+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/22 Show discussion **Spoilers**

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: 1/22 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2765805;
    They did, or so they claim after Niel's waterlaoding last season and the outcry from it from viewers. There's no question they waterl]oaded-they've got it on tape. Just more lip service to keep from losing viewers last season i guess.

but wasn't this show filmed before the other one aired? so maybe it is for future shows.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

also - as to the thought that Bob may have been prodded by the producers to talk and be outraged by water loading when he hasn't really talked about it before - remember it was just last season that it became so very blatant and really obviously played as a strategy (thanks to mr 17lb weight gain Neil). It could actually be not an outraged prodded by producers, but an outraged prodded by last season's flagrant scale manipulations. Not that these type of manipulations were not used in previous seasons, but I think last season was particularily bad.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

To the Point

I have no problem with game play, however, I do think that you have to be careful. Game play has always reared it's head in one way or another throughout the seasons. It's just come to the forefront more in the past few seasons.

FORT Fogey

Jillian told them that they had to form alliances to win this game and encouraged them all to do so. That is as much game play as water. Good idea to pull your trainer into the loop, however. Bob must have felt like a fool when he stood dumbfounded and really thought his training may be at fault, last season.

This game includes hard work, a social dance and manipulation. I enjoy watching all of it.

Production, being aware of the water trick, included the twist last night. Very smart move. Keeps them on their game playing toes!

FORT Fogey

Game play led to Matt's winning...the week he had immunity didn't he gain 25 lbs or something like that by eating a bunch of steak and more? That was worse to me than Neil's waterloading last year...since it was also going against the nutrition education for the sake of the game, but then again he was a wrestler and used to that kind of up and down play.

I don't mind the small game play, and really liked the Australian biggest loser rule that if anyone gains weight, they are automatically one of the two up for elimination...so even if someone had immunity, it would be cancelled with a weight gain. They even brought some folks back into the game, which I didn't like as much, but the no gain rule was a good one.

I like the way Australia does it too. I felt like the game play thing was completely done by the production team. It really felt like it was scripted and the players were asked to do it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I agree with those who said that the Grey team should have been given the boot. If they must "gameplay", then at least do it right. Have these people never watched this show before? The biggest men always have the biggest percentage loss - it's a no-brainer to eliminate them at the first possible opportunity.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

true, it is a no brainer, but this group of losers seem to be very concerned about the health factor of obesity, not just in themselves but in others. it seems we are hearing more this season about how a player should stay because of health reasons more than in seasons past. not all the mentions have to be gameplay. some may be honest concerns.

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;2766658;
    true, it is a no brainer, but this group of losers seem to be very concerned about the health factor of obesity, not just in themselves but in others. it seems we are hearing more this season about how a player should stay because of health reasons more than in seasons past. not all the mentions have to be gameplay. some may be honest concerns.
    Actually the 1st no brainer was not voting for Black team to be 6 vs. 1 in the first place. With the huge weight lose and no one throwing it, Black would have easily gone home

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;2765708;
    76 pounds in 5 months! (I'm a 42 year old female, by the way)
    That is GREAT! Way to go. I'm 41 and female, so I know how hard it is to do that. Wow. You averaged, what, about 15.2 pounds a month?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast