+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1/15 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 1/15 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Looks like Amanda continues to shame that hubby of hers, at least percentage-wise.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

If you could vote off one more team right now... who would it be...... dun dun dun

Neil lost 23 since leaving ranch. 48 to date

43 in total for Amanda. I missed what she lost since leaving. It was something around 20. She wants to weigh 103 in April. That seems aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2755032;
    If you could vote off one more team right now... who would it be...... dun dun dun

Neil lost 23 since leaving ranch. 48 to date

43 in total for Amanda. I missed what she lost since leaving. It was something around 20. She wants to weigh 103 in April. That seems aggressive.
    130. She was 185 at the last weighin. Lost 23 more at home and is now 162. She wants to be 130 by the April weighin, 32lbs is very doable depending on which week in April.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Ah, what a difference that makes. I agree. 32 is very doable. I was thinking 103 seemed extremely low. Thanks!

I felt so sorry for Amanda tonight. Hopefully she will be down to her goal for the finale, as I believe she has the ability and spunk to do it. I loved seeing all the team dynamics tonight, in particular the mother/daughter team talking things out.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

To the Point

I sat watching this show, and Neill, thinking that his behavior would cause serious friction if I were his spouse. I know that sometimes you really don't have anything left to give. However, I never saw him at a point where this seemed to be the case. Amanda was so focused and seemed to work so hard and he just really had no desire to be there. What really bugged me though was that he seemed to have this attitude of being better than the rest or something. I really couldn't put my finger on the exact nature of his attitude just that he had one and it really bugged me. Neill should be way, way ahead of Amanda in pounds lost, but he really isn't. I wasn't at all surprised that she had lost 1 more than he had since being home. It really made me sad for her that Neill had put her in a position when she felt that she had to be his cheerleader and defend him.

FORT Fan

so does anyone know what Jackie and dan won for being the biggest loser couple last week?
    They had a choice between:

LUXURY: massages for a week for them and one other team

FAMILY: Family member of their choice coming for 24 hours

GAMEPLAY: their team gets 2 votes at elimination

They didn't know what the actual prize was in each category until after they made their decision. They rightly chose gameplay.

This was the first episode of "Couples" I have seen. My first impression was pretty positive. It's nice to see the interaction between the team members. And Bob and Jillian work well together, so that is nice.

So far I'm not sure who to hate.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2755510;
    They had a choice between:

LUXURY: massages for a week for them and one other team

FAMILY: Family member of their choice coming for 24 hours

GAMEPLAY: their team gets 2 votes at elimination

They didn't know what the actual prize was in each category until after they made their decision. They rightly chose gameplay.

Since Dan didn't even get to use his vote last night, I bet they are wishing they would have chosen massages now! Seriously, that would be my choice. I love my family . . .but massages for a WEEK is a slammin' prize. Not to mention the undying gratitude it would've earned them from the other team chosen! In retrospect, they wasted their prize, and they must know it. Ally should have at least started with them in the elimination round, even though 2 votes in that case wouldn't have mattered. My gut feeling is that every single card at the table said "Neill and Amanda" on it.

Watching the couples last night, a thought occurred to me . . . 1. That this game might actually reignite the love between the divorced (yellow) couple. They certainly were bonding last night, and that 2. this game might result in divorce for the newlywed (white) couple, since it revealed such a massive flaw of character in the husband. How long can his little wife be expected to carry his lumpy self? Thankfully they are losing at home, so maybe they won't split up after all . . .but Neill seemed universally loathed in the house. That hasn't happened since . . .Neil!!! Seriously, maybe that name is jinxed.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

This was a great show, even though I was switching the channels a lot. I thought it was great the pink team (mom and daughter) talked about some of the problems. I enjoyed watching the team interactions (black yelling at yellow, black yelling at black)-very interesting! I was halfway glad that the white team went home. It's a shame that the wife couldn't stay. He seemed to be a sarcastic soul who didn't quite know how to pull it off (kind of like me at times in FORTv)-I absolutely loved when at the vote-off he said that his wife cried better than he did (and I think he implied that she cried "on cue")-did you notice that quick second glances that they received from the other teams?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast