+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 1/8 Show discussion **Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 1/8 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2746550;
    I call balogne on her being a 9!

ETA: Though they both look healthier, Curtis did very well!

I so totally agree with you regarding her size. I thought maybe I heard wrong when she said 9. NOT>

I am also agreeing with everyone on Mallory being a size 9.
    I weigh less than she does and am a size 12 or 14 depending on the brand.
    I am probably a little shorter though.
    Also, the son from the mother/son team reminds me of a younger and slightly smaller Bruce Vilanch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

peachroses

show really dragged tonight

I think 2 hours is too long for this show..... it was sooooo long..... did we really have to listen to every phone conversation....... come on... and then the commercials....... ok enough whining....... lol

I wanted white shirt guy to go home with ms. yellow.... can't stand the crying. too bad....... oh well.......

until next week.......
    Because I said so ....

I thought I was being over critical, but I'm glad that you guys are backing me up. They shouldn't let her do that. It's not fair to the viewers.

Lame, they should have given the phone call to the Blue team for finishing 2nd.
    The white teams' kid can't even talk really not to mention Neill is a pansy.

To the Point

I didn't see the whole show, just the last hour (which was plenty of time but would have liked to have had the 2 hours compressed). Anyway, it was painfully obvious that everyone is really sick of Neill. I was really impressed with Amanda last week (didn't see enough to have an impression this week), but I can't figure this duo out.

First of all 2 hours is way toooo long. If NBC does not have any other "good" shows that can help with the ratings at least do not hold the viewers hostage. I personally only check in to see the weight in and then to see who got eliminated. My time is too precious to waste on listening to people's justifications as to why they are voting someone off.

As for 5'6" 189lb Mallory's size 9 jeans. I am sure that the manufactuer of those jeans tags that particular jean she was wearing as a "size 9". Other manufacturers who do not fall for "vanity sizing" that soothes a plus size person's ego would probably size her jeans a more realistic size 16. It's either that or Mallory took a Sharpie marker and wrote 9 on the tag.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I never thought I'd say this, but I kinda miss the regular teams. Who thought that the whining/weeping potential would be so magnified in pairs, but that's what's happening.

Missed the premiere and just met everyone for the first time last night. Am I wrong or do some of these people seem positively mental? Also the weight losses are much smaller than we are accustomed to seeing. Picnic pigout challenge aside, are they not working these people as hard? Some of the guys looked like they might drop dead if worked too hard. This is a very emotional group, too. With the level of wailing and weeping going on last night, you would have thought that someone's child had just been diagnosed with a terminal illness, or somebody's mother died. I know they are tired and overwrought with tension, but let's get a little perspective, people. This is a game show, not the funeral of your child.

Curtis and Mallory seemed like a nice couple. Sorry they are gone, if some of the other teams are what we have left. They were rewarded for having a functional marriage with getting kicked off. Aw, gee, guys . . .you really shouldn't have! Who thought that the BL contestants were so compassionate?! (I'm being sarcastic here.) First of all, I can't imagine entering this contest with my ex in the first place, but being permitted to remain because the relationship sucks just beats the band.

I wasn't around for the assigning of colors, but does anyone else find it ironic that the African-American couple were given the brown shirts? They rocked those shirts better than any of the other couples could, but I wonder if they were happy about that color assignment.

And, yeah . . .Mallory looked great, but at 184 pounds still no freaking way is she wearing her daughter's junior-sized pants! Not with the zipper up, at any rate. C'mon Mal . . .you look wonderful, but you have a woman's body, not an adolescent girl's. Nor should you--let's not lie about it and contribute to unnecessary size obsessions. I am in the 170s, and a size fourteen. Even if I reach my goal weight of 135 pounds, I won't be back in the junior sizes. The last time I was that small, I was a misses 8-10. Mallory has a different body type than mine, but there's no getting a junior's size 9 over those hips. I wish them both all the best, but that includes a realistic assessment of their actual size.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I don't know,...a size 9 is different in each pair of pants. There is no standard that I've ever noticed. I wear pants from 8 to 14 and it all depends on the style and cut of the pants.

Great show-I think Mr Yellow should have gone. He, along with Mr White, got on my nerves. Of course, I think that any one who ate crap a day before weigh ins should receive an extra pound or two.

I also think Mr White got his eyes opened and hopefully he won't waste his advantage any more.

I thought size 9 was a little too optimistic as well. However, Mallory does appear to be more top-heavy (hard to tell with the clothes she was wearing) so it's possible that she has a small enough waist to wear a larger size 9. You're right, famita, clothing sizes do vary greatly. I have clothes in several sizes as well. I find that the cheaper the clothes, the smaller they make them (makes sense, I guess, less fabric).

I have to say that I'm not usually a regular viewer of this show, but I'm really enjoying this season (in spite of the overlong 2-hour episodes). They picked a great bunch of competitors this time around. The one thing I'm not crazy about is having Jillian & Bob team up to train. I liked the additional competition of Jillian's team vs. Bob's team.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread