Black had won enough challenges and so they went after them. Black said last night that since then they have never really trusted Orange and still couldn't.
    I thought it was poor form of Jackie to make Black swear on their kids. And I also didn't like her going up to Trent and telling him he was going home and he should be okay with that - like she was the sole deciding voice. I'm glad she got sent home.

Kelly's boyfriend told her he missed her, especially at night and missed kissing her. Paul got upset and said he was devastated and didn't need to hear that about his wife. Kelly said she was not his wife anymore and that she knew it was hard but he was ruining her moment. He agreed and then told her that he would always love her but he knew they wouldn't work.

So glad that the Black team pulled it out! Yay for Brittany especially.

Not a big fan of Rocco's but I did like the challenge last night a lot.

Muduh - the videos were basically like this:

The Purple Girl - her mom and sister telling her they loved her and missed her.
    Brittany - her mom telling her she was so proud. She goes into her bedroom a lot because she misses her so much.
    Bernie - his girlfriend and dog. Bernie said that his girlfriend loves him no matter what but he wants to lose weight so that he can complement her when they walk side by side.
    Kelly - as above. I believe her parents were also in it?
    Paul - his parents. Basically saying they were proud and he was doing something great for his health.

Thanks very much for putting together this long post and explaining everything, it is very much appreciated.

PS: I do agree with the other posters Jackie does need a bit of a makeover, definitely do something with the hair.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Snoozin' on the beach

This was the most discombobulated episode with all the weather interruptions and politic interruptions. Is there anyone out there that was able to view the whole show? Do they rebroadcast it like the do "Apprentice" on another station (MSN??)later in the week? I don't remember if they did for BL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast