+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/22 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 1/22 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Congrats to all the people who've lost weight here!! I too am in the process of losing. Just a few more to go. Going through the process makes the people who water load that much more aggravating. I just want to smack them silly. Why waste the perfectly good training and weight loss on something so foolish?!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2766812;
    Congrats to all the people who've lost weight here!! I too am in the process of losing. Just a few more to go. Going through the process makes the people who water load that much more aggravating. I just want to smack them silly. Why waste the perfectly good training and weight loss on something so foolish?!

They fill their systems with water which is eliminated soon after. All the water pounders will show a big loss next week. Their loss of fat is not effected at all.

Oh yeah for sure, but I still don't understand why they'd jeopardize themselves like that. I'd want to stand tall and be proud of what I lost every week. Not try to diminish it for "gameplay". To me, that's just cheating the game the opportunity to better theirselves. It's just not an accurate representation of what they did that week or what they'll do the following.

peachroses

Speaking of health, is it really healthy to loose as quickly as these contestants loose weight. 50lbs. a month... that is insane. I realize they have Dr's monitoring them, but I wonder if they can keep the weight off, and how their body reacts to such a drastic change.
    Because I said so ....

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2766715;
    Actually the 1st no brainer was not voting for Black team to be 6 vs. 1 in the first place. With the huge weight lose and no one throwing it, Black would have easily gone home
    i don't know how easily it would have been - black did have the highest percentage of weight lost and there is no guarrantee that the other teams would have lost that much, but it could have happened.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

I'm not conviced that grey is more of a threat--or pink is a different threat than grey. Pink did vote against yellow. Yellow had to take that into consideration. While grey might beat them percentage-wise, pink will vote against them. To stay longer you really need people to not vote you out if you fall below the yellow line. Pink voted against them once and may do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;2766358;
    Unklescott - how many lbs is it for you now?
    I've lost 103 and am now officially a lifetime member of Weight Watchers.

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;2767013;
    i don't know how easily it would have been - black did have the highest percentage of weight lost and there is no guarrantee that the other teams would have lost that much, but it could have happened.

I think they could have beaten black but anything is possible. But then, none of them knew that twist when first voting who they want to send home next in the first place. That was the no brainer. No garauntee Black team would have won the 2 lb. pass either

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2767551;
    Woo hoo, Unklescott!!! You rock!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2767551;
    *threadjack Good job Unklescott. I used to work with a kid that was a lifetime member. He had been overweight all his life and went to Weight Watchers when he was in high school. He lost the weight and looked fantastic when I knew him as a young college student. He kept up on his diet but every once in awhile he would mention that he would go to a meeting just to keep himself on track. I've always thought that was a great feature that they have. I think he would go just for the encouragement. He used to mention all those "old" ladies loving him. *end threadjack

I thought Bob was hilarious when he told those people that if they were going to throw the weigh-in that he better know before. I would think if they had told him it would have been shown. It will be interesting to see his reaction next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast