+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 1/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Jenn's lost 53lbs. Good for her. She's still got a ways to go though. Especially around her midsection.

Premium Member

wow I wonder who the shocking elimination will be

Man, now I can't wait to see next week's!

Jillian - "You have given me no choice, I am going to go into my closet and dust off my avenger hat...". This is after Bob has his pick of teams.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Kelly was so sweet - "If you have to send one of us home, send me. Paul needs to stay here." I think there's a lot more to that relationship than we've seen.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fan

Any thoughts on the fact that Jillian did not complete the challenge? I don't really care that she didn't go up and down the escalator all ten times, but I know that's been an issue in the past with the contestants. If the trainers are there, they want them to finish. If they aren't, the other contestants (sometimes) try to shame them into finishing. I'm thinking in particular about the one where they had the home team come in. They got the hardest group of things to lift, and people gave them a hard time when they didn't want to complete the challenge when they were the last ones left.

In other news, I don't want to hear Bob get upset about gameplay any more. Choosing teams the way he did was pure gameplay.

I missed the escalator challenge (and I am exceedingly sorry about it, too. Sounds like that there was some good viewing.

As I remarked on Critical's recap thread, Jill's humiliation just underscores the fact that men and women are built differently and in a physical contest, all other factors being equal, a man will always prevail. Jill's in great shape. Could she have beaten pretty much all the men among the contestants? Very likely. But a for a man at her level of fitness--no contest.

I think, to be absolutely fair, they have to devise a challenge at which the women can excel. I hear that women are superior long-distance swimmers due to our extra fat around our internal organs. Insulates them and also is great for bouyancy. Our wider bone structure at the bottom also serves to anchor us in the water. The English Channel swimming record (many many miles in freezing cold water) is held by a woman. Why don't they put Jillian and Bob in some cold water and have a retest? I think that would be fair.
    Last edited by hikari; 01-30-2008 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling!

Wow last night's show was great from the escaltor challenged that looked so easy from my couch yet was so hard. Watching Jillian struggle up and down..omg! But Brittany, I was so proud of her, I was cheering her on the entire time. . I will say I was pretty surprised at the lack of pounds lost on the black team...what the heck happened and I have said all along we never get to see their meals and Jillian finally said that last night, that they need to re-evaluate the meals in the BL House. Kelly staying the same, Paul gaining 3 pounds...odd, very odd.

Watching the previews for next week it mentioned getting calls from home, it looked to me like Kelly has a BF at home?? She never mentions him at all! I was hoping maybe Paul and Kelly would get back together but by the look of the preview that won't be happening any time soon. And others here have mentioned that Paul does indeed have a GF.

Do the trainers really train that differently that going from one routine to another can cause them to not lose or actually gain weight? I've always thought exercise is exercise and it didn't matter how it was done as long as it was done. It's been mentioned before by trainers that drastically changing a routine can cause a plateau.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2775833;
    I missed the escalator challenge (and I am exceedingly sorry about it, too. Sounds like that there was some good viewing.

As I remarked on Critical's recap thread, Jill's humiliation just underscores the fact that men and women are built differently and in a physical contest, all other factors being equal, a man will always prevail. Jill's in great shape. Could she have beaten pretty much all the men among the contestants? Very likely. But a for a man at her level of fitness--no contest.

I think, to be absolutely fair, they have to devise a challenge at which the women can excel. I hear that women are superior long-distance swimmers due to our extra fat around our internal organs. Insulates them and also is great for bouyancy. Our wider bone structure at the bottom also serves to anchor us in the water. The English Channel swimming record (many many miles in freezing cold water) is held by a woman. Why don't they put Jillian and Bob in some cold water and have a retest? I think that would be fair.
    Bob is also taller than Jillian. Studies have been done before that men and women of equal hieght are equally strong in the lower body (legs). Yes men do have more muscle in the upper body and usually larger lungs than women and this is where the differences appear.

Seriously, if Bob and Jillian were the same height the excalator challenge would have been more equal.

My brother is 6'. I am 5'4". I workout. He does not. Just walking around the block I have to ask him to slow done because he has longer legs than I do and covers more distance.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread